New England Patriots

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

Re: New England Patriots

Post by freeski »

SnoBrdr wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:The cover up is well underway. The Patriots must have learned a lot over the years from being in one of the most corrupt states and cities in the country. This is the Boston Massachusetts mentality. Is there another state or city with such a long history of scandals, lying and cheating happening all the time: with so many politicians and public figures in jail? The Pats are just doing what they do in one of the most liberal states in the country: cheat-lie-cover up.
Uhm, ever been to NYC ?

Give it a rest.
Chicago comes to mind, but NY is catching up fast. I'd rather have my athletes try to gain an unfair advantage than corrupt politicians. It would almost be better for the NFL to find video of a ball boy doctoring the balls at this point. If not it will go on forever...Can't believe with all going wrong in the world mainstream media is giving this so much attention. Well, yes I can.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Now why would I ever wish to get rid of you Barry?soetero?

You're the single most entertaining character on the internet. Highwaystar is boring in comparison.

You'd never let me know who you really are? Yup, paranoid Rob Lowe was the right projection by me.

Why so scared hiding behind the computer screen lil fella? I've met and skied with several people from this forum. They can all vouch I'm harmless. Why don't you ski with anyone else from here then? Do they all scare you like I do? poor baby

....and if you don't care what I post Barry, then don't respond to me. pretty simple; though self control has never really been your strong suit.
says the guy who has claimed to have me on "block" for months yet replies to nearly every post I make...

I'm gonna guess the majority of people who post here don;t ski w the majority of the rest, as evidenced by the attendance at the ten... I know a few Kzoners on a very casual basis, as in we know who each other are, and say hi when we cross paths, seem like decent guys to me, I already have my own people I ski, bike and sled with... apparently you need their validation, I don't...

I've actually considered stopping in when I see the bay 1 thing going on ( I only ski K in spring really) but after some of the threats I've had made towards me here, why would I want to do that? I still wave when I ski by... I see the vindictive way left wingers act when they disagree, occupy, WTO protests, furguson etc... I simply don;t see the benefit showing up at bay 1, though I did attend one BBQ many many years back...pretty sure bubba had a brand new suitcase type grill that day, pork products galore, the dis was there, snorider was there, snowymorning and shortski were there too...met bigbob once at a zoners house as well...Met the dorks at BMMC, very nice people...in fact they all seemed like good people to me... I looked for spanky to save me a seat at pico yesterday but he didn't... :?c
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:The cover up is well underway. The Patriots must have learned a lot over the years from being in one of the most corrupt states and cities in the country. This is the Boston Massachusetts mentality. Is there another state or city with such a long history of scandals, lying and cheating happening all the time: with so many politicians and public figures in jail? The Pats are just doing what they do in one of the most liberal states in the country: cheat-lie-cover up.
Illinois?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Ok so you're paranoid Barry. Got it. Moving on. Most suck living in fear
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Ok so you're paranoid Barry. Got it. Moving on. Most suck living in fear
yeah either that or I see no draw... you seem to feel as though I need your validation, whereas I could give a F@ck...gettin ready to head out back country skiing, wanna come?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Happy to make turns at K next time I'm in the area. Probably April
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Happy to make turns at K next time I'm in the area. Probably April
if they sell a spring pass I'll be there, if you can pick me out, we can make some turns...though I usually like to straightline them bumps come april... :D
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

No need to play hide and seek. I'll send you my cell number. Let's rip some bumps buddy
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I didn't think this thread would result in a ski-off. :D
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

freeski wrote:I didn't think this thread would result in a ski-off. :D
Lets see if they have the "balls" to try it! :Toast :mrgreen:
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I'd be honored to ski with someone who believes himself to be so utterly brilliant and above everyone else. Did you hear he retired at 32 years old? Rhodes scholar. Invented a processor for Intel or something.

I'll be at Killington at least one Saturday or Sunday late April. Won't be skiing much this spring due to the soon to arrive newborn. However, my balls are fully inflated and ready to go. :Toast

ole' Barry's aren't though. He fears for his safety, so he won't ski with me or any other Kzoners. He wants to talk, talk, talk all day long on here with everyone, but can't bring himself to hang in person. Internet only.

No one will ever get to enjoy his brilliance in person. :(
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

You two can follow me down the cornice on Jump at A-basin anytime ....

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Would love to. Haven't been to Abasin since Montezuma was opened. Last time there I had a local take me out to the Beavers. I hear they're looking to put it on the map.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The NFL is a joke if they're not going to announce anything until after the Super Bowl.
Tom Brady: Haven't talked to NFL
Updated: January 26, 2015, 2:39 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

In an interview with Chris Berman, Tom Brady disclosed that he hasn't yet spoken to NFL investigators regarding the allegations of the Patriots using underinflated footballs in New England's playoff victory against the Colts.

Tom Brady told ESPN on Sunday that he hasn't yet spoken to NFL investigators regarding the allegations of the New England Patriots using underinflated footballs in the first half of the AFC Championship Game and expects that to happen after the season is completed.

The Patriots quarterback made his comments in an interview with ESPN's Chris Berman that aired during halftime of Sunday night's Pro Bowl, which was televised by ESPN.

Tom Brady told ESPN he hasn't yet spoken to NFL investigators regarding the allegations of the Patriots using underinflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game.
"No, no. I believe they're going to do after the season, so we'll deal with it after this game," Brady said when asked if he had been contacted personally about the underinflated footballs.

"I think everybody's locked in, ready to go for this Super Bowl. It's a great opportunity for us, you know, and our guys have worked really hard so, hopefully we can go out there and play our best on Sunday."

Brady was asked if the investigation has affected the team's preparation in any way.

"I certainly hope not. I think we're a pretty mentally tough team, and I think we've dealt with other things in the past," Brady said. "I think coach [Bill Belichick] has always said 'ignore the noise' and we have to focus on the task at hand, which is a great Seahawks team. I'm excited to play in another Super Bowl. You don't get many of these opportunities in your life. ... We finished our last practice [Sunday] here in Foxborough and we head out [Monday] to Phoenix, so it will be good to get there and get into the week. I think we feel good about where we're at."

Brady was also complimentary of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, saying he is "like Barry Sanders back there, but he can throw."

In a news conference on Thursday that lasted a little more than 30 minutes, Brady detailed how he selected 24 footballs for referees to inspect before Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts and said he "didn't alter the ball in any way."

The NFL found that 11 of the Patriots' 12 game balls from their 45-7 win over the Colts were inflated significantly below the NFL's requirements, league sources involved and familiar with the investigation of Sunday's game told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The NFL on Friday released a statement on their investigation, saying they had conducted nearly 40 interviews to that point. Patriots wide receiver Matthew Slater said Saturday that the NFL Players Association has advised Patriots players not to discuss the ongoing investigation.

Also on Saturday, Belichick detailed the organization's preparation process and suggested that weather conditions may have affected the air pressure in the footballs. The longtime Patriots coach emotionally defended his team, saying, "We did everything as right as we can do it."
I think Sherman hit the nail on the head.
Sherman: Pats won't be punished
Updated: January 26, 2015, 6:43 AM ET
By Josh Weinfuss | ESPN.com

PHOENIX -- A picture may be worth a thousand words, but Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman believes one photo in particular may be worth more.

Sherman doesn't think the NFL will discipline the New England Patriots if they're found to have adjusted the air pressure in 11 footballs prior to last Sunday's AFC Championship Game, because of the relationship between commissioner Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

On Sunday, during the first Super Bowl media availability at the Arizona Grand Resort, he cited a photograph that included Goodell and Kraft from a party at Kraft's house the night before the AFC Championship Game. The Patriots posted the photo to their official Twitter account.

"Will they be punished? Probably not," Sherman said. "Not as long as Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell are still taking pictures at their respective homes.

"You talk about conflict of interest. As long as that happens, it won't affect them at all. Nothing will stop them."

Sherman doesn't think there's much of a difference between the perception of the Patriots and the reality of how close they get to toeing the line on the rules.

"Their résumé speaks for itself," Sherman said. "You talk about getting close to the line, this and that. I don't really have a comment about that. Their past is what their past is. Their present is what their present is."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:I'd be honored to ski with someone who believes himself to be so utterly brilliant and above everyone else. Did you hear he retired at 32 years old? Rhodes scholar. Invented a processor for Intel or something.

I'll be at Killington at least one Saturday or Sunday late April. Won't be skiing much this spring due to the soon to arrive newborn. However, my balls are fully inflated and ready to go. :Toast

ole' Barry's aren't though. He fears for his safety, so he won't ski with me or any other Kzoners. He wants to talk, talk, talk all day long on here with everyone, but can't bring himself to hang in person. Internet only.

No one will ever get to enjoy his brilliance in person. :(
yer such a sarcastic douche I have zero interest in skiing with you...I never said I was a zillionaire, or anything of the sort, I've simply always lived within my means, invested wisely and planned ahead...it has paid off too...only thing I'd really change is I'd have built half the house and twice the garage....scratch that, 10 times the garage....
mach es sehr schnell