Dee Snider on VH1 narrates the 40 Least Metal Moments

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Dee Snider on VH1 narrates the 40 Least Metal Moments

Post by Slap Shot »

Dee Snider on VH1 narrates the 40 Least Metal Moments. I saw it last night and thought it was good.

Soooo... I've decided to list my own top ten least metal moments:

- In 1979, after being in a high school where just about everyone was into metal, I went to UConn and discovered that I was just about the only one on campus that was into metal.

- Some bands that I liked in the '70s produced some albums that I didn't like... such as "Don't Look Back" from Boston, "Panorama" from The Cars, and "Paradise Theater" from Styx.

- In the mid 80's, I've decided to no longer listen to rock radio because it was over-playing more and more stuff that I wasn't into... like "Beat It" from Michael Jackson, "No More Lonely Nights" from Paul McCartney, "Living On a Prayer" from Bon Jovi, and "I Wanna Know What Love Is" from Foreigner.

- In 1986, "20/20" (narrated by Barbara Walters) did a segment on heavy metal. It degraded the music in saying that all heavy metal bands are trying make people worship the devil, do drugs, become violent, and commit suicide.

- During a Guns N' Roses concert, Axl Rose became pissed when some fans in the front rows were taking pictures, so he threw down the mic and walked off the stage. The media jumped on it saying that it was another example of how bad rock music is.

- In the early '90s, CDs replaced vinyl in most record stores. That made the albums from underground '80s metal bands become either out of print or almost impossible to find.

- In the early thru the late '80s, Lamour East in Queens, NY was my favorite hang out. There were usually three to four bands a night, a two dollar cover charge, and the place usually drew a good crowd. I made a lot of friends who were regulars, I got to know most of the staff, I became friends with the band Night Wolfe and hung out with them backstage when they played, the girl at the coat room used to check in my jacket for free, I became friends with the people running the merch booths and often helped out, and one time I showed up at a sold out Man O War show and was let in. However, around 1988, because of dwindling attendance, the stage was moved closer to the bar cutting the size of the place in half. My friends no longer went there, Lamour East had a turnover in staff, and I no longer knew anyone there. A few months later, the place became a dance club.

- In the early '90s, it became apparent that all of the teens in my home town were dressing jiggy and were into RAP.

- After listening to Fingers Metal Shop (WBAB) for almost a decade, I stopped listening to it in 1992 because I didn't like any of the new music it was playing.

- In 1999, I saw the KISS film "Detroit Rock City." I totally liked it and thought that it might bring some teens to be into metal. But it didn't happen... the movie lasted only three weeks in my local theaters.

-- Slap Shot

"The strategy (in golf) is to terrify people. I put a snake in every bag." - Alice Cooper

Fun Fact --> Alice Cooper is pro-Bush.
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

On Dec 5, 1791, Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart dies.

In 1986, Austrian singer Falco records ROCK ME AMADEUS!!!

:lol:
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.