Napalm gas.... ???!?!?!?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:Yes that is horrible, that's what makes war so bad, innocent people get hurt. I'll still take my enemy combatant, shooting at me and trying to kill me or my fellow Americans, as well as any terrorist trying to alter the American way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness extra crispy with a side order of 7.62 full metal jacket NATO round in the forehead.

How is any a-hole insurgent(or whatever you want to call them) going to affect MY life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness??

By killing OUR soldiers
By killing MY FRIENDS
By hurting YOUR friends' daughter's and son

E
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:Yes that is horrible, that's what makes war so bad, innocent people get hurt. I'll still take my enemy combatant, shooting at me and trying to kill me or my fellow Americans, as well as any terrorist trying to alter the American way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness extra crispy with a side order of 7.62 full metal jacket NATO round in the forehead.

How is any a-hole insurgent(or whatever you want to call them) going to affect MY life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness??

By killing OUR soldiers
By killing MY FRIENDS

E
Easiest way to fix that problem is to get our people out of there.
Even though I completely disagree with the war, I've felt that since we broke the place we have a moral obligation to fix it. Beginning to think that it isn't worth it anymore and we should just get the hell out.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

BigKahuna wrote: "I've felt that since we broke the place we have a moral obligation to fix it. "

It's like going into a restaurant, overturning a few tables, and then saying "I'll fix it, I'll fix it." You know the restaurant owner isn't gonna want you to stick around to do that. Would you fight him because he's trying to kick you out after you messed his place all up?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

ski_adk wrote:BigKahuna wrote: "I've felt that since we broke the place we have a moral obligation to fix it. "

It's like going into a restaurant, overturning a few tables, and then saying "I'll fix it, I'll fix it." You know the restaurant owner isn't gonna want you to stick around to do that. Would you fight him because he's trying to kick you out after you messed his place all up?
No its not, if you dont fix the tables the cooks are not going to have an all out civil war with the wait staff and bartenders and the hostess is not a brutal dictator.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

By killing OUR soldiers
By killing MY FRIENDS

E
Let me rephrase... If we hadn't have gone to Iraq how would those nasty Iraqis affect MY life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness??
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

DMC

They would have been discgracing us with flag-burnings, imaginary WMDs and, hrm...that's all I can really think of. But just imagine if Iraq did have those things. Imagination alone is more than enough justification to go to war.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

ski_adk wrote:DMC

They would have been discgracing us with flag-burnings, imaginary WMDs and, hrm...that's all I can really think of. But just imagine if Iraq did have those things. Imagination alone is more than enough justification to go to war.
You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one
Thank you... but the conservatives will say we went to save the very people that we are killing and maiming(colateral damage) now...

Wonder how that makes Mr and Mrs Joe Iraqi feel... Because thats what really matters now... The people and weather they perceive as liberators or occupiers...
What I feel doesnt matter...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

American Legion Magazine, December 2004

PROGRESS IN IRAQ

I am serving with the 2/108th Infantry, New Yourk Army National Gueard We are attached to the 1st Infantry Division - Big Red One. I wanted to drop you a line to let you know how we are doing over here.

Our unit is located in the Sunni Triangle, about 30 miles North of Baghdad. We have several missions, to patrol the main supply routes and protect the large airbase here. We have been successful in fighting the enemy and winning over the Iraqi civilians. The battalion has lost one soldier who was killed on April 11 from Glens Falls. Many of you probably know of his sacrifice. We had numerous close calls, but we are much better shots than the insurgents. We have killed and captured many insurgents and have found large cashes of weapons, as well. At the same time, we have helped the Iraqis in rebuilding local schools, medical clinics, and have passed out shoes and candy to countless children.

I know the public back home only sees the bad news. I want everyone back home to know that the soldiers here are doing their duty and trying to make this place better. The soldiers here have left families and jobs and have laid it all on the line to help a nation be free and recover from a terrible regime. Their sacrifices must not be in vain. Continue to supppor the troops so taht the mission here gets done and done right.

The support from back home has been great overall. It is what makes bad days over here tolerable. Thanks for your prayers and support. We will be proud to come home to a grateful nation and be part of the American Legion in the years ahead. I am planning to reserve the post for my welcom hom party next year . Hope to see you then.

Captain Geoffrey Cramer, deloyed in Iraq.

An added note: My Manager is in northern Iraq. Until recently their duty was building schools and infrastructure, with the help of the Iraqi people who like to work along side them. Now they are hunting insurgents, THE ENEMY.

My co-worker is in Baghdad, helping to rebuild and restore that city and it's economy.

Note the captain above was very POSITIVE, as are my co-workers. Maybe you should be talking to some of them instead of being pius in here.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:Note the captain above was very POSITIVE, as are my co-workers. Maybe you should be talking to some of them instead of being pius in here.
Pius huh???
So expressing my opinion makes me pius...? Last I heard that makes me an American...

And JUST where have I said that good things are not happening..??? I know you hate my guts Dr No - but please..... Don't paint me as inhuman...

I don't question the duty of our service men - I actually honor it..... I question our governments actions that put those guys at risk - rushing to war without an exit strategy...(sound familiar?? Powell Doctrine..)

MY sister-in-law is an Army Doc and spent time over there helping kids out in Afgahnistan.. She got in a lot of trouble for supplying kids with clothes that wer donated by her kids school... Cause she stepped out of the line... But she couldnt operate on these poor kids and put them back in their ratty lice infested clothes....

I know first hand about the good... I just question the bad...
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Pedro wrote:Any description as to how we are deploying the napalm? Its not all carpet boming.
I guess no answer for this one?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:Any description as to how we are deploying the napalm? Its not all carpet boming.
I think in Vietnam I think they used canisters to drop it... Not really a surgical strike thing..
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
I think in Vietnam I think they used canisters to drop it... Not really a surgical strike thing..
I was refering to Iraq and the naplam gas.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
It is a BOMB. You drop it and it explodes spreading petro all over everything with ignition. Not to difficult to understand. Air burst gets best results, just like the vaborized gas bombs. Detonate 100-200 feet above the ground and whoosh. The compression wipes things out and then the heat burns them up. Unlike napalm, it doesn not stay or stick to things.

If you get a chance, watch a History or Wings thing on Nam. They show these things hit the ground and then SPREAD out all over. Instead of shrapnel, it's fuel.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
It is a BOMB. You drop it and it explodes spreading petro all over everything with ignition. Not to difficult to understand. Air burst gets best results, just like the vaborized gas bombs. Detonate 100-200 feet above the ground and whoosh. The compression wipes things out and then the heat burns them up. Unlike napalm, it doesn not stay or stick to things.

If you get a chance, watch a History or Wings thing on Nam. They show these things hit the ground and then SPREAD out all over. Instead of shrapnel, it's fuel.
I understand the general napalm concept and got to watch many great instructional vidieos in the Infantry Officer Basic Course, just never heard of the gas. Thought maybe they were using somthing smaller for Close quarters battle for clearing builidings.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC wrote:

By killing OUR soldiers
By killing MY FRIENDS

E
Let me rephrase... If we hadn't have gone to Iraq how would those nasty Iraqis affect MY life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness??
I'm not sure. All I know is UN inspectors were not allowed into various sites.....who knows what was going on.

Like I always say, better to be safe than sorry.

E