how many countries do this to their soldiers....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
the Disemboweler
Whipping Post

how many countries do this to their soldiers....

Post by the Disemboweler »

if this story is true thats horrible....an fbi agent investigates a solider in war in iraq? how many other countries u think do this to their soliders? the usa is destroying itself....terrorists are just expediting the end for us....

Steven D. Green, a 21-year-old former private first class discharged this spring for a "personality disorder," made an initial appearance on rape and murder charges in a federal courtroom Monday morning, three days after he was arrested by FBI agents in western North Carolina.

Green was ordered held without bond while waiting to be taken to Louisville, Kentucky, where he faces four counts of murder and one of rape stemming from the March incident. Each of the murder charges carries a possible death sentence.

According to an affidavit unsealed during his court appearance, Green was part of a group of four soldiers from the Fort Campbell, Kentucky-based 101st Airborne Division who invaded a home near the traffic checkpoint they manned in Mahmoudiya, Iraq, about 30 kilometers (20 miles) south of Baghdad. Once inside, the affidavit said, Green and another soldier raped a young Iraqi woman who lived there.

Two other soldiers from the division's 502nd Infantry Regiment who were present and interviewed by investigators said Green fired shots from an AK-47 submachine gun that killed the woman, as well as three members of her family: a man, woman and a young girl.

The FBI affidavit estimated the rape victim's age as 25, but a neighbor in Mahmoudiya said Monday she was 14.

The military's investigation into the killings first became public last week. U.S. officials in Iraq have said they learned of the deaths in March, after the family's bodies were found inside a burned residence. They initially believed the killings were a result of sectarian violence.

Investigators in Iraq have said they believe the soldiers planned the rape for up to a week. According to the affidavit, written by Louisville-based FBI agent Gregor Ahlers, Green and fellow soldiers discussed the attack while drinking on the night of March 11, then changed clothes in an effort to disguise themselves before going to the woman's home and carrying out the assault.

Upon arriving at the residence, Green took the woman's relatives into a bedroom, according to one soldier interviewed by investigators. The sound of gunshots from inside the room followed, and Green emerged to say, "I just killed them, all are dead," the affidavit said.

"Immediately after this, (the soldier) witnessed (another soldier) and Green rape the woman ... . After the rape, (the soldier) witnessed Green shoot the woman in the head two to three times," Ahlers wrote.

Another soldier present during the attack told a similar story and said he was instructed afterward to dump the murder weapon in a nearby canal, which he did.

Investigators also interviewed a fifth soldier, who was left behind to man the radio at the traffic checkpoint. That soldier said Green and three others returned from the woman's house "with blood on their clothes, which they burned. Immediately after this, they each told (the soldier) that this is never to be discussed again."

Ahlers said in the affidavit he reviewed photos taken by Army investigators in Iraq of bodies found inside the burned house, including photos of an Iraqi man, woman and young girl who all appear to have died of gunshot wounds. He said he also reviewed a photo of a burned body of "what appears to be a woman with blankets thrown over her upper torso."

An official familiar with details of the investigation in Iraq has told The Associated Press that a flammable liquid was used to burn the rape victim's body in an attempted cover-up.

The satellite channel Al-Jazeera gave wide coverage to the alleged attack. But according to the affidavit, military officials learned of the American role in the deaths less than two weeks ago, after a soldier confessed to involvement during a routine military counseling session.

The soldiers accused in the rape and killings are from the same platoon as two soldiers whose mutilated bodies were found June 19, three days after they were abducted by insurgents near Youssifiyah, southwest of Baghdad. Military officials say they believe guilt over the mutilations may have spurred the confession.

No other soldier has been charged in the case, said Maj. Joseph Breasseale, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad. However, military officials have said four Army soldiers have had their weapons taken away and are confined to their base near Mahmoudiya.

Authorities did not say why Green was arrested in Marion. According to the affidavit, he was expected to return a rental car to Fort Campbell on Friday or Saturday, after attending a funeral in Arlington, Virginia, for one of the mutilated soldiers.

Green served for 11 months with the 101st Airborne Division, according to the affidavit, and he received an honorable discharge "before this incident came to light. Green was discharged due to a personality disorder."

Green will have a preliminary hearing and a detention hearing on July 10 in Charlotte, and will then be brought to Louisville, said Marisa Ford, chief of the criminal division for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Louisville.

The mayor of Mahmoudiya, Mouayad Fadhil, said Monday that Iraqi authorities had started their own investigation. He said U.S. Army officers were also seeking permission to exhume one of the bodies; the U.S. military declined to comment on the report because the investigation is ongoing.
I do what I want, when I want, where I want, & how I want & if you don't like it you can go $uck yourself :-)

Witness the birth of evil. The disemboweler :-$

http://www.yadvashem.org/

http://www.komennyc.org/

http://gohtbc.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4dJJ_k ... re=related

http://www.swjackdrilling.com/

Long live Killington Resort and Turn of the River Lodge!!!!
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

Even soldiers fighting a war are not exempt from the laws that separate our civility from the lack of others.

I would imagine most countries would go after someone who commit rape against the very people we're trying to "liberate"... Difference is - he's going to get a trial..

Destroying ourselves? On the contrary - we are showing that we are a country willing to stand up to what we believe. And are willing to be held accountable for our actions.
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

The US Military takes a very dim view of rape. He can be put to death just for that.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

the Disemboweler
Whipping Post

Post by the Disemboweler »

DMC Freeride wrote:Even soldiers fighting a war are not exempt from the laws that separate our civility from the lack of others.

I would imagine most countries would go after someone who commit rape against the very people we're trying to "liberate"... Difference is - he's going to get a trial..

Destroying ourselves? On the contrary - we are showing that we are a country willing to stand up to what we believe. And are willing to be held accountable for our actions.
other countries dont give a sh*t about their people much less the enemy....the soliders of other countries routinly rape & murder people by the millions....
I do what I want, when I want, where I want, & how I want & if you don't like it you can go $uck yourself :-)

Witness the birth of evil. The disemboweler :-$

http://www.yadvashem.org/

http://www.komennyc.org/

http://gohtbc.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4dJJ_k ... re=related

http://www.swjackdrilling.com/

Long live Killington Resort and Turn of the River Lodge!!!!
b-5
Wanted Poster

Post by b-5 »

Rape and murder....if he did it hang his ass!
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

the Disemboweler wrote:
DMC Freeride wrote:Even soldiers fighting a war are not exempt from the laws that separate our civility from the lack of others.

other countries dont give a sh*t about their people much less the enemy....the soliders of other countries routinly rape & murder people by the millions....
Civilians aren't the enemy. That kind of behavior has no place in a well disciplined, professional army.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Yup and that's what makes us such a great nation.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

That's the theory at least. When the commander-in-chief is held accountable for his actions I'll be on board.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Momentarily setting aside any moral considerations... the laws of the United States, UCMJ, and any draft Status of Forces Agreement which may exist with the interim Iraqi government are quite clear on this issue.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)