Who's Election Is It Anyway???

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:LIES LIES LIES! I tell you. Our armed forces has provided oppoortunity to many of those constituents that would have otherwise been on the street selling crack.
Niiice....
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:LIES LIES LIES! I tell you. Our armed forces has provided oppoortunity to many of those constituents that would have otherwise been on the street selling crack.
Niiice....
I figured that a completely insensative response was required on the issue.....
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

CAPBOY wrote:
DMC wrote:
Charles Rangel - is elected representative of a primarily black area... He speaks for his constiuants - many of whom - for whatever reason - believe that the underclass is bearing the brunt of this war...... I think he mainly did it as a protest... He knew nobody would pass it...
It's just like you guys trying to change the constitution banning gay marriage... Everyone knew it wouldnt go through...
LIES LIES LIES! I tell you. Our armed forces has provided oppoortunity to many of those constituents that would have otherwise been on the street selling crack.

But when I look at the paper every morning, I see the names of people and so many of their pictures, they appear to be white guys as well.
I don't want to get all Un PC on this thing, but oh well here it goes... Having been an Infantry officer i can tell you that the demographics in the combat arms are a bit lobsided. The combat arms soldiers i.e. the infantry, armor troops... you know they guys that are kicking in doors and engaging in combat are about 80-90% caucasian, for what ever reason saw a lot more minority soldiers in the support operations. In the special operations community i noticed that the seperation was even greater
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Why do you think that is?
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:Why do you think that is?
I9 Visas?
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I don't think that you could really make a fair assesment on this one without coming out sounding like a bigot. ( I am sure you could do some sort of statistical social class analysis like Charles Murray)

I will say that the soldiers who decide to go into the infantry do it for one of two reasons:

1. They are hardcore go getter types that want to kick ass and be all you can be at the tip of the spear in the army.

2. They are really dumb and did not do well on the apptitude tests and the only other option the army would give them was to be a cook.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
I don't think that you could really make a fair assesment on this one without coming out sounding like a bigot. ( I am sure you could do some sort of statistical social class analysis like Charles Murray)

I will say that the soldiers who decide to go into the infantry do it for one of two reasons:

1. They are hardcore go getter types that want to kick ass and be all you can be at the tip of the spear in the army.

2. They are really dumb and did not do well on the apptitude tests and the only other option the army would give them was to be a cook.
Fair enough...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Pedro wrote:

But I've heard army food can kill...........

Isn't infantry the most difficult combat arm to get into? Sort of remember that impression from reading "The Long Gray Line" a few years back.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Isn't infantry the most difficult combat arm to get into? Sort of remember that impression from reading "The Long Gray Line" a few years back.
Its definately the most physically demanding, and mentally demanding for the Leaders. But its all relative.