Call for NFL players/coaches to take a knee-AFTER the anthem

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Call for NFL players/coaches to take a knee-AFTER the anthem

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I call for NFL players-coaches-personnel (the fans can remain standing or kneel) to take a knee for 30 seconds of prayer or silence AFTER the National Anthem. They can pray for an injury free game, give thanks for living in the USA and for those that serve, and especially for those that gave their lives defending America. I know some of the players meet at midfield after the game for this. I would like to see it before the game.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Call for NFL players/coaches to take a knee-AFTER the an

Post by junior »

Would this be as a protest or as respect?
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:Would this be as a protest or as respect?
Totally out of respect.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Nice
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Letter to the NFL Commissioner

Commissioner,

I've been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl, and Giants Stadium.

I missed the '90-'91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they're something special! They're not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You'll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the morale courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it's their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that's much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn't it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is ok?

You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You're just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applause those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don't do it for an hour on Sunday. They do 24/7 often with lead,not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don't even have ice! Many don't have legs or arms. Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high-paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Col. Jeffrey A Powers USMC(ret)
Forever .. Goat Path
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

those men died for freedom, and in a free country you are free to do things such as not stand during the national anthem....if you dont like it maybe you should move to russia or china.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:those men died for freedom, and in a free country you are free to do things such as not stand during the national anthem....if you dont like it maybe you should move to russia or china.
So there is only one "right" opinion in your mind and anyone who doesn't think as you think should leave?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

daytripper wrote:those men died for freedom, and in a free country you are free to do things such as not stand during the national anthem....if you dont like it maybe you should move to russia or china.
The First Ammendment says laws shall not be pass to limit things like freedom of speech. The courts, in most cases agree, you can not suppress speech in public venues. HOWEVER, corporations may determine what is appropriate during their time and business what is right. You don't wish to comply, fine, find someone else willing to pay you $11 mm / year because we will not.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
The First Ammendment says laws shall not be pass to limit things like freedom of speech. The courts, in most cases agree, you can not suppress speech in public venues. HOWEVER, corporations may determine what is appropriate during their time and business what is right. You don't wish to comply, fine, find someone else willing to pay you $11 mm / year because we will not.
all else aside, what coach wants this kind of distraction? and potential division among his team?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

SnoBrdr wrote:
So there is only one "right" opinion in your mind and anyone who doesn't think as you think should leave?
Its not an opinion, its a fact that they have the right to not stand. Freedoms like that are what make this country great.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Its not an opinion, its a fact that they have the right to not stand. Freedoms like that are what make this country great.
You're the one who said they should leave.

Because they didn't like it.

Kinda narrow minded.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

SnoBrdr wrote:
daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Kinda narrow minded.
if you insist on being specific i said maybe you should leave. do you know what the definition of maybe is?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Kinda narrow minded.
if you insist on being specific i said maybe you should leave. do you know what the definition of maybe is?
Isn't that like the meaning of what is, is.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

the definition of maybe is: "possibly but not certainly" according to websters. so saying maybe you should leave is like saying possibly but not certainly you should leave. where do you get you should definitely leave from that??
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

daytripper wrote:the definition of maybe is: "possibly but not certainly" according to websters. so saying maybe you should leave is like saying possibly but not certainly you should leave. where do you get you should definitely leave from that??
Arguing with slobrdr is like banging your head against a wall. (Hopefully not as hard as he used to bang suspected perps heads against walls).

You need to understand that you are arguing with the equivalent of a three year old. You will not win an argument with him. It's not possible.

The only way to win is not to play. Good luck whatever you decide.