Funny Comics

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Funny Comics

Post by Slap Shot »

I think it's funny that the liberal cartoonists are getting some of the blacks angry by their masterpieces. I hopes that they keep doing it so that they lose more black votes.

The libs won't get the southern vote because the libs keep calling them Rednecks, they won't get the Christian vote because they call them Jesus Freaks, and they won't get the other Republican voters because they're being called racists and bigots.

-- Slap Shot
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

I'm a liberal...
Never called anyone a racist or bigot... Unless they deserve it...

I'm just not comfortable with the morality thing... Is that so bad??
It's OK to be against to "status quo"....

I don't want religion guiding politics.. I don't care about XMas lights and 10 Commandments... I do care about other issues that are morality driven...
Another perception of the Moslem world - is that we are against "theocracy" in moslem countries but we have one ourselves now...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:I'm a liberal...
Never called anyone a racist or bigot... Unless they deserve it...

I'm just not comfortable with the morality thing... Is that so bad??
It's OK to be against to "status quo"....

I don't want religion guiding politics.. I don't care about XMas lights and 10 Commandments... I do care about other issues that are morality driven...
Another perception of the Moslem world - is that we are against "theocracy" in moslem countries but we have one ourselves now...
The constitution grants freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. How come it's politically correct to argue the Muslim's supposed right to be photographed for driver license photo's with a veil covering their face but if you display a cross in public people are all over you saying that they find if offensive? "I'm just not comfortable with the morality thing... ", you had your man in office for eight years that espoused that view, though I don't swallow your belief that "is that we are against "theocracy" in Muslim countries but we have one ourselves now.", but there is a new sheriff in town same as the old sheriff, with a majority of the American people behind him. The gains in the Senate and Congress further point to the Conservative direction this country is going. The Democrats better start looking into what they can change to get back some of the people they have lost to the new right. The more they point the finger at the republicans and continue to say what they must change to form a consensus the better it is for the republicans. The Democrats still are under the impression that what they say matters, truth be told if they don't start working with the republicans in moving this country in the direction the voting majority has clearly stated it wants to go they may never see the majority or the White they once completely controlled. IMHO
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
though I don't swallow your belief that "is that we are against "theocracy" in Muslim countries but we have one ourselves now.",
DO YOU GUYS NOT READ WHAT I'M WRITING!!!!!?!?!??!
It's not my belief... It's a perception of other people and cultures... I care about how we are percieved... To the Islamic word - it's all about perception... How are other treating Moslems...

Jeeeze....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:
though I don't swallow your belief that "is that we are against "theocracy" in Muslim countries but we have one ourselves now.",
It's not my belief... It's a perception of other people and cultures... I care about how we are percieved... To the Islamic word - it's all about perception... How are other treating Moslems...

Jeeeze....
If you don't espouse the view why repeat it? You may care but I don't care in the least what the perception is of a bunch of terrorist who's stated aim is to kill us all. Don't try to defend by saying its only a few radicals, because I hear nothing from the Muslim leadership to make me believe different. The handshake evolved to show your enemy your hand was free of weapons, I not willing to drop my weapon and extend my hand to anyone that has stated they want me dead. Jeeeze
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

shortski wrote: though I don't swallow
Huh, You said Swallow!
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:

Jeeeze....
If you don't espouse the view why repeat it? You may care but I don't care in the least what the perception is of a bunch of terrorist who's stated aim is to kill us all. Don't try to defend by saying its only a few radicals, because I hear nothing from the Muslim leadership to make me believe different. The handshake evolved to show your enemy your hand was free of weapons, I not willing to drop my weapon and extend my hand to anyone that has stated they want me dead. Jeeeze
Because I don't think we can ever achieve peace until we can get the Islam on our side... It's my belief...

There's a kid on the West Bank or in Iraq right now... Doesnt watch Fox or CNN... But he hear's that an American killed a wounded Iraqi.. He identifies with his fellow Muslim or Iraqi or whatever... His leadership doesnt impart all the stuff we know about the situation over there... Because his leadership is not moderate... And no other Islamic leader is willing to make an effort to set the record straight...
It makes the kid mad.. next thing you know he's shooting Westerners...

Thats all I'm saying... It's their perception about the "West"... It drives them to kill us...
You want more dead americans... Then play to the perception...
You want less people joining the fight against us... Then hold your course...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

DMC, I don't think there's any way to change the perception of that kid. The radical leaders won't let any good we may do filter down to him. They'll keep feeding him junk regardless
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:DMC, I don't think there's any way to change the perception of that kid. The radical leaders won't let any good we may do filter down to him. They'll keep feeding him junk regardless
Then we will fight to the death... More lives lost - more senseless violence and hatred...

It's not the world I want to live in...

I think we can change the world... I think we have the power...
I laugh every day when I'm out at lunch with my boss who's Russian.. I always think back to being a kid in the 60's... I was basically trained to hate communtists.. I feared Russia...
And look whats happeing now!!!
We're friends...

It can be done... It has been done... It has to be done...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

you are correct.

I think the change will have to filter down from the top. Something has to happen that will make a big impact. Not sure what that is. Maybe the death of Arafat will have something to do with it. We shall see.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:you are correct.

I think the change will have to filter down from the top. Something has to happen that will make a big impact. Not sure what that is. Maybe the death of Arafat will have something to do with it. We shall see.
The murder of the Care worker the other day has sent waives through the moslem community... But then the GI that killed the wounded Iraqi calmed the whole thing down...

Too bad...
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

I'm with you DMC...

Post by Cityskier »

And SkiDork was right. It needs to happen from the top. But currently at the top we have leadership who believes in a "go it alone" policy. I don't think anyone with half a brain ever suggested that we allow any foreign entity set our agenda or have veto power over our foreign policy. But I feel our foreign policy is misguided and dangerous. We have leadership with isolationist tendencies while, like it or not, we are involved in a global economy.

I don't hate any particular group of people. I have no reason to. But that doesn't mean I can't understand why certain groups have issues with the way the US does business. Iraq and Iran have not had a bearing in my life. But the US has sure had an effect on their lives. We brought the monster to power that we recently took out in Iraq. And now we want to be patted in the back for removing the problem we helped create? The mad man was useful when we wanted him to take on Iran. And we thought that fully armed, powerful, and wealthy he would just sit idly by? Seems a little short-sighted to me. Just like our ballooning deficit that our Senate just increased the ceiling of by 800,000,000,000 (8 Hundred billion). And like our current leaderships view on the environment.

None of it matters, right?
DMC
Post Office

Re: I'm with you DMC...

Post by DMC »

Cityskier wrote:But I feel our foreign policy is misguided and dangerous. We have leadership with isolationist tendencies while, like it or not, we are involved in a global economy.
Thats always been a bug up my ass.... I lose a job of 15 years due to globalization - if I complain about it - I get blasted about not supporting a global economy... Which Republicans are viament about supporting...

But I say we need to bring the world(globe) to the table to achieve peace and everyone accusses me of letting the world run our country...

...wow... I'm depressed...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
Cityskier wrote:But I feel our foreign policy is misguided and dangerous. We have leadership with isolationist tendencies while, like it or not, we are involved in a global economy.
Thats always been a bug up my ass.... I lose a job of 15 years due to globalization - if I complain about it - I get blasted about not supporting a global economy... Which Republicans are viament about supporting...

But I say we need to bring the world(globe) to the table to achieve peace and everyone accusses me of letting the world run our country...

...wow... I'm depressed...
We asked they refused, not the same as going it alone. We through our elected representative decided that our interest were best served by taking action, believe it or not it is that simple. Stop saying we are going it alone, it has been posted before the allies that support us. If your asked to the dance and refuse don't sit outside the dance and throw rocks. Liberals and Democrats claim to be so tolerant and willing to compromise, why don't they get on board with the majority of Americans who voted in the current administration, work for change through compromise and maybe some of their views and opinions will be heard and implemented, taking shots won't change anything..JMHO
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:We asked they refused, not the same as going it alone. We through our elected representative decided that our interest were best served by taking action, believe it or not it is that simple. Stop saying we are going it alone, it has been posted before the allies that support us.
I know - I know... I saw your list...
but...

Could you please post the countries that are still with us and suppporting us in Iraq with ground troops and $$$???
And the precentage that they are contributing...?

Just wondering if it's changed...