Yankees Opener

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: Yankees Opener

Post by brownman »

Actually ... only possibility of Chapman in NY would be to face Mets.
.. of course, he'd likely bring a new girlfriend and some firearms.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Yanks see the writing on the wall ! Clean house and rebuild ! I found it interesting that The only homegrown position player they've developed since 2008 is Brett Gardner. No offense to Gardner, who is a gamer, but he ain't exactly the second coming of Joe DiMaggio...or Bernie Williams for that matter but they are wheeling and dealing and stocking up on young kids so that they can compete with good young teams in the division like the Red Sox who are loaded with young talent .
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:Yanks see the writing on the wall ! Clean house and rebuild ! I found it interesting that The only homegrown position player they've developed since 2008 is Brett Gardner. No offense to Gardner, who is a gamer, but he ain't exactly the second coming of Joe DiMaggio...or Bernie Williams for that matter but they are wheeling and dealing and stocking up on young kids so that they can compete with good young teams in the division like the Red Sox who are loaded with young talent .
Yanks are finally doing the right thing. They will be great again in a season or two, and they will have a ton of $$ to spend on free agents to compliment the young kids that will be filling up the roster.

I just wish they had done this a few years ago. Those big salaries will all be gone by end of next season, so lookout MLB, the Yanks are poised for another 20 year run. Just gonna take a season or two to get the team/roster staffed right.

One step back to take two forward. Shoulda been done after the 2013 season ended.

Oh well. I guess I can look at those 27 Trophies over the next season or so to get me through. Small price to pay.

BTW, why has slobrdr been picking on you lately? You piss him off or something? (Don't feel too bad. She doesn't like anybody. It's not just you.)
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Yanks see the writing on the wall ! Clean house and rebuild ! I found it interesting that The only homegrown position player they've developed since 2008 is Brett Gardner. No offense to Gardner, who is a gamer, but he ain't exactly the second coming of Joe DiMaggio...or Bernie Williams for that matter but they are wheeling and dealing and stocking up on young kids so that they can compete with good young teams in the division like the Red Sox who are loaded with young talent .
Yanks are finally doing the right thing. They will be great again in a season or two, and they will have a ton of $$ to spend on free agents to compliment the young kids that will be filling up the roster.

I just wish they had done this a few years ago. Those big salaries will all be gone by end of next season, so lookout MLB, the Yanks are poised for another 20 year run. Just gonna take a season or two to get the team/roster staffed right.

One step back to take two forward. Shoulda been done after the 2013 season ended.

Oh well. I guess I can look at those 27 Trophies over the next season or so to get me through. Small price to pay.

BTW, why has slobrdr been picking on you lately? You piss him off or something? (Don't feel too bad. She doesn't like anybody. It's not just you.)

I don't think you'll ever see that type of 20 yr. dominance again because every organization has new owners, new G.M.s, managers etc... The Red Sox organization for example has a new owner and is run totally different from back in the Tom Yawkey days and the architect of the Yankees in the 90's Buck Showalter is building a perennial contender in Baltimore . As for slobrdr , I don't think he's picking on me , if so I haven't noticed , he just has different views which is fine. For example the MLB trade deadline , I said Red Sox stood PAT because to me all those little moves over the past month were not the same as the BIG blockbuster trade at the deadline but in reality he's also correct because the Red Sox made some moves over the past few weeks and filled some voids. Anyway BACK to BACK 9th inning dramatic victories on the West coast has shown that this Red Sox team is for real ! ok , SO LETS GET BACK TO THE YANKEES......
Gardner trying for the inside the park HR instead of standing on 3rd with no outs was stupid ! Thankfully for Yankee fans they still pulled it out.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Don't ya just love those who live in the ancient past.

Most of those championships were won before a lot of people were born.

Including the momo.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:Don't ya just love those who live in the ancient past.

2009 is not the ancient past. Just cause you're old and feeble doesn't mean everyone else here is.

Most of those championships were won before a lot of people were born.

Brilliant!! Anyone born after 2009 was not alive since the Yankees last won it all. Brilliant!! Dumbass.

Including the momo.

Sad, so sad...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

I don't think you'll ever see that type of 20 yr. dominance again because every organization has new owners, new G.M.s, managers etc... The Red Sox organization for example has a new owner and is run totally different from back in the Tom Yawkey days and the architect of the Yankees in the 90's Buck Showalter is building a perennial contender in Baltimore . As for slobrdr , I don't think he's picking on me , if so I haven't noticed , he just has different views which is fine. For example the MLB trade deadline , I said Red Sox stood PAT because to me all those little moves over the past month were not the same as the BIG blockbuster trade at the deadline but in reality he's also correct because the Red Sox made some moves over the past few weeks and filled some voids. Anyway BACK to BACK 9th inning dramatic victories on the West coast has shown that this Red Sox team is for real ! ok , SO LETS GET BACK TO THE YANKEES......
Gardner trying for the inside the park HR instead of standing on 3rd with no outs was stupid ! Thankfully for Yankee fans they still pulled it out.
I think most people would say that Gene Michael was the architect, not Buck. Buck was a good manager but Michael was the GM, i.e. designer and builder.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

I think most people would say that Gene Michael was the architect, not Buck. Buck was a good manager but Michael was the GM, i.e. designer and builder.
True. Stick gets my vote as well.

Much harder to build a team and leave at the wrong time than not build the team and arrive at the right time. Ask Cash how lucky he was to inherit that gift.

Stick for sure. Those guys never get the credit for the titles. Been a prevalent trait throughout MLB history.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Teixeira .. try being a man. :roll:
It's not like you did anything after year 1. :lol:
What a loser .. pitiful.

Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:Teixeira .. try being a man. :roll:
What a loser .. pitiful.

ESPN is pushing him for HoF.

He just doesn't have the stats but that has never stopped EE players from getting in.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

SnoBrdr wrote:
brownman wrote:Teixeira .. try being a man. :roll:
What a loser .. pitiful.

ESPN is pushing him for HoF.

He just doesn't have the stats but that has never stopped EE players from getting in.
ESPN is wrong about everything. That's why I boycott them (a lot of other people do also). I'll give Teixeira credit for one thing, his face always looks like he's pooping.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

EE has a A-Roid presser set for 11 AM today.

Will they release him.

He has said he won't give back any $$.

Apparently the EE does not want him to tie/break Ruth's home run record.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:EE has a A-Roid presser set for 11 AM today.

Will they release him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/sport ... &smtyp=cur" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Yankees on Sunday announced that Alex Rodriguez would retire after Friday’s game at Yankee Stadium against the Tampa Bay Rays. Rodriguez will then sign a contract to serve as a special adviser and instructor with the Yankees through 2017, the team said.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:EE has a A-Roid presser set for 11 AM today.

Will they release him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/sport ... &smtyp=cur" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Yankees on Sunday announced that Alex Rodriguez would retire after Friday’s game at Yankee Stadium against the Tampa Bay Rays. Rodriguez will then sign a contract to serve as a special adviser and instructor with the Yankees through 2017, the team said.
Sio he still gets his cash and the EE gets a work around with a salary hit.

Hope MLB takes a look at this arrangement.

But since they are based in NYC, Torre is a big part of the Commissioner's office and MLB wanted A-Roid OFF the field, they probably won't.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

All this bombing they're doing in the Bronx is leaving a massive crater.
Gonna be one long road back from oblivion :lol:

Forever .. Goat Path