New England Patriots

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

New England Patriots

Post by freeski »

Well they have won the east again. They have a solid running game and Brady is playing well. On a good day they can beat anyone. How far will they go?
th[2].jpg
th[2].jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: New England Patriots

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:Well they have won the east again. They have a solid running game and Brady is playing well. On a good day they can beat anyone. How far will they go?
th[2].jpg
Oh oh oh! I know, I know! Further than the Eagles?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Well they have won the east again. They have a solid running game and Brady is playing well. On a good day they can beat anyone. How far will they go?
th[2].jpg
Winning the East is basically a joke.

They win it on Opening Day it seems while all the other teams self destruct.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

At 11-3 they are at least competitive. Just keeping my fingers crossed they can get by the Jets this week. Should be a good game. :zzz :zzz :zzz
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

freeski wrote:At 11-3 they are at least competitive. Just keeping my fingers crossed they can get by the Jets this week. Should be a good game. :zzz :zzz :zzz
Lemme know when they win the big one again. Been what, 11 years? Shame shame shame.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

junior wrote:
freeski wrote:At 11-3 they are at least competitive. Just keeping my fingers crossed they can get by the Jets this week. Should be a good game. :zzz :zzz :zzz
Lemme know when they win the big one again. Been what, 11 years? Shame shame shame.
Not sure about that. Winning is important, but for me the most important thing for a football team is to be geographically honest. For example, they are called the New England Patriots so they should play their home games in New England. I don't care if they steal information, take PEDs or beat the cheerleaders, as long as they are true to their name I can support them.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:
junior wrote:
Not sure about that. Winning is important, but for me the most important thing for a football team is to be geographically honest. For example, they are called the New England Patriots so they should play their home games in New England. I don't care if they steal information, take PEDs or beat the cheerleaders, as long as they are true to their name I can support them.
Don't waste your time, you are answering both a troll and a fool.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

freeski wrote:
junior wrote:
According to that theory, the Patriots should be playing in all 5 New England states, not just Mass, yes?

Wouldn't that make them "untrue" to their name?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

The New England Redsox, Bruins and Celtics somehow doesn't ring true either.
By that measure New England has more titles this century than all of Gotham.

... 'Glendale train' playing in the background ...

Looking forward to Boston Patriots visiting the Meadow-swamp !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
th[2].jpg
Oh oh oh! I know, I know! Further than the Eagles?
The Eagles are the only team I go out of my way to watch beside the Pats. Chip Kelly's Magic may be wearing a little thin now that the league has seen what he does and has had time to adjust. Still exciting to watch. How far will they go, not sure, but they can beat anyone on any day. They just can't do it as often as the Pats.

I hope the Pats show up to play this week. In my X-mas card to Kraft I asked him to build more stadiums in NE.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

...apparently, UNH doesn't need Chip Kelly to compete deep into the NCAA 1-A tourney.
Wildcats can beat Larry Bird's alma mater ... seeking revenge on that pro team from Dakota.

Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:The New England Redsox, Bruins and Celtics somehow doesn't ring true either.
By that measure New England has more titles this century than all of Gotham.

... 'Glendale train' playing in the background ...

Looking forward to Boston Patriots visiting the Meadow-swamp !

How about the last 100 years? Isn't that what a century is?

As long as your being VERY specific about titles/years, how about the last decade?. NYC or the entire 5 state area known as New England?

How about 2007 to 2011? How about 1919 to 2014?

Statistics don't lie. Statisticians, they lie. Statistics don't.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Suggest you check in with patrol there to be monitored for AMS :shock:
This is 2011 ... YA Tittle, Mickey Mantle and yes, even Gretzky have left the building.

We'll accept looking at this century's Championships of the 4 New England Pro teams to your assorted 9 team Metro NY mediocrity.

You're looking back ... then forward at full reconstructive surgery and incessant sobbing.

We're looking ahead to Foxboro/Foxboro/Glendale 8)
Yes, facts are stubborn things.

Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Suggest you check in with patrol there to be monitored for AMS :shock:
This is 2011 ... YA Tittle, Mickey Mantle and yes, even Gretzky have left the building.

We'll accept looking at this century's Championships of the 4 New England Pro teams to your assorted 9 team Metro NY mediocrity.

You're looking back ... then forward at full reconstructive surgery and incessant sobbing.

We're looking ahead to Foxboro/Foxboro/Glendale 8)
Yes, facts are stubborn things.

Yep, just what I thought.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet (and a big thank you to our valued sports historian Brownie for bringing it to our attention), the world began in 2000. Nothing existed before that year. Typical Boston sports fan.

So riddle me this Mr. Brownie, what does this add up to? (Of course since 2000):

Yankees 2 World Championships + NY Football Giants 2 Super bowl Championships + Devils 2 Stanley Cup Championships = ?

BTW, you brought up that NYC has 9 pro sports teams. You may wanna give back that Doc No School of Mathematics diploma.

There are only 7 NYC sports teams, even though the 2 football teams play a whopping 3 miles from Manhattan.

The NY Giants. The NY Jets. The NY Rangers. The NY Knickerbockers. The NY Nets. The NY Yankees. The NY Mets.

Buffalo, Newark, and Uniondale are not parts of NYC.

No go ahead, take your time, consult your buddy SnoBrdr, and come back at me with something good. I'll check the board again in the morning.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

What's AMS? Does it come from edibles? The Patriots, Bruins and Red Sox have each won a championship lately. Not sure about the Celtics, I won't watch them until they get rid of Tom Heinsohn.