A.L. East 2017

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: A.L. East 2017

Post by brownman »

They just whiff and whiff and whiff. :lol:
Not even Monuments can help with that. :wink:

Verlander and Altuve are totally focused.
Kate Upton has dropped some weight 8)

Cora alone won't cure the bloody Sox ..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

You have to hand it to this Yankee team ! But if it turns out Yanks -Dodgers in the World Series then it's as it should be as they are the 2 teams with the highest payrolls in MLB.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:You have to hand it to this Yankee team ! But if it turns out Yanks -Dodgers in the World Series then it's as it should be as they are the 2 teams with the highest payrolls in MLB.
Don't forget tho that over 10% of that payroll is dead money going to A-Roid.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

All Rise!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote:Yanks win :mrgreen: Going to be a fun post season in the G-house . . . Red Sox, Cubs, and, well, the Yanks :mrgreen:
Sox are gone. Cubs are going fast. Yankees have to win one of two in Houston and it'll be an old time World Series of Yankees vs. Dodgers.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Go Brooklyn :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Bubba wrote:
MrsG wrote:Yanks win :mrgreen: Going to be a fun post season in the G-house . . . Red Sox, Cubs, and, well, the Yanks :mrgreen:
Sox are gone. Cubs are going fast. Yankees have to win one of two in Houston and it'll be an old time World Series of Yankees vs. Dodgers.
I'd be OK with that . . . I'll be cheering for the Yanks or Astros 8)
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

' David slayed Goliath ' as the Astros $ 124,343,900 payroll Beat the Yanks who fielded the highest payroll in the A.L at $ 221,539,699 ... The Astros were the 10th highest in the American League and 18th highest in all of MLB. I guess you never know !
The LA Dodgers of whom the Astros will play had the highest payroll in both leagues at over $242,000,000 .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:' David slayed Goliath ' as the Astros $ 124,343,900 payroll Beat the Yanks who fielded the highest payroll in the A.L at $ 221,539,699 ... The Astros were the 10th highest in the American League and 18th highest in all of MLB. I guess you never know !
The LA Dodgers of whom the Astros will play had the highest payroll in both leagues at over $242,000,000 .
EE pissed it away.

The playing with "house money" story is bogus.

EE had a 3-2 series lead and let it slip away.

Who knows if they can make it back next year.

Even Joe G. is unsure if he will be back.

in the end, the better team won.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
EE pissed it away

Astros almost pissed it away after being up 2 - 0. Neither team could win on the road.

The Yankees weren't expected to even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and their rebuild is ahead of schedule. More kids coming up next season should help them progress.

In the end, the better team won....as it should be.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
EE pissed it away

Astros almost pissed it away after being up 2 - 0. Neither team could win on the road.

The Yankees weren't expected to even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and their rebuild is ahead of schedule. More kids coming up next season should help them progress.

I hope Yanks sign Otani.

Great run and great experience for the kids. This young core will be around for awhile.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

icedtea wrote:
Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
EE pissed it away

I hope Yanks sign Otani.

Great run and great experience for the kids. This young core will be around for awhile.

EE will make a huge push for Harper.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
icedtea wrote:
Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
EE pissed it away

I hope Yanks sign Otani.

He's a year away from free agency, isn't he?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
icedtea wrote:
Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
EE pissed it away

I hope Yanks sign Otani.

He's a year away from free agency, isn't he?
Have to look it up but they way they were talking on MLB Net, it was this year but you may well be right
icedtea
Guru Poster

A.L. East 2017

Post by icedtea »

I think it’s this year.

Edit: it is.

https://www.theringer.com/2017/9/13/163 ... ar-posting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter Tosh