Flacco gets whacked....

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
madhatter
Signature Poster

Flacco gets whacked....

Post by madhatter »

flacco gets hammered trying to slide for a first down....shoulda slid a little earlier...the slide rule sux anyway....once the QB crosses the line of scrimmage he s/b considered a running back....it's lame to put the onus on the defender to pull up when he's already committed to a hit, or to basically make it so the defender has to allow the QB extra yardage ( first down) in close plays....

ya gotta make scrambling QB's pay or they take advantage...flacco paid....bet he slides a couple feet earlier next time he's confronted w the choice...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Flacco gets whacked....

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:flacco gets hammered trying to slide for a first down....shoulda slid a little earlier...the slide rule sux anyway....once the QB crosses the line of scrimmage he s/b considered a running back....it's lame to put the onus on the defender to pull up when he's already committed to a hit, or to basically make it so the defender has to allow the QB extra yardage ( first down) in close plays....

ya gotta make scrambling QB's pay or they take advantage...flacco paid....bet he slides a couple feet earlier next time he's confronted w the choice...
As I understand the slide rule, there is no extra yardage with the slide. The ball, at least as I understand, is supposed to be marked where the slide began.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

No worries Bubba, few understand the slide rule :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
Actually, few understand much about football these days :sad:
Like .. what is a catch .. what constitutes interference .. what is a touchdown ..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote:No worries Bubba, few understand the slide rule :lol:
image.jpeg
Actually, few understand much about football these days :sad:
Like .. what is a catch .. what constitutes interference .. what is a touchdown ..

I used to understand that rule too, but it was a long time ago.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:flacco gets hammered trying to slide for a first down....shoulda slid a little earlier...the slide rule sux anyway....once the QB crosses the line of scrimmage he s/b considered a running back....it's lame to put the onus on the defender to pull up when he's already committed to a hit, or to basically make it so the defender has to allow the QB extra yardage ( first down) in close plays....

As I understand the slide rule, there is no extra yardage with the slide. The ball, at least as I understand, is supposed to be marked where the slide began.
which is why he chose to slide at the 10 where the defender was about to unload on him, vs the 12 or 13 where he would have been "giving himself up"...

again the slide rule sux...ya wanna run w the ball you s/b considered a RB, much like how a QB is considered a defender on a turnover....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

NFL rules(?) - more like how much does an official want to be on TV!)) are not even the worse, as Flacco was down, I flipped to the Celtics/Bucks game, and a player on the Bucks got called for a Technical foul for "standing over" or "looking at" a Celtic who had fallen down from a small collision. And don't even get me started on what's a slashing penalty in the NHL right now! There's at least a couple inconsistant calls or non-calls every B's game. (But I'll still watch tonight, Go B's)
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Go Chubby Cheeks :like
Rookie of the year. :like

Flacco who ?

Forever .. Goat Path