Girardi Fired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Girardi Fired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by SnoBrdr »

As a Sox fan I thank the EE owners.

Bet he goes to Washington.

Could be similar to what the EE did to Buck and made Joe T., now their protector in the Commissioner's office, a legend in NY.

Rumour has it that John F., is high on the EE's list of candidates.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Girardi Fired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:As a Sox fan I thank the EE owners.

Bet he goes to Washington.

Could be similar to what the EE did to Buck and made Joe T., now their protector in the Commissioner's office, a legend in NY.

Rumour has it that John F., is high on the EE's list of candidates.
yep, not seeming like a good move...of course when brady replaced bledsoe it seemed like a WTF move too...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Be a hoot if the Yanks hire Farrell !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Has Cashman started taking stupid pills?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

of course he wasn't actually "fired"...is contract was set to expire on tuesday...he was not offered a new contract...in any case:

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/2 ... w-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:of course he wasn't actually "fired"...is contract was set to expire on tuesday...he was not offered a new contract...in any case:

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/2 ... w-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoken like a true NYer.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Girardi who :seeya
90% failure rate .. certain outcome.
Without a title, next guy is screwed as well.
:zzz
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:of course he wasn't actually "fired"...is contract was set to expire on tuesday...he was not offered a new contract...in any case:

Spoken like a true NYer.
:roll: so if you had a contract and it expired w/o being renewed you'd put "fired" on your resume? and where did you get the idea that farrell was on any list?

I'm just going by the two articles from .yankees.mlb.com and this first one from CBS
The New York Yankees announced they parted ways with manager Joe Girardi on Thursday. Girardi managed the club to a 910-710 record over 10 seasons, the best record in baseball during that time, and he was at the helm for their 2009 World Series championship.
Girardi's contract expired following the 2017 season, so technically he was not fired. He is not being brought back. There were rumblings Girardi was feeling burned out and wanted to spend more time with his family, leading to speculation he could walk away, though general manager Brian Cashman's statement made it clear this was the team's decision.
NEW YORK -- Joe Girardi's tenure as manager of the Yankees has ended, the club announced on Thursday, completing a decade-long run that included a World Series title in 2009 and concluded last week one win shy of a World Series appearance with a seven-game loss to the Astros in the American League Championship Series.

"I want to thank Joe for his 10 years of hard work and service to this organization," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Everything this organization does is done with careful and thorough consideration, and we've decided to pursue alternatives for the managerial position."
Girardi's contract was set to expire on Tuesday. Via his agent, Steve Mandell, Girardi said that he appreciated having been given the opportunity to lead the team for which he played from 1996-99, winning three championships.
"With a heavy heart, I come to you because the Yankees have decided not to bring me back," Girardi said. "I'd like to thank the Steinbrenner family for believing in me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. I would like to thank Brian Cashman and his staff for hiring me and always trying to improve the team."
Internal candidates include bench coach Rob Thomson, first-base coach Tony Pena and third-base coach Joe Espada, as well as Al Pedrique, who has overseen the development of Greg Bird, Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez and Luis Severino while winning back-to-back International League Manager of the Year Awards with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Thomson, 54, has been in the Yankees' organization for 28 seasons, including 10 on the team's big league coaching staff. He has previously interviewed for the Blue Jays' managerial vacancy, which went to John Gibbons.
The 42-year-old Espada has served as a coach and scout in the Yankees' organization, and previously managed in the Puerto Rican Winter League. Pena, 60, has been on the Yanks' staff for 12 years and helmed the Royals from 2002-05, winning the American League Manager of the Year Award in '03.
Former Major Leaguers Jay Bell, Tim Naehring and Josh Paul are also highly thought of in the organizational hierarchy. The 51-year-old Bell managed this season at Class A Advanced Tampa but has served as a big league bench coach with the D-backs and Reds. He's currently managing the Scottsdale Scorpions in the Arizona Fall League.

Should the Yankees look outside the organization, there have been rumblings that the Marlins' new Derek Jeter-led ownership group could make a change regarding manager Don Mattingly. After the 2007 season, Mattingly was one of the three finalists to replace Joe Torre.
Despite the promise of must-read tabloid articles for years to come, the longest of long shots would be the installation of Alex Rodriguez as manager. A-Rod spent his first post-retirement season as a special advisor to Steinbrenner, though he appeared to be most active making various television and entertainment appearances.
Other candidates who fit some of the necessary qualities include Brad Ausmus, who was dismissed by the Tigers after posting a 98-loss season, and Pete Mackanin, who scouted for the Yankees in 2014 before becoming the Phillies' manager the next season.
Mets hitting coach Kevin Long was passed over in favor of Mickey Callaway for that team's managerial vacancy, but the Yankees dismissed Long from their own hitting coach position after the 2014 season. Dodgers advisor Raul Ibanez, who hit three homers during the 2012 postseason with the Yankees, has also been mentioned as someone of interest.

Girardi wanted to com back obviously and IMO that would have been just fine... no mention of farrel anywhere except as a tactical failure...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/jo ... ot-enough/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of the three unemployed skippers, Girardi might have been the best. He didn’t have the pitcher-destroying reputation of Dusty Baker or the tactical problems of John Farrell. Over 10 years as the Yankees’ manager, Girardi racked up 910 wins, earning a winning record each season. He was helped by massive budgets, but he also presided over multiple failed free agent contracts that landed the team in a cycle of rebuilding. This year, the Yankees seemed to be on their way to championship contention, and Girardi took them deep into the ALCS before losing to the Houston Astros.

your reality may differ...
mach es sehr schnell