Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

I can see it now

Post by Slap Shot »

In the year 2525
Some one will post this jive:

The Right Senate...

Did you know that in the last 500 years we've only had three left senators?

-- Slap Shot
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: I can see it now

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Slap Shot wrote:In the year 2525

The Right Senate...

-- Slap Shot
Why even give them 3? haha

Eventually the liberal party will be trivial. The new parties will be whats left when the Republican party splits up. There will be the "Conservative Right" and the "Conservative Left". Of course, we'll all be conservatives.

E
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The Right Senate...

-- Slap Shot

Eventually the liberal party will be trivial. The new parties will be whats left when the Republican party splits up. There will be the "Conservative Right" and the "Conservative Left". Of course, we'll all be conservatives.

E
wow.... scarey... I seriously doubt that will ever happen...
Eventually a moral backlash will occur..
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The Right Senate...

-- Slap Shot

E
:roll: :roll: ExtremeJibberJabber, American politics and history is a pendulum and swings both ways. Remember these immortal words from another time and keep them close, even though they were written from the left and not the right, because what goes around comes around...

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled,
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Scotty K
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Scotty K »

Bubba's correct, and you've got to love a Bob Dylan quote in this string

History proves that political power shifts like a pendulum from left to right and back again, and the US tends to have intense debates within a narrow spectrum of political thought, versus parlimentary systems in which greater representation of different views can be found and most leadership is based on creating coalitions and compromise. The GOP is in power today, but there have been times when the democrats controlled the government and people wondered what was wrong with the Republicans.

One last thought: ShortSki and DMC should just have a (non)celebrity death match because neither one is EVER going to convince the other of their viewpoints in a civil manner
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Scotty K wrote:One last thought: ShortSki and DMC should just have a (non)celebrity death match because neither one is EVER going to convince the other of their viewpoints in a civil manner
No way... I like Shortski... He's a worthy opponent... We have an understanding.. :)
DMC=hopelessly liberal
Shortski=Hopelessly conservative

And never the tween shall meet! Unless we're finally skiing and drinking together... :)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I guess being sarcastic wasn't received well in that last post of mine.

Opps haha.

Of course things swing back and forth....all I was saying is if Liberals and there fellow propaganda pushers (Moore/Rather) keep things the way they're going and organizations like 501c3'ed (maybe not anyomore) NAACP attack political officials....we'll see the republican base get stronger and conservative liberals will be pushed to our party (Zel Miller).

I think for liberals to be more successful they need to rely more on their views/morales, and show they have a back bone. Liberals that run for President and push issues they clearly voted againsted when they were in the Senate is just bad. I honestly think the election would have been closer if Howard Dean was the elected democratic running mate. At least he had a backbone and stuck to his words.

E
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Dec 3rd, '04, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dude... Speaking for most Liberals... You can keep Zell Miller...

The dudes an old scarey windbag(kinda like some people here ;) )... And I thought that before he jumped on the GWB bandwagon...

Also remember that we Libs got Moore etc... But conservatives got their own questionable wings as well.. The pendulum swings from faaaaar right to the faaaar left.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC wrote:Dude... Speaking for most Liberals... You can keep Zell Miller...

The dudes an old scarey windbag(kinda like some people here ;) )... And I thought that before he jumped on the GWB bandwagon...

Also remember that we Libs got Moore etc... But conservatives got their own questionable wings as well.. The pendulum swings from faaaaar right to the faaaar left.
Yes I agree. Sure Miller it not some amazing man, but he was just an example of what can happen.

You do have Moore, but lets be honest....who is the most "questionable wing" of ours...or most notable propaganda pusher? Limbaugh? Hannity? Glenn Beck? Schmirconish (sp.?)? Ann Coulter? None of these individuals are as known as Moore, and none of them come out with theater realeses to criticize candidates agendas.

I think if we put:

Moore v.s. Limbaugh/Hannity/Glenn Beck/Schmirconish/Ann Coulter we'd see more lies and "spins" from Moore. Just my two cents

E