Who's Election Is It Anyway???

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

ski_adk wrote:Well, we've all heard about the hippy, tax & spend Democrats. Doesn't sound like a good moniker, but to contrast it with something like the Spend, borrow and war Republicans, I can live with being considered a tax and spend hippy.
Our coffers are in the crapper right now... God forbid we get forced into another war... Friggin China will own 1/2 the US....

So lets cut more taxes!!! YEEEE HAWW!!! STAY THE COURSE!!! IT'S HARD WORK!!!!
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

And oh yeah, and in addition to being in debt up to our eyeballs to China,
the GOP-run federal govt. is trying to MAKE IT EVEN EASIER to import goods to the U.S. while simultaneously making it easier to out-source jobs to foreign nations. So basically, they've mortgaged the farm, killed the cattle, and burned the crops. So, can someone PLEASE tell me what happens when the debt collector comes calling?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

ski_adk wrote: So, can someone PLEASE tell me what happens when the debt collector comes calling?
Join the Army... It's part of the GWB plan...

Just like he wants to beef up the stock market by allowing people to invest their Social Security...

It's all backdoor stuff... Manipulation...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:
DMC wrote: Dude... Don't get started on scare tactics... The friggin Republicans successfully scared the living sh!t out of half of america...

Actually it was more than half, that why GB won the election, thank god, 4 more years.

Ok - A little less then half - don't kid yourself - it wasnt a landslide...

Factor in the loss of seats in both the house and senate, consolidating all the power to the Republicans, I'd call that a landslide, and also a good thing.

they SAID that if you don't vote for us - you'll die...

And whats not true about that, I believe if Kerry got in more Americans would die, so I guess I bought in to the scare tactic, or maybe I just felt that GB had my safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK

Why would you believe something like that... Are you saying our law enforcement is not "on the job"?

That's part of the problem the Liberals look at terrorism as a police action and responsibility, while sensible people look at it a a military threat

Why else would they vote for a dolt like Bush...

felt that GB had their safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK
they were afraid...

no felt that GB had their safety as an American a little higher on his list of priorities than did JK, not a fear thing more of a trust thing, are liberals ever going to understand this basic reason as to why JK lost?

they act like they own 911 and saved our asses..

I didn't check out all possible sources, but I'm pretty sure we haven't been attacked again since 9/11
Yet another comment that you made that makes me sick... To joke about something like that is horrible...
Not trying to be funny, more like sarcastic, checking sources get it, but if it had that strong of an impact on you, well I guess it's OK that you misinterpreted my intent.

Don't get cocky.... GWB takes care of all the cockiness in this country... It may happen again(god forbid) - and GWB cannot stop it...[/color]
Glad you realize that if someone is willing to give up their life to take yours it's impossible to stop, but it won't prevent the liberals from pointing the finger if the unthinkable happens again

Meanwhile the 911 commission recommendations go unacted on...

Gridlock in Washington is a good thing, the less they do the better I like it.
Meanwhile - all that good work to protect us goes unfinished... lame...
Not lame, just don't agree with most of the findings and recommendations of the committee, my right, thank you very much.
Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constituents - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war

Another Black leader that uses his constituents to his own avail, Bill Cosby tells it like it is, tries to tell the Black community it's about personal responsibility and a strong family, and the so called Black leadership is all over him. There is change afoot, the Black community is now starting to look at their leadership in adifferent light, re, the article posted on th NAACP scandle.

Cool... Let them do what they feel is right... I don't know what Rangle has to do with Bill Cosby.. Rangle happens to be a well respected person..
I was drawing the analogy that Rangle is using his constituents to his own avail, from your post "He speaks for his constituents - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war", and comparing it to Bill Cosby pointing out that the problems in the Black community, in his opinion, are cause by not taking responsibility for the cause of the problems, high rate of families with no man in the house, high teenage birth rates etc., and for pointing these things out the other "Black Leaders" jumped all over him.

...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...

Just another Dem wasting our time and resources promoting his own agenda
PUUUUUUUULEASE!!!! Republicans have wated billions over the last 4 years....
I don't think all of the spending of the past four years is a total waste, but that's what happens when the other party falls out of favor and looses all it's power.

It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldn't go through...

Wrong again, in every state that had a vote on gay marriage, the vote was to ban same sex unions as being referred to as a marriage. If the pols, both repubs & Dems had the guts to bring it to a vote it would pass, make no mistake about it. Personally I don't give a crap one way or another, just don't call it a marriage, there are plenty of other words to choose from, a rose is called a rose because that's what it is, whatever a same couple union is, I'm convinced it's not a marriage, so until they people pushing that agenda come up with a different word for whatever it is they want to engage in I'm for banning same sex unions being called a marriage.

I'm talking changing the constituion - which our president endorsed to force HIS religious morals on the country..... States can do what they want IMHO... http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/ ... .marriage/
Lots of things wrong with that view, but I'll just bring up the reciprocity of States having to abide by the laws in another state, that why it's a Constitutional issue
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:That's part of the problem the Liberals look at terrorism as a police action and responsibility, while sensible people look at it a a military threat
Cant address all the issues - sorry - just too much to do between job submissions........

But I will say that I was talking about our police here in the states.... You know the guys that are patrolling our cities and following up on possible terrorist activities?? The front line on the war on terrorism...??
The guys that are the first responders to terrorist acts??? The guys that will rush in and stop a terrorist act if it's going down???

Let me make this clear - I am all about stopping terrorists before they get us... It makes me - yet again - sick that you would think that I am only into the "after the fact"... But chasing insurgents in Iraq is NOT going to save me at home...

I am very sensible.. I just think differently than you... Oh - wait - thats a bad thing now... To have an opinion against GWB....
Jump in line sheeples... Your in Bush country now... If you don't like it - leave.. Like Powell did..
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote:.....I didn't check out all possible sources, but I'm pretty sure we haven't been attacked again since 9/11
Unsupported codswallop. You cannot make that assertion without first proving that there's a causal relationship between the two. I could equally well say that the war on terrorism has caused the sun to continue to rise each morning....and I'd be just as full of it.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote:.....I didn't check out all possible sources, but I'm pretty sure we haven't been attacked again since 9/11
Unsupported codswallop. You cannot make that assertion without first proving that there's a causal relationship between the two. I could equally well say that the war on terrorism has caused the sun to continue to rise each morning....and I'd be just as full of it.
Awesome... codswallop... Never heard that word before... But I think I know what it means!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:On another note two battalions from the 82nd Airborne Division are deploying to provide additional security for the election.
I think were all out of soldiers to send now...
Who's next?
Us 40 somethings. Guess I should start running more. Big and bulky ain't gonna cut it...........
HEY HEY, I served my time. Get them BOYZ that missed the draft and never volunteered. :lol:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:On another note two battalions from the 82nd Airborne Division are deploying to provide additional security for the election.
Who's next?
Us 40 somethings. Guess I should start running more. Big and bulky ain't gonna cut it...........
HEY HEY, I served my time. Get them BOYZ that missed the draft and never volunteered. :lol:
Or enlisted and avoided the war by throwing keggers....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Who's next?
Say what you like, but I worked on NUKES for 7 years. You do anything?

AND, the President served at least 3 years ACTIVE DUTY on a reserve enlistment, flying JETS ! Maybe he had some fun and managed to leave early, but 3 YEARS ACTIVE doesn't sound like a reserve officer to me.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote: I think were all out of soldiers to send now...
Who's next?

AND, the President served at least 3 years ACTIVE DUTY on a reserve enlistment, flying JETS ! Maybe he had some fun and managed to leave early, but 3 YEARS ACTIVE doesn't sound like a reserve officer to me.
Doc, stop stating facts and making sense, it offends some people :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:
DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote: I think were all out of soldiers to send now...
Who's next?
Too young for any wars.... I registered when I turned 18 for selective service...

I did work at Walter Reed Army Hospital - shoring up some of their remote processes last year.. My efforts assist Army Docs with advanced technical processes while on the battlefield and quite possibly save lives... I'm pretty proud of that...

I also fed my Mom's cat when she was baby sitting in Maryland for my Brother... While he was in Iraq and his wife was working with returning soldiers ortho problems...

Not as cool as sitting in a silo... But - hey - I did what i could...
Last edited by DMC on Dec 2nd, '04, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:AND, the President served at least 3 years ACTIVE DUTY on a reserve enlistment, flying JETS !
Training jets that were never destined to fly in Vietnam coinicidently...
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constiuants - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...
It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldnt go through...
LIES LIES LIES! I tell you. Our armed forces has provided oppoortunity to many of those constituents that would have otherwise been on the street selling crack.

But when I look at the paper every morning, I see the names of people and so many of their pictures, they appear to be white guys as well.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

ski_adk wrote:And oh yeah, and in addition to being in debt up to our eyeballs to China,
the GOP-run federal govt. is trying to MAKE IT EVEN EASIER to import goods to the U.S. while simultaneously making it easier to out-source jobs to foreign nations. So basically, they've mortgaged the farm, killed the cattle, and burned the crops. So, can someone PLEASE tell me what happens when the debt collector comes calling?
But with the low Tbond, we have refinanced a lot of debet and kept the payements low.