CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Re: Spin Doctor

Post by CAPBOY »

Pedro wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:Now CBS is looking for a replacement for Dan Rather.

So far the ones that are being considered are Michael Moore, Howard Stern, and Linda Ronstadt.

-- Slap Shot (The Spin Doctor)
Word....
go howard
Howard blows too.....he's just like Rather...would do anythig even if it's not factual to have bush out of office
Hes a cry baby, but his show is funny.
Its all marketing. Create the hype about the FCC. Piggyback on the Kerry wagon even though most of his views are different. Get people listening. Make the move to Sirius.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

CAPBOY wrote:
Pedro wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Word....
go howard
Howard blows too.....he's just like Rather...would do anythig even if it's not factual to have bush out of office
Its all marketing. Create the hype about the FCC. Piggyback on the Kerry wagon even though most of his views are different. Get people listening. Make the move to Sirius.
I don't know how Sirius is going to go.....all they do is keep spending and when they need more money they just make more stock available....I'm skeptical.

E
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:
Pedro wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Pedro wrote: go howard
I don't know how Sirius is going to go.....all they do is keep spending and when they need more money they just make more stock available....I'm skeptical.

E
There are lot of crazy fans in NY and philly, they will go with howard. we shall see.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bill Walton is starting his own Sirius channel... Featuring ... The Grateful Dead...
I'm probably getting Sirius in the next month or so...
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Yeah, but what's the building penetration of the Sirius stream??? Can you get it while driving through valleys? How about the urban canyons of downtown NYC? Does satellite really have the reach that traditional broadcast does?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

ski_adk wrote:Yeah, but what's the building penetration of the Sirius stream??? Can you get it while driving through valleys? How about the urban canyons of downtown NYC? Does satellite really have the reach that traditional broadcast does?
I beleive so.

People are moving to it....but the company Sirius (SIRI) is not the best company....it's taking a big risk putting itself out there and hoping people jump on the bandwago (like cable TV). Take a look at the SIRI stock and reviews and you'll see what I mean. I just don't see what's so great about 12.95$ a month for radio....I'm not in my car enough.

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I just don't see what's so great about 12.95$ a month for radio....I'm not in my car enough.
When you live in the Catskills and all you get is country or heavy metal stations...
It's WELL worth the $$$....

Remember - I'm a hopeless liberal... I need my NPR... I miss my NPR....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I just don't see what's so great about 12.95$ a month for radio....I'm not in my car enough.
When you live in the Catskills and all you get is country or heavy metal stations...

Pull all public funding for NPR until the give equal time to Rush, 4hrs a day would be about right. :lol: I do love Click & Clack the Tappet Brothers on Car Talk, out of my old hometown of Cambridge Ma.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:

Pull all public funding for NPR until the give equal time to Rush, 4hrs a day would be about right. :lol: I do love Click & Clack the Tappet Brothers on Car Talk, out of my old hometown of Cambridge Ma.
Rush....
O'Riely maybe... I actually agree with most of the stuff he says...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

NPR is some of the best broadcasting available on radio, even if I don't always agree with some of their commentary. If I agreed with them all the time, something would be wrong with them.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:

or if you spend 6 hours in a car each way to k everyweek....with a girlfriend whou like to talk :P :P
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Bubba wrote:NPR is some of the best broadcasting available on radio, even if I don't always agree with some of their commentary. If I agreed with them all the time, something would be wrong with them.
I like the NPR, i discovered it driving from Colorado springs to breck,, its the only station that would come in.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Bubba wrote:NPR is some of the best broadcasting available on radio, even if I don't always agree with some of their commentary. If I agreed with them all the time, something would be wrong with them.
Been watching a lot of C-Span lately...
Are they credible - in the eyes of "Red States"? Before I discuss the amazing stuff I saw the other day
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
Are they credible - in the eyes of "Red States"? Before I discuss the amazing stuff I saw the other day
I just love the term "Red State" makes me laugh.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:
I just love the term "Red State" makes me laugh.
Me too.... It's getting a lot of mileage in my crowd...
Especially since "red" used to mean commie....