DMC
Post Office

Who's Election Is It Anyway???

Post by DMC »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... pr_wh/bush

Bush Adamant on Iraq Election Schedule
4 minutes ago White House - AP

By SCOTT LINDLAW, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) said Thursday that Iraq (news - web sites)'s elections must not be delayed from their scheduled date of Jan. 30, rejecting calls from more than a dozen political parties there to postpone them until security at the polls can be ensured.

...Rest at link...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

It's the Iraqis people's election, and as such we can't allow the enemy combatants and the terrorist to postpone the elections because they threaten violence if the people go to the polls. We provide for the best security and train the new Iraqi security and police force to insure the safety of the people and the election process, or do you think it would be better to cow tow to the terrorists?
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:It's the Iraqis people's election, and as such we can't allow the enemy combatants and the terrorist to postpone the elections because they threaten violence if the people go to the polls. We provide for the best security and train the new Iraqi security and police force to insure the safety of the people and the election process, or do you think it would be better to cow tow to the terrorists?
Dude... they are political parties that want to be in the action... And they don't feel an election would be fair cause people are afraid to leave their houses.... In spite of our best efforts to quell the violence...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

On another note two battalions from the 82nd Airborne Division are deploying to provide additional security for the election.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:On another note two battalions from the 82nd Airborne Division are deploying to provide additional security for the election.
I think were all out of soldiers to send now...
Who's next?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:On another note two battalions from the 82nd Airborne Division are deploying to provide additional security for the election.
Who's next?
Us 40 somethings. Guess I should start running more. Big and bulky ain't gonna cut it...........
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Who's next?
Us 40 somethings. Guess I should start running more. Big and bulky ain't gonna cut it...........
No way - pleanty of high school and college kids to send over there... We have an endless supply...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Who's next?
Don't worry they need IT guys too. Ill lend you pedro's "going back to baghdad" Fitness vidieo
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Let me ask you guys something. Say you have a major political election coming and you know there's a pretty good chance that someone outside is taking names of who's participating in that election so that they can come after you later. Are you going to go vote??? Are you going to let your wife, children, mother, father go vote? Especially when voting makes you a target for insurgents to storm your house in the middle of the night and slaughter you or your family?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Who's next?
No way - pleanty of high school and college kids to send over there... We have an endless supply...
Yup, just waiting for the Dems to put up another bill to restart the draft, just like they did before the election, the Republicans called them on it and brought it out for a vote and it was killed by Wrangell, the guy who originally put the bill in. Tried to use it to scare people before the election that the Republicans were going to restart the draft, just like you're insinuating now, didn't work then won't work now. Hope the Dems and Liberals never change, because if they stay the same and continue to promote the same platform as they have for the past eight years they'll never get back the majority they held for over 30 years, and that's a good thing.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:Yup, just waiting for the Dems to put up another bill to restart the draft, just like they did before the election, the Republicans called them on it and brought it out for a vote and it was killed by Wrangell, the guy who originally put the bill in. Tried to use it to scare people before the election that the Republicans were going to restart the draft, just like you're insinuating now, didn't work then won't work now. Hope the Dems and Liberals never change, because if they stay the same and continue to promote the same platform as they have for the past eight years they'll never get back the majority they held for over 30 years, and that's a good thing.
Dude... Don't get started on scare tactics... The friggin repulicans successfully scared the living sh!t out of half of america... they SAID that if you don't vote for us - you'll die... Why else would they vote for a dolt like Bush... they act like they own 911 and saved our asses.. Meanwhile the 911 commision recomendations go unacted on...

Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constiuants - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...
It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldnt go through...
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

ski_adk wrote:Let me ask you guys something. Say you have a major political election coming and you know there's a pretty good chance that someone outside is taking names of who's participating in that election so that they can come after you later. Are you going to go vote??? Are you going to let your wife, children, mother, father go vote? Especially when voting makes you a target for insurgents to storm your house in the middle of the night and slaughter you or your family?
They didnt rise up against Sadam... Why would they rise up against the "insurgency" to support George Bush and his western ways?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote: Dude... Don't get started on scare tactics... The friggin Republicans successfully scared the living sh!t out of half of america...

Actually it was more than half, that why GB won the election, thank god, 4 more years.

they SAID that if you don't vote for us - you'll die...

And whats not true about that, I believe if Kerry got in more Americans would die, so I guess I bought in to the scare tactic, or maybe I just felt that GB had my safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK

Why else would they vote for a dolt like Bush...

felt that GB had their safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK

they act like they own 911 and saved our asses..

I didn't check out all possible sources, but I'm pretty sure we haven't been attacked again since 9/11

Meanwhile the 911 commission recommendations go unacted on...

Gridlock in Washington is a good thing, the less they do the better I like it.

Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constituents - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war

Another Black leader that uses his constituents to his own avail, Bill Cosby tells it like it is, tries to tell the Black community it's about personal responsibility and a strong family, and the so called Black leadership is all over him. There is change afoot, the Black community is now starting to look at their leadership in adifferent light, re, the article posted on th NAACP scandle.

...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...

Just another Dem wasting our time and resources promoting his own agenda

It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldn't go through...

Wrong again, in every state that had a vote on gay marriage, the vote was to ban same sex unions as being referred to as a marriage. If the pols, both repubs & Dems had the guts to bring it to a vote it would pass, make no mistake about it. Personally I don't give a crap one way or another, just don't call it a marriage, there are plenty of other words to choose from, a rose is called a rose because that's what it is, whatever a same couple union is, I'm convinced it's not a marriage, so until they people pushing that agenda come up with a different word for whatever it is they want to engage in I'm for banning same sex unions being called a marriage.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote: Dude... Don't get started on scare tactics... The friggin Republicans successfully scared the living sh!t out of half of america...

Actually it was more than half, that why GB won the election, thank god, 4 more years.

Ok - A little less then half - don't kid yourself - it wasnt a landslide...

they SAID that if you don't vote for us - you'll die...

And whats not true about that, I believe if Kerry got in more Americans would die, so I guess I bought in to the scare tactic, or maybe I just felt that GB had my safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK

Why would you believe something like that... Are you saying our law enforcement is not "on the job"?

Why else would they vote for a dolt like Bush...

felt that GB had their safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK
they were afraid...

they act like they own 911 and saved our asses..

I didn't check out all possible sources, but I'm pretty sure we haven't been attacked again since 9/11
Yet another comment that you made that makes me sick... To joke about something like that is horrible...
Don't get cocky.... GWB takes care of all the cockiness in this country... It may happen again(god forbid) - and GWB cannot stop it...

Meanwhile the 911 commission recommendations go unacted on...

Gridlock in Washington is a good thing, the less they do the better I like it.
Meanwhile - all that good work to protect us goes unfinished... lame...

Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constituents - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war

Another Black leader that uses his constituents to his own avail, Bill Cosby tells it like it is, tries to tell the Black community it's about personal responsibility and a strong family, and the so called Black leadership is all over him. There is change afoot, the Black community is now starting to look at their leadership in adifferent light, re, the article posted on th NAACP scandle.

Cool... Let them do what they feel is right... I don't know what Rangle has to do with Bill Cosby.. Rangle happens to be a well respected person..

...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...

Just another Dem wasting our time and resources promoting his own agenda
PUUUUUUUULEASE!!!! Republicans have wated billions over the last 4 years....

It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldn't go through...

Wrong again, in every state that had a vote on gay marriage, the vote was to ban same sex unions as being referred to as a marriage. If the pols, both repubs & Dems had the guts to bring it to a vote it would pass, make no mistake about it. Personally I don't give a crap one way or another, just don't call it a marriage, there are plenty of other words to choose from, a rose is called a rose because that's what it is, whatever a same couple union is, I'm convinced it's not a marriage, so until they people pushing that agenda come up with a different word for whatever it is they want to engage in I'm for banning same sex unions being called a marriage.

I'm talking changing the constituion - which our president endorsed to force HIS religious morals on the country..... States can do what they want IMHO... http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/ ... .marriage/
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Well, we've all heard about the hippy, tax & spend Democrats. Doesn't sound like a good moniker, but to contrast it with something like the Spend, borrow and war Republicans, I can live with being considered a tax and spend hippy.