Bad Week for the NFL

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Bubba
Site Admin

Bad Week for the NFL

Post by Bubba »

Domestic violence, alleged child abuse, potential executive cover up....

Ray Rice elevator video and questionable explanations from Roger Goodell
Questions about why Greg Hardy of the Panthers is being allowed to play
Alleged child abuse charge for Adrian Peterson

Is it a violent game that attracts violent people?
Is it that star athletes are coddled from junior high school and learn they can get away with anything?
Are these cases the tip of the iceberg or an aberration?

Thoughts?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Bad Week for the NFL

Post by Dr. NO »

Like Hollywood, they are above the law until they get caught, and even then they feel privileged. I think these reported incidents are just the tip of the iceberg, BUT, just like good cops / bad cops, the few bad apples bring down those that are good.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Bubba wrote:Domestic violence, alleged child abuse, potential executive cover up....

Ray Rice elevator video and questionable explanations from Roger Goodell
Questions about why Greg Hardy of the Panthers is being allowed to play
Alleged child abuse charge for Adrian Peterson

Is it a violent game that attracts violent people?
Is it that star athletes are coddled from junior high school and learn they can get away with anything?
Are these cases the tip of the iceberg or an aberration?

Thoughts?
Pats line still at 3 this morning. Figured it would have gone up to 10 with AP out of the game.

Yes, bad week for the NFL indeed.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

What gets me is that all these people are pushing for Goodell to either quit or be fired.

Why?

He didn't beat anyone, rob, cheat or do anything illegal.

He is the head of a private business and his employers obviously have no plans to let him go.

In this PC world we now live in, as soon as someone does anything that is either illegal or people don't agree with, people want that person fired.

There are numerous other players in both the NFL and other sports who have either killed someone or beaten others yet they are still allowed to play or box or do whatever they do.

Either leave Goodell alone or don't watch the NFL, simple as that.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Caught a little of some feminist on CNN saying the NFL can not handle the situation it is too complicated. It's not complicated just don't hit women and don't hit your kid with a stick. It's not the 50's. A two game suspension in each case would have been fair as they will also face criminal penalties. Those who are trying to make these out to be the crimes of the century need a hobby. Seems like every week something happens that the media want to use "to have a conversation" and solve one of societies ills.

I thought there was a song called "Beat My Bitch Down" I wanted to post to mock the situation, but all I could find was "Smack My Bitch Up" which was a dumb song.

Freeski does not condone beating your bitch down or smacking your bitch up. It's just wrong.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

SnoBrdr wrote:Either leave Goodell alone or don't watch the NFL, simple as that.
+1

I suspect the ratings this weekend will be commensurate with the ratings at the same time last season. Everyone loves to talk a big game, but when it comes to boycotting you can forgettaboutit
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

:like :like :like
SnoBrdr wrote:What gets me is that all these people are pushing for Goodell to either quit or be fired.

Why?

He didn't beat anyone, rob, cheat or do anything illegal.

He is the head of a private business and his employers obviously have no plans to let him go.

In this PC world we now live in, as soon as someone does anything that is either illegal or people don't agree with, people want that person fired.

There are numerous other players in both the NFL and other sports who have either killed someone or beaten others yet they are still allowed to play or box or do whatever they do.

Either leave Goodell alone or don't watch the NFL, simple as that.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Congress could investigate NFL's handling of Ray Rice debacle, Sen. Gillibrand says

New York Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand called the league's managing of the situation 'awful,' and said NFL Commish Roger Goodell should resign if he lied about what the league knew about the footage showing Rice knocking out his then-fiancée and when it knew it.

Wait. . .

What ?

The Dems want to invade/take over EVERYTHING.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

SnoBrdr wrote:Congress could investigate NFL's handling of Ray Rice debacle, Sen. Gillibrand says

New York Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand called the league's managing of the situation 'awful,' and said NFL Commish Roger Goodell should resign if he lied about what the league knew about the footage showing Rice knocking out his then-fiancée and when it knew it.

Wait. . .

What ?

She's just mad because her colleagues think she's a porker. :arrow:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/08/ ... 409235354/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:Congress could investigate NFL's handling of Ray Rice debacle, Sen. Gillibrand says

Wait. . .

What ?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/08/ ... 409235354/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doesn't look it.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:

Wait. . .

What ?

Doesn't look it.
Do you like your women big?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:

Wait. . .

What ?

Doesn't look it.
Not at all but compared to Shaheen, she looks tiny.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:

Wait. . .

What ?

Doesn't look it.
Shaheen may not be compared to anything if Brown keeps up his momentum. Just saw a pole on CNN where they are tied.

As far as the NFL it's nice not to hear the Redskins controversy BS. So, it's not all bad.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:

Wait. . .

What ?

Doesn't look it.
Shaheen may not be compared to anything if Brown keeps up his momentum. Just saw a pole on CNN where they are tied.

As far as the NFL it's nice not to hear the Redskins controversy BS. So, it's not all bad.[/quote]

Too bad Brown comes off as a Kennedy-Clinton carpetbagger.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Elizabeth Warren did OK as a carpetbagger.......