Oil Prices

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Oil Prices

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

A few great articles/opinions.

Bubba ... I think you especially would enjoy them, considering your energy experience.

http://www.billcara.com/archives/2006/0 ... _long.html

http://www.billcara.com/archives/A%20ta ... rouble.pdf

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/spec ... omo440-fea

Cara mentioned that he thinks we'll see $65 a barrel?!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Another article on Oil prices ... maybe we're in for cheaper Oil (gas) after all

http://energy.seekingalpha.com/article/15869
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

I like his credentials! You gravitate to some funny sources of information. I try to stay away from advice from 43 year old dudes with myspace pages. But that's just me.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Cityskier wrote:Image

I like his credentials! You gravitate to some funny sources of information. I try to stay away from advice from 43 year old dudes with myspace pages. But that's just me.
Very clever ... are you discounting his opinion and suggesting its wrong merely on the basis of being a member of myspace?

I wouldn't have posted it unless his opinion seemed both reasonable and realistic. It seems Phil is inline with many others in the market (i.e. Cara and others I've posted above).

Perhaps you might have an alternative opinion ... or do you debase anyone and everyone that is a member of myspace? I’m on myspace; does that mean I can’t speak on topics for which I’m knowledgeable, for example tech?

Your logic seems a little off.

For someone who again lashes out at people only seeing one point-of-view, you seem overly guilty of such.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Very clever ... are you discounting his opinion and suggesting its wrong merely on the basis of being a member of myspace?

I wouldn't have posted it unless his opinion seemed both reasonable and realistic. It seems Phil is inline with many others in the market (i.e. Cara and others I've posted above).

Perhaps you might have an alternative opinion ... or do you debase anyone and everyone that is a member of myspace? I’m on myspace; does that mean I can’t speak on topics for which I’m knowledgeable, for example tech?

For someone who again lashes out at people only seeing one point-of-view, you seem overly guilty of such.
Awww....you're so sensitive! It's ok XJ. I was just funnin!

I'll try to be literal when I post because you seem unable to draw any conclusions on your own. (For furure reference I try to be as sarcastic as possible. Maybe this info will help you.) My inference is that you would be better off reading the writings of people whose backgrounds, and thus their motivations, are a little more transparent than some day trader who's so bored he's also a blogger.

Cara is in the same category. Some guy using a pseudonym on an internet site certainly would make me question the information I am reading. And he's Canadian!

I'm not doubting any of the info referenced. Fact of the matter is you could find plenty of information suggesting the price of oil is going to go up and plenty of info suggesting that the price of oil is going to go down. And guess what? They'll have numbers to support it.

My whole point every time I bust your balls has been how you learn is just as important as what you learn. I couldn't give two sh!ts about your opinion. While it's fun to argue, it certainly doesn't matter at the end of they day. You'd be better served in my opinion learning the fundamentals of the market for oil rather that posting links to other people's opinions. Then maybe you could post one of your own for a change.

Oh...and I have a mySpace account too. It's helped me get in touch with a few people I lost track with. The difference is I don't advertise it.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Cityskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Awww....you're so sensitive! It's ok XJ. I was just funnin!

I'll try to be literal when I post because you seem unable to draw any conclusions on your own. (For furure reference I try to be as sarcastic as possible. Maybe this info will help you.) My inference is that you would be better off reading the writings of people whose backgrounds, and thus their motivations, are a little more transparent than some day trader who's so bored he's also a blogger.

Cara is in the same category. Some guy using a pseudonym on an internet site certainly would make me question the information I am reading. And he's Canadian!

I'm not doubting any of the info referenced. Fact of the matter is you could find plenty of information suggesting the price of oil is going to go up and plenty of info suggesting that the price of oil is going to go down. And guess what? They'll have numbers to support it.

My whole point every time I bust your balls has been how you learn is just as important as what you learn. I couldn't give two sh!ts about your opinion. While it's fun to argue, it certainly doesn't matter at the end of they day. You'd be better served in my opinion learning the fundamentals of the market for oil rather that posting links to other people's opinions. Then maybe you could post one of your own for a change.

Oh...and I have a mySpace account too. It's helped me get in touch with a few people I lost track with. The difference is I don't advertise it.
Well sure I'd love to know the fundamentals about oil. Heck there are a lot of things that I don't know that I wish to know about. There is only so much time (and only so many hours a day) and lets face it, school taught me squat (outside of tech).

I have to start somewhere. Perhaps you picked up on this, but I tend to know a little about a lot. I like it that way. Although certain topics like investing, history, business management, and Oracle ( :lol: ) I'd like to know a whole lot more about. How do I acomplish this? I read blogs and books and I come here (and other forums) and debate/argue/w.e. and learn that way.

It's a slow road to grasp ALL the things I'd like to, but hey ... it's coming along.