alpine meadows sets new record

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

kaybee
Blue Chatterbox

alpine meadows sets new record

Post by kaybee »

sorry for kicking you guys in the balls, but this morning alpine meadows has reported a new one month snowfall record. during march so far 16.2 feet has been recieved at the base and 22.7 feet has been recieved at the peak. there is a storm that is suppose to arrive on friday, and one on sunday but sundays storm will be in april so that wont count.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

when i was in Baker last week some employees were saying how they got dissed and that Kirkwood had the most snowfall in the U.S. this season.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Hell with the BMMC, let's all go to Tahoe!! :D

Bus leaves at 4:00 p.m. today.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Skibumtress wrote:Hell with the BMMC, let's all go to Tahoe!! :D

would that be the magic bus?

or the airbus?
shortski
:dis
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

Skibumtress wrote:Hell with the BMMC, let's all go to Tahoe!! :D

I guess if your gonna sit around, get drunk and not ski, you might as well do it in style, stay on the nevada side.
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Screw that...ski season will be back next year. And if it sux again, maybe I'll go to Tahoe or Utah then. But for now, the next trip I'm taking it somewhere steamy, mysterious, and difficult to get in.

(no, not the bathroom at KBL!) :lol:

Sprite
I like wine.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:Screw that...ski season will be back next year. And if it sux again, maybe I'll go to Tahoe or Utah then. But for now, the next trip I'm taking it somewhere steamy, mysterious, and difficult to get in.

Sprite

bubba's colon?
shortski
:dis
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
snowsprite wrote:Screw that...ski season will be back next year. And if it sux again, maybe I'll go to Tahoe or Utah then. But for now, the next trip I'm taking it somewhere steamy, mysterious, and difficult to get in.

Sprite

bubba's colon?
I was thinking somewhere else......
andyzee wrote:Could it be that there are only 6 of us left? Sprite, sorry, but I think we're gonna have to repopulate. 8)
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Hey now!

:shock:

Sprite
Hal U. Dewin wrote:

Sprite

bubba's colon?
I like wine.
kaybee
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kaybee »

alpine meadows set a new record for their resort, not some national record. i know kwood has recieved 500+ inches so far but i dont know if they have set any new standards for them. conditions here are to put it mildly...very very good. im hitting up squaw tonite for some nite boarding.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

kaybee wrote:alpine meadows set a new record for their resort, not some national record. i know kwood has recieved 500+ inches so far but i dont know if they have set any new standards for them. conditions here are to put it mildly...very very good. im hitting up squaw tonite for some nite boarding.
Lucky are those who live out west like yourself or those that will fly out there shortly like Hal U Dewin. It is definitely spring down here in LI. The forsythia is blooming, my daffodils have begun to bloom and the crocuses are in full bloom. I also saw a hyacinth in my garden. The tree in the front of our property will soon have leaves on it. Don't know how they are growing since it has been the driest March ever down here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: alpine meadows sets new record

Post by Dr. NO »

kaybee wrote:sorry for kicking you guys in the balls, but this morning alpine meadows has reported a new one month snowfall record. during march so far 16.2 feet has been recieved at the base and 22.7 feet has been recieved at the peak. there is a storm that is suppose to arrive on friday, and one on sunday but sundays storm will be in april so that wont count.
With that much snow, that means you can ski over the top of the ridge from the main chair. It also means the gullys and trees below the Palisades don't exist. Was there several years ago when they had over 400" and it was that way. They actually groomed the cliff to the right of the lift house. Just some awsome skiing.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
kaybee wrote:alpine meadows set a new record for their resort, not some national record. i know kwood has recieved 500+ inches so far but i dont know if they have set any new standards for them. conditions here are to put it mildly...very very good. im hitting up squaw tonite for some nite boarding.
Lucky are those who live out west like yourself or those that will fly out there shortly like Hal U Dewin. It is definitely spring down here in LI. The forsythia is blooming, my daffodils have begun to bloom and the crocuses are in full bloom. I also saw a hyacinth in my garden. The tree in the front of our property will soon have leaves on it. Don't know how they are growing since it has been the driest March ever down here.
Going to the 'bird April 20. Can't wait.
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

f*** i still cant get over my time share in North Lake tahoe being BEFORE winter got there this season :evil: