Our White Senate...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Our White Senate...

Post by DMC »

Do you know that in the last 150 years we've only had 3 black Senators...?

At least Obama beat that "carpetbagger" Keyes... Funny how everyone cried carpetbagger when Hillary went to NY but nobody said BOOO when Keyes went to Illinios...

I think there may be one Hispanic guy in the Senate now too!!! Things are looking up...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... nate_obama
shortski
Site Admin

Re: Our White Senate...

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:Do you know that in the last 150 years we've only had 3 black Senators...?

At least Obama beat that "carpetbagger" Keyes... Funny how everyone cried carpetbagger when Hillary went to NY but nobody said BOOO when Keyes went to Illinios...

I think there may be one Hispanic guy in the Senate now too!!! Things are looking up...

Right wing racist conspiracy, or maybe it just reflects the voters choice, I'm going with the conspiracy theory. Hopefully this will be a point on the platform in the 2008 elections, I'd go for it.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:Do you know that in the last 150 years we've only had 3 black Senators...?

Right wing racist conspiracy, or maybe it just reflects the voters choice, I'm going with the conspiracy theory. Hopefully this will be a point on the platform in the 2008 elections, I'd go for it.
They are trying to keep the man down!
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:

Go for what...?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:

Go for what...?
Making the conspiracy aspect of why there are only 3 Blacks elected to the Senate in 150 years a central point in the Democrats platform in the 2008 National Elections, I think it would win back some seats, don't you?
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:

Go for what...?
Making the conspiracy aspect of why there are only 3 Blacks elected to the Senate in 150 years a central point in the Democrats platform in the 2008 National Elections, I think it would win back some seats, don't you?
I like the current platform - thank you very much...
Womans right to choose - No death penalty - fiscal responsibility - not jumping into wars - good health care - taxing the rich - taking care of the poor - allowing gay people to get married - not changing the constitution for purposes of morality or to get Arnold to be president - getting together with the world to fight terrorism - protecting the environment.....
You know - the usual stuff that drives conservatives insane... :)
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:
DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:

Go for what...?
I like the current platform - thank you very much...
Womans right to choose - No death penalty - fiscal responsibility - not jumping into wars - good health care - taxing the rich - taking care of the poor - allowing gay people to get married - not changing the constitution for purposes of morality or to get Arnold to be president - getting together with the world to fight terrorism - protecting the environment.....
You know - the usual stuff that drives conservatives insane... :)
I really like adding the conspiracy theory to the platform, but yours works just as well, see how well it did in the last election, hope the DNC sticks to it's guns and doesn't change, maybe the Republicans will get a 2/3 majority, then it's party all the way to the bank, I wonder if I should buy more Haliburton, what do you think?
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:I really like adding the conspiracy theory to the platform, but yours works just as well, see how well it did in the last election, hope the DNC sticks to it's guns and doesn't change, maybe the Republicans will get a 2/3 majority, then it's party all the way to the bank, I wonder if I should buy more Haliburton, what do you think?
Well - whatever - I know what I believe in... And just like GWB - I stick to my guns...

I'd say go with the Halburton stock... They will probably have their hands in the next war too - Iran....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote: I'd say go with the Halburton stock... They will probably have their hands in the next war too - Iran....
Thanks for the advice , if I hit big I'll make sure I reinvest it into double tax exempt bonds just like the Kerrys, that way I wont have to pay any taxes on the income, which by the way, is paid out of the general tax fund, take from the poor give to the rich, I like that. :wink:
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:
DMC wrote: I'd say go with the Halburton stock... They will probably have their hands in the next war too - Iran....
Thanks for the advice , if I hit big I'll make sure I reinvest it into double tax exempt bonds just like the Kerrys, that way I wont have to pay any taxes on the income, which by the way, is paid out of the general tax fund, take from the poor give to the rich, I like that. :wink:
And dont forget to reinvest you social security wisely... I'd hate to have to use my tax dollars to bail you out after bad finacial decisions... ;)

But by then - we'll probably be known as "little China" since we owe them so much $$$ - so we can let the commies take care of you...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:
And dont forget to reinvest you social security wisely... I'd hate to have to use my tax dollars to bail you out after bad finacial decisions... ;)

But by then - we'll probably be known as "little China" since we owe them so much $$$ - so we can let the commies take care of you...
Not a problem, if things go bad I'll just go back to what I was doing before becoming a Republican....Raping & Pillaging...God I so loved being a barbarian, but being a republican was just one step higher up the food chain.:wink:
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I like the way libs are moving also. They'll just continue to help more republicans get in the senate/house/presidental office.

E
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

DMC wrote:
shortski wrote:

Re-invest my SS fund? What fund? Al Gores Lock box? Hell, LBJ broke the lock on that dang box in the 60's. The government never invested a dime into the SS fund, and spent every dime in it. THERE IS NO MONEY IN SS. Can you comprehend that? The so called SS Trust Fund is nothing more than a big IOU of the National Dept. Who construed all this? Hmm, 1960's, LBJ, Ted Kennedy, Tip O'Neil and on and on and on.

Give me my money to invest. If I go broke, it is my fault. The Government obviously cannot be trusted with MY money as they have already spent it. AND, they didn't even give me addequate interest on my investment.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dr. NO wrote: Give me my money to invest. If I go broke, it is my fault. The Government obviously cannot be trusted with MY money as they have already spent it. AND, they didn't even give me addequate interest on my investment.
Agreed. But remember...liberals don't think we're wise enough to provide for ourselves or invest wisely....so they simply insist on not allowing privatized SS.

E
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Ah, but the best part is, Shortski plays this like a fine Stratovarious.

Play it again Shortski. I love the tones. :lol:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?