New England Patriots

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

Re: New England Patriots

Post by freeski »

brownman wrote:Long slog into Town this morning. :like
Crowd was Spectacular on City Hall Plaza!
Seemed the only guy missing was Mayor Menino.

Hoisting pints now at the Fours .. never gets old. :wink:

:Toast :Toast
The Fours is one of my old haunts. Now I only hit it after Sox games.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:Long slog into Town this morning. :like
Crowd was Spectacular on City Hall Plaza!
Seemed the only guy missing was Mayor Menino.

Hoisting pints now at the Fours .. never gets old. :wink:

:Toast :Toast
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02 ... ry-parade/
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Law enforcement contingent in Town was highly visible. :like
Patriotic Unity was Sensational .. Tri-corner chapeaus were in vogue .. but no muskets. 8)
City Sanitation has an impossible task with saturated ticker-tape cleanup. :shock:

Vegas .. already calling for a Sam Adams Six Pack. :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Tom Brady reveals Gisele Bundchen asked him to retire THREE TIMES the night of Super Bowl win... but he is 'having too much fun'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... TIMES.html
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Nice read for Pats, I mean Super Bowl LI Champion New England Patriots fans:

Suspended Disbelief: Tom Brady seals status as greatest QB ever in Super Bowl LI
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

So , congratulations to the Pats and their fans and yes I believe Brady and Belichek go down as the THe BEST EVER to have played the game BUT that Super Bowl has to go down as the Biggest CHOKE in the history of the NFL. Go back and look at the game clock with 8 minutes to go and up two td's and you're 3rd and 1 on the 34 yard line ! You run the ball and the clock and kick the field goal! Not get sacked and fumble lol , then again next possession Atlanta is on the N.E. 28 yard line and again they try to throw twice and get a 15 yard holding penalty to get knocked out of FG range and another turnover ... instead of running the ball , burning the clock and forcing NE to use its time outs and take the field goal! Frankly I haven't seen a collapse or miraculous ending like that in sports since the 2004 Yankees or in Politics , the Hillary vs. Trump election! Let's see if 2017 is the year for miraculous finishes in MLB and NHL to match !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:So , congratulations to the Pats and their fans and yes I believe Brady and Belichek go down as the THe BEST EVER to have played the game BUT that Super Bowl has to go down as the Biggest CHOKE in the history of the NFL. Go back and look at the game clock with 8 minutes to go and up two td's and you're 3rd and 1 on the 34 yard line ! You run the ball and the clock and kick the field goal! Not get sacked and fumble lol , then again next possession Atlanta is on the N.E. 28 yard line and again they try to throw twice and get a 15 yard holding penalty to get knocked out of FG range and another turnover ... instead of running the ball , burning the clock and forcing NE to use its time outs and take the field goal! Frankly I haven't seen a collapse or miraculous ending like that in sports since the 2004 Yankees or in Politics , the Hillary vs. Trump election! Let's see if 2017 is the year for miraculous finishes in MLB and NHL to match !
You still have to take advantage of the "choke".
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Atomic1 wrote:So , congratulations to the Pats and their fans and yes I believe Brady and Belichek go down as the THe BEST EVER to have played the game BUT that Super Bowl has to go down as the Biggest CHOKE in the history of the NFL. Go back and look at the game clock with 8 minutes to go and up two td's and you're 3rd and 1 on the 34 yard line ! You run the ball and the clock and kick the field goal! Not get sacked and fumble lol , then again next possession Atlanta is on the N.E. 28 yard line and again they try to throw twice and get a 15 yard holding penalty to get knocked out of FG range and another turnover ... instead of running the ball , burning the clock and forcing NE to use its time outs and take the field goal! Frankly I haven't seen a collapse or miraculous ending like that in sports since the 2004 Yankees or in Politics , the Hillary vs. Trump election! Let's see if 2017 is the year for miraculous finishes in MLB and NHL to match !
Thank you Arnold Dean. :wink:
No other analysis has centered on that theory. :roll:

Expected your angle on this would be a little different .. along the lines of ..
It's a natural progression .. Cheater to Thief. :twisted:

We're more inclined to go with ..
Divine intervention/Alignment of the Planets/Perfect Storm/Carpe Diem.

Hoping your coach and team figure out how to get to Minnesota. :wink:

Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

The Patriots are the only team to win a Super Bowl without kicking an extra point.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:The Patriots are the only team to win a Super Bowl without kicking an extra point.
they did try...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

The Patriots won that game despite NEVER leading. Not even for one second. This can be said as the instant they scored the winning TD, the game was over.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

I was in the stadium and was thining the same thing. This takes nothing away from the Pats win. The coaches for ATL lost the game. A field goal at either point would have sealed the game.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

NY Fans need a championship. Very Sad Indeed.

The lens of hindsight is always clear. :roll:
Shoulda Coulda Woulda didn't happen.
The Greatest Comeback in SB history did.

'So it shall be written .. so it shall be done' - Yul Brynner

Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Brady won't retire until he beats the Giants in a Super Bowl ! So ..... Brady won't retire until he beats the Giants in a Super Bowl ! So .....back to the game ,Atlanta could of taken a knee 3 times twice and kicked two chip shot field goals, ran the clock and forced NE to use their time outs . Atlanta's OFFENSE Co-Ordinator should be fired but instead he's heading to the Niners to be the head coach!
Now that the dust has settled I'm just pointing out how the Pats were able to win but like I said from the start Brady and Belichick will go down as the best ever and after their last 2 Super Bowl wins they're also the luckiest ever ! Remember the last one vs. the Seahawks was first and goal on the one foot line and they also threw an INTERCEPTION ! Unbelievable
Last edited by Atomic1 on Feb 8th, '17, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Won't happen until a Giant coach learns how to apply the discipline required to win a single playoff game. :lol:
Rest assured .. Minnesota will not be the venue.

Good Coaching in the NFL consists of 1 guy and a list of wanna-be's.

Last edited by brownman on Feb 8th, '17, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Forever .. Goat Path