My take on the NFL

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
2knees
Poster Child Poster

My take on the NFL

Post by 2knees »

You have 2 teams that are head and shoulders above everyone else. New England and Pittsburgh. New England will have homefield and will have to play either Pitt or Indy in the championship. I highly doubt Indy can go into Pitt in Jan and keep Bettis/Staley/Faneca et all off the field for 40+ minutes which puts the ball stictly in Mannings hands. Now this may seem like a good thing right now but playoff football in bad weather against a fearsome passrush is not conducive to throwing every down. That leaves us with a rematch of Pitt N.E. at N.E. to go to the superbowl. You gotta go with N.E. at home. (i hate the patriots so this is unbiased) but this could be one hell of a physical game. I have a feeling this will end up being like Uconn Duke in a final four game where the superbowl is played BEFORE the superbowl.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

I'll be interested to see if Pittsburgh can retain home field advantage in the playoffs. 4 of their last 5 games are against pretty good teams.

Personally, I'd like to see the Bills run the table and make the playoffs at 10-6. Pats, Jets, and Bills all in the playoffs. The Bills have 4 fairly easy games and then close at home against Pittsburgh. The Ravens and Broncos would have to both stumble badly but both teams have pretty difficult schedules left.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Geoff wrote:I'll be interested to see if Pittsburgh can retain home field advantage in the playoffs. 4 of their last 5 games are against pretty good teams.

Personally, I'd like to see the Bills run the table and make the playoffs at 10-6. Pats, Jets, and Bills all in the playoffs. The Bills have 4 fairly easy games and then close at home against Pittsburgh. The Ravens and Broncos would have to both stumble badly but both teams have pretty difficult schedules left.
pitt wont retain homefield. pitt will be 13-3, Patriots 15-1 buffalo blew it by going 0-4 good team, not good enough to erase 0-4
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Re: My take on the NFL

Post by CAPBOY »

2knees wrote:You have 2 teams that are head and shoulders above everyone else. New England and Pittsburgh. New England will have homefield and will have to play either Pitt or Indy in the championship. I highly doubt Indy can go into Pitt in Jan and keep Bettis/Staley/Faneca et all off the field for 40+ minutes which puts the ball stictly in Mannings hands. Now this may seem like a good thing right now but playoff football in bad weather against a fearsome passrush is not conducive to throwing every down. That leaves us with a rematch of Pitt N.E. at N.E. to go to the superbowl. You gotta go with N.E. at home. (i hate the patriots so this is unbiased) but this could be one hell of a physical game. I have a feeling this will end up being like Uconn Duke in a final four game where the superbowl is played BEFORE the superbowl.
Jerald Sowell holding on to the ball, Pennington sliding, and we are singing a different tune.

The difference between the AFC and the NFC is amazing, though.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Big game for your jets this weekend. Being a steeler diehard myself, i honestly think the J-E-T-S have a legit shot. they play the same kind of game as the steelers. should be one hell of a physical battle. just like all steelers games for that matter.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

I was out with someone I went to NYU with that is from Pitt. She was trying to bait me into trash talking all night long. I didn't bite. This is going to be good football. 2 very similar teams. Good defenses. QB's that manage the game well. 4 Good running backs. I am exited!
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

I disagree about Pittsburg: they have had a pretty easy schedule however they did spank both NE and Philly for which I am duly impressed.

Teams not to write off are Baltimore and Diego n the AFC - I think my Ravens can pull of yet another Steelers bitch slap (if the good Ravens show up that is: its hard being a fan of a bipolar team). In the NFC, I think Atlanta can pull it off if they show the desire to win.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Oh well, one lost, 3 to go.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

We were outcoached.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

if i were a jets fan, i would A) want paul hackett's head on a platter for running the most vanilla offense i have ever seen

b) seriously question pennington's arm strength.
why he cant seem to get moss involved is very strange to me. the one deep pass he did throw seemed to take forever to get there. very accurate but a strange looking throw non the less.