The Catch

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Bubba
Site Admin

The Catch

Post by Bubba »

Odell Beckham's spectacular one-handed grab in last night's Dallas - Giants game. Unbelievable. Too bad the Giants lost.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: The Catch

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:Odell Beckham's spectacular one-handed grab in last night's Dallas - Giants game. Unbelievable. Too bad the Giants lost.
Still cannot figure out how he did it. He does not look like he has enough of his hand around the ball to grab it. Do his gloves have suction cups on them? :lol:
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Steiner already has an autographed picture up for sale. It came online about 15 minutes after the catch was made. I do not know how it could be autographed while Beckham was still on the sideline, but indeed, it was up for sale as an autographed photo almost immediately after the catch was made.

That being said, it was one of the greatest catches I have ever seen, but not as meaningful as the Tyree catch.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Hmm, brings to mind the Oaklands leading receiver, Balitnikopf (sp). You didn't want to shake his hand due to all the stickem he would use. With that stuff he almost NEVER dropped the ball. Someone using illegal substances?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Losing is ok ! I'm ok with losing out and drafting in the top 5 ! They need lineman on both sides of the ball as the game is won or lost in the trenches !
I agree with Jr. As sports commentators stated " that might be the greatest catch for a touchdown in the history of the NFL". But like Jr. Stated, it pales in comparison to BOTH the Tyree catch AND in my opinion the Manningham catch as both led to two Super Bowl Victories !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:Odell Beckham's spectacular one-handed grab in last night's Dallas - Giants game. Unbelievable. Too bad the Giants lost.
That's why it can't be the greates6t NFL catch of all time.

It meant nothing.

Franco Harris or Dwight Clark has the greatest catch.

Or even one of the Giant's catches in the two SBs vs New England.

If it doesn't win anything, in my opinion, it can't be the greatest.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Give 'em a break. How many receivers could make that catch, especially after being held and damn near face masked. He was pulled around, reached up under pressure and managed to one handed pulled in the ball. He not only fought off the defenders, but managed to put 2 feet on the round and stay in bounds and go into the end zone. To say it had no effect on the game is not a factor, he had a GREAT reception.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:Give 'em a break. How many receivers could make that catch, especially after being held and damn near face masked. He was pulled around, reached up under pressure and managed to one handed pulled in the ball. He not only fought off the defenders, but managed to put 2 feet on the round and stay in bounds and go into the end zone. To say it had no effect on the game is not a factor, he had a GREAT reception.
In the lexicon of the NFL it will be remembered as the game the Giants blew to the Boys with that great catch in it.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Just as much as a spectacular catch....and they won the game so IMHO this is the best catch ever. Won't be touted by the media because it's the Pats and not the F'n lousy Giants. :dislike

Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Love those gloves the receivers wear in the NFL. Wife got me a set last year to ski with but can only wear them on spring daze as they have zero insulation. Romo summed up the Giants so far this year when after the game when he said " They play much better than a 3 and 8 team for stretches". Great NFC East battle that found the Giants on the losing side again.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

SnoBrdr wrote:
That's why it can't be the greates6t NFL catch ...

+1

Even in nyfg history, that doesn't make top 10.
Tyree, Shofner, Jones and others have legit claims.
NY fans will accept anything in an attempt to be relevant in pro sports these days :banana:
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
That's why it can't be the greates6t NFL catch ...

NY fans will accept anything in an attempt to be relevant in pro sports these days :banana:
2 Superbowl Championships in the last 7 seasons is a lot more relevant than 0 Superbowl Championships in the last 11.

You're smarter than that Brownie. What else ya got?
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Give 'em a break. How many receivers could make that catch, especially after being held and damn near face masked. He was pulled around, reached up under pressure and managed to one handed pulled in the ball. He not only fought off the defenders, but managed to put 2 feet on the round and stay in bounds and go into the end zone. To say it had no effect on the game is not a factor, he had a GREAT reception.
In the lexicon of the NFL it will be remembered as the game the Giants blew to the Boys with that great catch in it.
In the lexicon of the KZone, you will be remembered as an asswipe with an opinion on everything, yet rarely contributed anything worth reading. And you throw like a girl.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

3-8 sucks no matter how ya slice it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:3-8 sucks no matter how ya slice it...
Not if you live in the past.