Cleveland Indians vs Boston Redsox

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Cleveland Indians vs Boston Redsox

Post by f.a.s.t. »

If the Indians can get to the Redsox bull pen early and often, they can win this series.

Go North Coast Tribe, make it 3 out of 3 Championships for me!

Tribe vs Cubs in The Series, the two longest World Series droughts at 107 years and 67 years would be great.

If anyone can beat the Cubs, magic will be involved.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Cleveland Indians vs Boston Redsox

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Reverse strategy, get to the starter early and often. Happiness on the North Coast, sadness on the East Coast. Go tribe.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

The Shawnees, Delawares and, of course, the Eries are very happy tribes today. Go Indians and remember Tecumseh, maybe the greatest Native American ever-born right there in the Ohio River Valley lands. Thank you Cleveland for naming your team after our first Americans.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Forever .. Goat Path
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Love my somewhat dirty and sweat stained North Coast Tribe ball cap, with the wide eyed and smiling Indian. He looks very happy to me.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Love my somewhat dirty and sweat stained North Coast Tribe ball cap, with the wide eyed and smiling Indian. He looks very happy to me.
Attachments
SAM_4422.JPG
SAM_4422.JPG (415.2 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

North Coast Tribe on a rampage. Time for a big:
Attachments
SWEEP.png
SWEEP.png (58.07 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

f.a.s.t. wrote:North Coast Tribe on a rampage. Time for a big:
What times is the Pirates playoff game.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

SnoBrdr wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:North Coast Tribe on a rampage. Time for a big:
What times is the Pirates playoff game.
What time (not times) is the next Red Sox playoff game? (Question mark, not a period)

Did you go to any hate America protests this week, burn any American flags?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I'm confused by the how what why of the teams f.a.s.t roots for.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'm confused by the how what why of the teams f.a.s.t roots for.
It's very simple. I was born in Lakewood Ohio, a few miles away from Cleveland Municipal Stadium. When I was about 5 years old I went to my first ball game there with my grandfather, father and two brothers. I have been an Indians fan all my life. When I was 11 years old my family moved to Pittsburgh in 1969 and my father took us to see the Pirates play at Forbes Field. I then became a Pirates fan too and they won the World Series in 1971 (and 1979). I also became a Sixburgh Steeler fan too and they won 4 Superbowls in the 70's becoming the Football Capital of the Universe. I have also been a Celtics fan my entire life. This past year I admitted I jumped on the Cleveland Cavs band wagon. I've seen them play twice and there's nothing wrong with jumping on a band wagon; even though I don't follow the NBA too much.

Don't be too confused-how, what and why is very simple: Indians-Pirates-Steelers-Penguins-Celtics and Cavs.

If the North Coast Tribe can win the World Series this year and when the Sixbugh Steelers become the Sevenburgh Steelers in February; my teams will have all four major titles at the same time.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'm confused by the how what why of the teams f.a.s.t roots for.
Understandable .. So is he.

.. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Basically any team that has a chance of winning a title.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:
Understandable .. So is he.

.. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only..

:Toast
Knowing that passage would be a tad bit over his head.

He's still working on Finding Waldo.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
It's very simple. I was born in Lakewood Ohio, a few miles away from Cleveland Municipal Stadium. When I was about 5 years old I went to my first ball game there with my grandfather, father and two brothers. I have been an Indians fan all my life. When I was 11 years old my family moved to Pittsburgh in 1969 and my father took us to see the Pirates play at Forbes Field. I then became a Pirates fan too and they won the World Series in 1971 (and 1979). I also became a Sixburgh Steeler fan too and they won 4 Superbowls in the 70's becoming the Football Capital of the Universe. I have also been a Celtics fan my entire life. This past year I admitted I jumped on the Cleveland Cavs band wagon. I've seen them play twice and there's nothing wrong with jumping on a band wagon; even though I don't follow the NBA too much.

Don't be too confused-how, what and why is very simple: Indians-Pirates-Steelers-Penguins-Celtics and Cavs.

If the North Coast Tribe can win the World Series this year and when the Sixbugh Steelers become the Sevenburgh Steelers in February; my teams will have all four major titles at the same time.
Gotcha. How didn't you become a Cleveland Browns fan having basically lived there for the first 11 years of your life? Just curious as I also have lived in/near two major cities with NFC teams (e.g., Eagles, Seahawks). I, of course, am an Eagles fan despite spending nearly half my life near Seattle. However, this was because my father was from the Philly area so despite being on the West coast, I/we remained Eagles fans.

The CLE / PITT relationship makes sense, especially since you're talking AL/NL. Celtics I don't get.