Stony Brook Football

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: Stony Brook Football

Post by brownman »

Pretty optimistic about a team that just got croaked by Wildcat freshman. :shock:
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote:Pretty optimistic about a team that just got croaked by Wildcat freshman. :shock:
Programs are built over years. Optimism has a time component.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Seawolves Named ECAC’s FCS Team of the Year

http://www.stonybrook.edu/happenings/al ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Five Seawolves Get an Opportunity With NFL Teams

https://www.stonybrook.edu/happenings/a ... atters_may" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Drove to Kingston, RI Saturday to cheer on the Blue Hens of Delaware as they took on URI Rams. We know of couple of seniors on the visiting team. After getting shutout the first half Delaware rallied to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Rhody kicked a field goal for the tie at 22-22 then a triple OT battle ensued. First time I have seen the 25 yard out college format. Teams traded TD's and extra points for the first two periods. Then when Delaware scored their third OT touchdown and successful 2 pt conversion to take the 44-36 lead were the game ended on an end zone interception. Great game for the Delaware fans.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Drove to Kingston, RI Saturday to cheer on the Blue Hens of Delaware as they took on URI Rams. We know of couple of seniors on the visiting team. After getting shutout the first half Delaware rallied to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Rhody kicked a field goal for the tie at 22-22 then a triple OT battle ensued. First time I have seen the 25 yard out college format. Teams traded TD's and extra points for the first two periods. Then when Delaware scored their third OT touchdown and successful 2 pt conversion to take the 44-36 lead were the game ended on an end zone interception. Great game for the Delaware fans.
Meanwhile.....Stony Brook played Utah State, way above the normal caliber of team it plays out of conference, and lost 62-7. Talk about a beat down. :roll:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald