VOTE AND DIE!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
SkiDork
Site Admin

VOTE AND DIE!

Post by SkiDork »

Sort of like the opposite of the recent "Vote or Die" camaign...

Snipped from CNN.COM:

An Islamic militant group in Iraq is warning Muslims to skip the country's upcoming elections, saying anyone who runs for office would be branded an infidel and "punished in the name of God."

OK, here's what I'm missing:

WTF do they want? I'm guessing they want to be in power themselves? Without any sort of vote?
DMC
Post Office

Re: VOTE AND DIE!

Post by DMC »

SkiDork wrote:WTF do they want? I'm guessing they want to be in power themselves? Without any sort of vote?
they want a theocracy.. Their flavor of an Islamic State - kinda the way Afgahnistan was before we got rid of the Taliban..
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

OK, thats reasonable.

BUT, does that automatically mean they will be using it as a home base for terrorism to kill the infidels? Or can they leave others alone?
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

SkiDork wrote:OK, thats reasonable.

BUT, does that automatically mean they will be using it as a home base for terrorism to kill the infidels? Or can they leave others alone?
Reasonable? How? I think that would make the campaign in Iraq an utter failure.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:

right... We know whats right for them...
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:

right... We know whats right for them...
Just like Bubba knew what was right for the Serbs!
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Just Like MacArthur new what was right for Japan!
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Just like the French are right for the Ivory Coast!
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Just like the Russians are Right for Chechnya!@
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Muslim Extremists named AL-QUIDA want to rule the WORLD. They hate Americans and what we stand for and wish to wipe us out.

YOU CAN'T PANDER to them.Its Kill or Be Killed...
with the U.N.s help Sadams weapons were sold to the highest bidder <along with the oil for food fiasco>because we TOOK TO LONG to invade Iraq!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

U.N. can't be trusted

Post by Atomic1 »

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:Just like the Russians are Right for Chechnya!@
Chechnya just wants to be free... I don't agree with what they did in the school - so don't jump all over me...
buuuut....
The Russians invaded it in the mid 1800's...
Then they broke aways during the Russian Revolution.. Then the Bolsheviks took it back... Then Stalin deported thousands on supicions of colaberating with the Germans... Then after WWII.. They re-established their country... Then after the USSR colapses - Yeltsin decides he wants it back and sends troops in... They fight back...
And now it's an ugly mess...
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Iraq will not be free again until it settles out through all-out-civil war and here's why. When the nation's boundaries were drawn, the Allied victors of WW2 neglected to respect traditional ethnic ties to the land. Therefore, at the drop of a hat, we basically said "you 2 bitter enemies are now countrymen. Have fun!" Then we supported ruthless dictators to control the various ethnic groups...one even gassed his own people with weapons we gave him. How dare he!!!

This is the same sort of thing going on in Africa. Just more precipitation from the age of colonialism (if it ever ended--but that's for another thread).
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

ski_adk wrote:Iraq will not be free again until it settles out through all-out-civil war and here's why. When the nation's boundaries were drawn, the Allied victors of WW2 neglected to respect traditional ethnic ties to the land. Therefore, at the drop of a hat, we basically said "you 2 bitter enemies are now countrymen. Have fun!" Then we supported ruthless dictators to control the various ethnic groups...one even gassed his own people with weapons we gave him. How dare he!!!

This is the same sort of thing going on in Africa. Just more precipitation from the age of colonialism (if it ever ended--but that's for another thread).
Don't really know the history of Iraq, but I do it is an artifical construct. There's no common heritage, language, share history, nothing to bind those people together -- except maybe their hatred of one another.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre