38%
Too early to tell
23%

Total votes: 26

skatecow45
Blue Chatterbox

patriots

Post by skatecow45 »

so are the pats going to win it again???
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: patriots

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

skatecow45 wrote:so are the pats going to win it again???
Not if the Eagles have anything to say about it....
shortski
Site Admin

Re: patriots

Post by shortski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
skatecow45 wrote:so are the pats going to win it again???
Not if the Eagles have anything to say about it....
I hope your not talking about the always a bridesmaid never a bride Philadelphia EaglesImage :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

It has to be our turn someday. And someday is now! Go Eagles!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Pats won't make it to the Super Bowl
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

8) 8) No jinxing here!!! . . . that would be like saying . . . ."This is our year!!!" all summer long - just not going to do it!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

Go Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!!!!!!
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Too early to tell...
4 Weeks left...
Probably win the division though,

As many accused the Jets of having a cakewalk schedule early on, they have it and have had it.

Parity is everywhere.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

CAPBOY wrote:Too early to tell...
4 Weeks left...

As many accused the Jets of having a cakewalk schedule early on, they have it and have had it.

Parity is everywhere.
The final 4 for the Jets ain't no cakewalk.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

If the Pats win out and Pittsburgh loses home field advantage, I think New England has the best shot at winning the Super Bowl since they've been there before and have a better team this year than last year. If Pittsburgh wins out, I don't think anybody is going to beat them at home in the playoffs.

Personally, I'm pulling for Buffalo to make the final wildcard slot. They'd have to win out and beat Pittsburgh in their last game to do so. I see Denver and Baltimore choking and finishing 9-7. Three AFC-east teams in the playoffs! Both the Jets and the Bills have a pretty good shot of winning road games against Indy and San Diego. Good defenses and strong running games.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Geoff wrote:If the Pats win out and Pittsburgh loses home field advantage, I think New England has the best shot at winning the Super Bowl since they've been there before and have a better team this year than last year. If Pittsburgh wins out, I don't think anybody is going to beat them at home in the playoffs.

Personally, I'm pulling for Buffalo to make the final wildcard slot. They'd have to win out and beat Pittsburgh in their last game to do so. I see Denver and Baltimore choking and finishing 9-7. Three AFC-east teams in the playoffs! Both the Jets and the Bills have a pretty good shot of winning road games against Indy and San Diego. Good defenses and strong running games.
Indy is going to be tough to beat
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

SkiDork wrote:
4 Weeks left...

Parity is everywhere.
8) 8)Can't wait for that December 26th game :P :P :P
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

SkiDork wrote:
4 Weeks left...

Parity is everywhere.
As long as they maintain the focus that they have had all year...1 game at a time. Don't even think about the P word. Anything is possible.

Realistically, If pennington slides and sowell holds on to the ball, this would have been an 11-1 team. You are what you are, but it shows just how a little luck can be the difference between the Pats and the Jets. It is not as vast as Geoff would like to believe.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

CAPBOY wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
4 Weeks left...

Parity is everywhere.
As long as they maintain the focus that they have had all year...1 game at a time. Don't even think about the P word. Anything is possible.

Realistically, If pennington slides and sowell holds on to the ball, this would have been an 11-1 team. You are what you are, but it shows just how a little luck can be the difference between the Pats and the Jets. It is not as vast as Geoff would like to believe.
The Jets will do well because the D is peaking right now. Thats what they need against the good teams.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

SkiDork wrote: The Jets will do well because the D is peaking right now. Thats what they need against the good teams.
You want your D to peak right when you get to the playoffs, not peak to get them there. With the powerhouse teams in the playoffs you don't want a tired D.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

With Abe out a couple of weeks, I can't say they are at their peak. But they are consistant and they are getting more out of their secondary. When they get Abe and Hobson back, I will feel like they have a chance of peaking.

But really, what they have done is what the pats have done. Everytime someone gets hurt, they are able to sub in someone that plays the role. Last 2 weeks BThomas is in there for ellis and abe. Vilma for Cowart. Brown for Hobson. Lots of others. The system is working. There is enough talent to go around and be consistent. There are no glaring weak spots like last year (slo mo and marv).