Cleveland Indians vs Boston Redsox

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Cleveland Indians vs Boston Redsox

Post by f.a.s.t. »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'm confused by the how what why of the teams f.a.s.t roots for.
It's very simple. I was born in Lakewood Ohio, a few miles away from Cleveland Municipal Stadium. When I was about 5 years old I went to my first ball game there with my grandfather, father and two brothers. I have been an Indians fan all my life. When I was 11 years old my family moved to Pittsburgh in 1969 and my father took us to see the Pirates play at Forbes Field. I then became a Pirates fan too and they won the World Series in 1971 (and 1979). I also became a Sixburgh Steeler fan too and they won 4 Superbowls in the 70's becoming the Football Capital of the Universe. I have also been a Celtics fan my entire life. This past year I admitted I jumped on the Cleveland Cavs band wagon. I've seen them play twice and there's nothing wrong with jumping on a band wagon; even though I don't follow the NBA too much.

Don't be too confused-how, what and why is very simple: Indians-Pirates-Steelers-Penguins-Celtics and Cavs.

If the North Coast Tribe can win the World Series this year and when the Sixbugh Steelers become the Sevenburgh Steelers in February; my teams will have all four major titles at the same time.
Gotcha. How didn't you become a Cleveland Browns fan having basically lived there for the first 11 years of your life? Just curious as I also have lived in/near two major cities with NFC teams (e.g., Eagles, Seahawks). I, of course, am an Eagles fan despite spending nearly half my life near Seattle. However, this was because my father was from the Philly area so despite being on the West coast, I/we remained Eagles fans.

The CLE / PITT relationship makes sense, especially since you're talking AL/NL. Celtics I don't get.
I guess I was a Browns fan and I remember watching Jim Brown running over people. However, once we moved to Pittsburgh being a Browns fan would be like being a Jets fan-nothing but disappointment. No basketball team in the Burgh (except the ABA Pipers), my favorite basketball player was John Havlicek so I was a Celtics fan-loved Bird-Parrish-McHale too.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'm confused by the how what why of the teams f.a.s.t roots for.
It's very simple. I was born in Lakewood Ohio, a few miles away from Cleveland Municipal Stadium. When I was about 5 years old I went to my first ball game there with my grandfather, father and two brothers. I have been an Indians fan all my life. When I was 11 years old my family moved to Pittsburgh in 1969 and my father took us to see the Pirates play at Forbes Field. I then became a Pirates fan too and they won the World Series in 1971 (and 1979). I also became a Sixburgh Steeler fan too and they won 4 Superbowls in the 70's becoming the Football Capital of the Universe. I have also been a Celtics fan my entire life. This past year I admitted I jumped on the Cleveland Cavs band wagon. I've seen them play twice and there's nothing wrong with jumping on a band wagon; even though I don't follow the NBA too much.

Don't be too confused-how, what and why is very simple: Indians-Pirates-Steelers-Penguins-Celtics and Cavs.

If the North Coast Tribe can win the World Series this year and when the Sixbugh Steelers become the Sevenburgh Steelers in February; my teams will have all four major titles at the same time.
Gotcha. How didn't you become a Cleveland Browns fan having basically lived there for the first 11 years of your life? Just curious as I also have lived in/near two major cities with NFC teams (e.g., Eagles, Seahawks). I, of course, am an Eagles fan despite spending nearly half my life near Seattle. However, this was because my father was from the Philly area so despite being on the West coast, I/we remained Eagles fans.

The CLE / PITT relationship makes sense, especially since you're talking AL/NL. Celtics I don't get.
Havlicek's stats are unreal, most people don't know he is the Celts all-time leading scorer:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... areer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

You can't have multiple teams as "your" team in any one sport.

Think Yanks-Mets.

It's just a sham to claim titles.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Let it go.
It's just such a terribly sad and shallow auto-biography. :lol:
.. although this version omitted Grammy and the 'stretch New England' Mystic connection. :oops:

:zzz
Forever .. Goat Path