Killington Property Management - the pits

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Pinnacle's Board of Directors has been complaining to K rental management for the past year or two. They've gone through several incompetent site managers and the new guy is doing his best to improve things. One of Trail Creek's staff went over there for several months as a supervisor but recently came back here when another supervisory position opened up here - he told me he likes it much better here.

Whatever the problems of Killington's program, I still think they're far better than anyone else in getting the condos rented and in maintaining them. Unlike renting single family homes, the condo rental business is a volume business and K's rentals do better than most in occupancy rates. They work on a rack rotation system where your place in the rack is determined by how often you use your condo during peak and off peak periods and how often it is rented and rentable. Killington Owner Services can explain it to you. It's confusing but it works, for the most part.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Over at my condo there was only one other car in the lot the entire weekend! I had the place to myself AGAIN!
I'e been there like 6 weeks in a row and still nobody above or on either side of my unit! :D
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

jon from gramps taxi is our property manager. he seems to be on top of his game, so far. except for jamming on the doorbell when he randomly stops by.
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

johnny the jibber wrote:jon from gramps taxi is our property manager. he seems to be on top of his game, so far. except for jamming on the doorbell when he randomly stops by.
I didn't know Gramps was doing property management.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

snowsprite wrote:Kahuna, you are using Cyberrentals right? I've had several people tell me they get fantastic results w/ that. Do you take a deposit? How do you deal w/ the cleaning before & after?

Sprite
pm'ed ya sprite.
KBL Ed wrote:One (of many) reasons I have not bought a condo up there is that I don't understand what to do about electronics equipment. Most condo renters expect a TV and some sort of stereo, right? How on earth do you keep this stuff from acquiring legs?
Couple of ways you can handle that. Mt Green asks for a list of things in the unit and is supposed to inspect after visits to make sure things didn't disappear. They've missed a number of smaller items that have walked but nothing big yet.

If you rent privately you can explicitly list on the rental contract the big ticket items that are in the unit and hold the renter responsible if they aren't there after he leaves (assuming you collected a damage deposit up front). It also helps to have the contents insured.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

KBL Ed wrote:One (of many) reasons I have not bought a condo up there is that I don't understand what to do about electronics equipment. Most condo renters expect a TV and some sort of stereo, right? How on earth do you keep this stuff from acquiring legs?
Killington requires you to have certain items in the condo as part of being in the rental program. They check the condos before the season to make sure they are up to par. If something big like a TV disappears, I think that you'd have a case against Killington to reimburse you since they agreed it was there to begin with and they required you to have it. And you should have your contents insured too.

I do have extra things like a couple of DVD players (Killington requires you to have a VCR, not a DVD player - in 2005! :roll: ), and they are still there.

So far I haven't had any problems with tenants. Yet. (fingers crossed)
Last edited by LINYbob on Dec 12th, '05, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

So far I haven't had any problems with tenants. Yet. (fingers crossed)

you will eventually.

over the past 6 years, we've had:

a smoker leave several cig burns in our couch. we have a non-smoking unit. K fixed these holes and went after the tenant for damages.

damage to our locks for the ski closet, and owner closet - idiots trying to break in. K fixed these too.

a 6" diameter hole on the inside wall of our bath tub, how i don't know. the cleaning people didn't see the hole in the tub, which means they didn't clean the tub. K ended up not going after the prior tenant, because we had 3 tenants during the interim of our use, and they couldn't prove who did the damage. all it would have taken was for the cleaning people to actually clean the tub to discover which tenant caused the damage. instead K spent a bundle to fix my tub. incompetance!
double the powder and shorten the fuse!
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

johnny the jibber wrote:dont use peter gilmore, i believe he is killington accomadations. big time dirt bag...
That's a bit harsh witout backing it up. In the past when I have gone through them, I had service that was/is equal to other agents.

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Dr Z wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:dont use peter gilmore, i believe he is killington accomadations. big time dirt bag...
That's a bit harsh witout backing it up. In the past when I have gone through them, I had service that was/is equal to other agents.
I agree with Dr. Z that you need to backup a statement like that. I know people that were very happy with the services provided by Mr. Gilmore's company. Our condo association decided to replace him because of some inconsistencies. However, after 3 years of using the new people I have yet to see the rental income that I would see when Peter Gilmore was the rental agent.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Dr Z wrote:
I agree with Dr. Z that you need to backup a statement like that. I know people that were very happy with the services provided by Mr. Gilmore's company. Our condo association decided to replace him because of some inconsistencies. However, after 3 years of using the new people I have yet to see the rental income that I would see when Peter Gilmore was the rental agent.
I agree, Peter seems to be a nice guy, low key. No matter how much I dish it out, he just smiles and says he will try better. Yes the unit was unclean, but that is my only complaint. When the owners (myself) come up, you would think they would take extra care to be sure all was right, but not the case. I found unwashed dishes put away, used tissues under the bed, toothpaste on top of a dresser, burn marks in sofas, a large burn in the rug, broken towel rack, but Peter just reimbursed me for all the damages, I fixed the stuff myself, because I like to know it is done.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

Atomic1 wrote:Over at my condo there was only one other car in the lot the entire weekend! I had the place to myself AGAIN!
I'e been there like 6 weeks in a row and still nobody above or on either side of my unit! :D
Do you people around your unit?
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

pcgrantham wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Over at my condo there was only one other car in the lot the entire weekend! I had the place to myself AGAIN!
Say what?
»¦«
Blue Chatterbox

Post by »¦« »

Geoff wrote:
pcgrantham wrote:
Say what?
What you English?
The poster formerly know as §
backintoit
Green Skidder

Post by backintoit »

RedRider wrote: Yes the unit was unclean, but that is my only complaint. When the owners (myself) come up, you would think they would take extra care to be sure all was right
If it were me, I'd be more concerned that my tenents were getting an unclean rental. I would take it as a personal reflection on me and worry about the loss of rental income.

I were the tenent renting such a place you can bet that I wouldn't be back. I would also make sure that anyone I knew who was looking for a rental would know about my experience.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

I think what I meant, was that they would take extra care setting it up for the owner's, so that we would have nothing to complain about. Hence, 'not knowing' the way it is normally left. Yes - it should always be cleaned to a certain standard.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!