Letter From a Fallujah Marine

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Letter From a Fallujah Marine

Post by Atomic1 »

Once again the blogger world has stepped up to the plate to do job the mainstream media are supposed to do - but seldom bother to do anymore.

While U.S. and Arab media went-pedal-to-the-metal with the NBC video of a Marine in Fallujah committing the "atrocity" of defending himself and his platoon against a wounded terrorist, PowerlineBlog.com has helped put the incident in perspective by publishing a letter from a brother Marine who describes just what our guys are up against.

The moving account is beginning to make the rounds on talk radio, with WABC host Mark Levin sharing it with his audience Thursday night.
We thought it was worth doing the same:

Letter From a Fallujah Marine:

This is one story of many that people normally don't hear, and one that everyone does. This is one most don't hear:

A young Marine and his cover man cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with AK-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insurgent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor (doctor)!"

He is badly wounded, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Marine and his cover man slowly walk toward the injured man, scanning to make sure no enemies come from behind. In a split second, the pressure in the room greatly exceeds that of the outside, and the concussion seems to be felt before the blast is heard. Marines outside rush to the room, and look in horror as the dust gradually settles.

The result is a room filled with the barely recognizable remains of the deceased, caused by an insurgent setting off several pounds of explosives.

The Marines' remains are gathered by teary-eyed comrades, brothers in arms, and shipped home in a box. The families can only mourn over a casket and a picture of their loved one, a life cut short by someone who hid behind a white flag.

But no one hears these stories, except those who have lived to carry remains of a friend, and the families who loved the dead. No one hears this, so no one cares.

Instead they join the BIASED LIBERAL MEDIA in trying to support their own agenda!
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

This liberal is not questioning the Marine... I DO question the media...

This Liberal was only bringing out the point that the Islamic world precieves this as a bad thing...

I guess they don't read BLOGS....
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

[quote="DMC"]
This Liberal was only bringing out the point that the Islamic world precieves this as a bad thing...

quote]

I would love to hear someone from the islamic world step up and as you say, criticize or voice their perception that the suicide bombings and behadings are a bad thing. It would also be great to hear the liberal or islamic media step up as well.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:I would love to hear someone from the islamic world step up and as you say, criticize or voice their perception that the suicide bombings and behadings are a bad thing. It would also be great to hear the liberal or islamic media step up as well.
I want that happen SOOOOOO bad...
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:I would love to hear someone from the islamic world step up and as you say, criticize or voice their perception that the suicide bombings and behadings are a bad thing. It would also be great to hear the liberal or islamic media step up as well.
Isn't there some kind of islamic ski message board that you can go to and debate some guy named GHUTRABOY about this ! :D
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

CAPBOY wrote:
DMC wrote:
Isn't there some kind of islamic ski message board that you can go to and debate some guy named GHUTRABOY about this ! :D
actually, if you recall, his name is MABALZISHARI.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:
DMC wrote:
Thats what NYC taxi cabs are for.... :)
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

KingsFourMan wrote:
Ooops, my bad. The blow to the head this weekend is to blame.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:
KingsFourMan wrote:
Ooops, my bad. The blow to the head this weekend is to blame.
I thought his name was Al-asasdflksfdlwejasjsadflasdfthghg