Still MTB season

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
gravitylover
Green Skidder

Still MTB season

Post by gravitylover »

I know how hungry y'all are to ski but screaming through the woods on a mountain bike is the same rush. The weather is just about perfect now so GET OUT AND RIDE! 8)
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Haven't been out on the trails lately but have taken some nice back country roads in the Woodstock area. Really nice ride on the road from Billings Farm in Woodstock Down to Taftsville covered bridge and over to Quechee Gorge, stop for a nice lunch at Simon Pierce Glass works and back about 22 miles round trip, but pretty easy riding mostly on improved secondary roads. Nice scenery, Taftsville Covered Bridge, Taftsville Power Station, Quechee Lake Golf Course, Quechee Lakes Ski Area, Quechee Gorge, Simon Pierce Glassworks. One of my favorite take it easy rides. Best taken with a member of the opposite sex, pack a picnic lunch and your in like Flint.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Oh Yeah! I was on an epic ride last weekend in Northern Jersey. Skyline Drive to Ringwood and back. 25+ miles, 5.5 hours and super technical. Doing a similar ride tomorrow at Allamuchy.

Here's a view from one of the overlooks... The NYC skyline is in the distance

Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

spanky wrote:Oh Yeah! I was on an epic ride last weekend in Northern Jersey. Skyline Drive to Ringwood and back. 25+ miles, 5.5 hours and super technical. Doing a similar ride tomorrow at Allamuchy.

Here's a view from one of the overlooks... The NYC skyline is in the distance
Nice looking group of riders, here's one of my riding companions

Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Lots and lots of leaves where i have been riding in Southeast PA... kind of cool, especially when you cant see the rocks and roots!