Red Sox 2016, 2017

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: Red Sox 2016, 2017

Post by brownman »

Can Judge field ground balls or throw strikes when it counts .. cuz NY could sure use help in those areas.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:It's too quiet in here so ; ... In my opinion Yankee rookie Judge would have a hard time fitting in the Red Sox outfield where the Sox have 2 All-Stars from last season in Betts and Bradley and another kid in Bentendi who might be a better fielder than Judge and does it all with the bat except he's not the home run hitter Judge is . So I think Judge would play first base in Boston and I'd even bet he eventually plays First base in NY , it's just a matter of time!
He'd obviously be a DH.

Does he deserve MVP consideration if the EE fails to make the post season.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Then there is this rumor floating about;
MLB trade rumors 2017: Alex Rodriguez poses Red Sox blockbuster for Miguel Cabrera !
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Tonight's the night... start of a long winning streak. I feel it in my bones. :banana: :mrgreen: 8) :seeya
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Tonight's the night... start of a long winning streak. I feel it in my bones. :banana: :mrgreen: 8) :seeya
Bogarts out, MRI scheduled on hand.

EE game is on ESPN at 8.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Liverpool is apparently sucking all JHenry's Sox money. :sad:
Hanley is a creampuff.

Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:Liverpool is apparently sucking all JHenry's Sox money. :sad:
Hanley is a creampuff.

Nice Hanley walkoff tho.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

So the Yanks went out and spent the jingle as usual and made themselves a better team . They also got exactly what the Red Sox needed so it will be interesting to see how much the Sox spend to keep pace and maybe the Sox actually outspend the Yanks and bring in a Donaldson or Cabrera because this Red Sox team lacks that big bat in the lineup and lacks a dominant bridge to the closer .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:So the Yanks went out and spent the jingle as usual and made themselves a better team . They also got exactly what the Red Sox needed so it will be interesting to see how much the Sox spend to keep pace and maybe the Sox actually outspend the Yanks and bring in a Donaldson or Cabrera because this Red Sox team lacks that big bat in the lineup and lacks a dominant bridge to the closer .
What games are you watching?

Barnes is a very good 7/8th inning guy.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Lowest team ERA in AL :like
Keep riding the starters.
Porcello included :sad:

Don't need Cabrera.
Henry is tax averse.

Barnes may be the best to come out of CT.
( other than I-95 ..)

Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:So the Yanks went out and spent the jingle as usual and made themselves a better team . They also got exactly what the Red Sox needed so it will be interesting to see how much the Sox spend to keep pace and maybe the Sox actually outspend the Yanks and bring in a Donaldson or Cabrera because this Red Sox team lacks that big bat in the lineup and lacks a dominant bridge to the closer .

You need more than one guy to build the bridge ! It's usually 1 guy for the 7th and 1 for the 8th inning ! And you need that big bat that hits 40 HRs and 100 RBI's for the season at either of the corners batting 3rd in the lineup!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

You need more than one guy to build the bridge ! It's usually 1 guy for the 7th and 1 for the 8th inning ! And you need that big bat that hits 40 HRs and 100 RBI's for the season at either of the corners batting 3rd in the lineup!
They have plenty of guys to bridge to the 9th.

The bat is a totally different story.

Funny thing is, I can easily remember when the Sox were constantly criticized for playing for the three run homer.

How the worm has turned.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

So being that I was always the one to bring up all the bad moves and trades the rival Yanks made over the years let me take a moment to revisit getting rid of Travis Shaw at 3rd base and spending a fortune on Pablo Panda Sandalvo or whatever his name is. Shaw is currently battling .295 with 21 homers and a .929 OPS. The latter two stats would lead the Red Sox this season and this kid was playing for the minimum money last season! Frankly he's one of the reasons the Brewers are where they are this season and that's being on top ! So now the Sox have to probably give up more of their good young talent down on the farm to rent a 3rd baseman with a big bat until the kid Devers is ready to advance. They used their other 3rd base prospect to get Sale which is understandable but other than moving Mookie Betts back to the infield from where he originated and go after an outfielder with a big bat this team will continue to struggle to put runs on the board until they find someone with " Travis Shaw like numbers " ! :bang
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:So being that I was always the one to bring up all the bad moves and trades the rival Yanks made over the years let me take a moment to revisit getting rid of Travis Shaw at 3rd base and spending a fortune on Pablo Panda Sandalvo or whatever his name is. Shaw is currently battling .295 with 21 homers and a .929 OPS. The latter two stats would lead the Red Sox this season and this kid was playing for the minimum money last season! Frankly he's one of the reasons the Brewers are where they are this season and that's being on top ! So now the Sox have to probably give up more of their good young talent down on the farm to rent a 3rd baseman with a big bat until the kid Devers is ready to advance. They used their other 3rd base prospect to get Sale which is understandable but other than moving Mookie Betts back to the infield from where he originated and go after an outfielder with a big bat this team will continue to struggle to put runs on the board until they find someone with " Travis Shaw like numbers " ! :bang
Hindsight is always 20-20 and you prove it with Shaw.

He hit 242 with 16 hr and 71 RBIs in 480 ABs last year.

Hardly great numbers.

His WAR was .08, legally drunk in most states but hardly a great number on the field.

You continually are reactive and not proactive.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Yea, don't get the point of even bringing that up Atomic :?