Lou Dobbs

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Lou Dobbs

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I love watching his show every evening.

The most shocking thing I heard this evening was:

"The average CEO makes 431 times what the average worker makes a year. In otherwords, what an average CEO makes in one day would take the average worker practically two years to make."
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Re: Lou Dobbs

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I love watching his show every evening.

"The average CEO makes 431 times what the average worker makes a year. In otherwords, what an average CEO makes in one day would take the average worker practically two years to make."
So in order to pay these CEO's their exorbitant salaries, they have to layoff workers and outsource their jobs to India. Then they grease the palms of of congressman and nothing get's done about it. Meanwhile the middle class of America is disappearing. The above statistic is sickening.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:

So in order to pay these CEO's their exorbitant salaries, they have to layoff workers and outsource their jobs to India. Then they grease the palms of of congressman and nothing get's done about it. Meanwhile the middle class of America is disappearing. The above statistic is sickening.
It sure is. I think the CEO's pay should be directly connected to performance of the company. Often times, unfortunately, that's just not the case.

Something else that's troubling is the US gov't let a drug trafficer go free so he could testify against border patrolmen. The patrolmen have been sentance to x years in prison ... the drug trafficer went free
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:

It sure is. I think the CEO's pay should be directly connected to performance of the company. Often times, unfortunately, that's just not the case.

Something else that's troubling is the US gov't let a drug trafficer go free so he could testify against border patrolmen. The patrolmen have been sentance to x years in prison ... the drug trafficer went free
Depends on what the cop did and what else the trafficker is guilty of.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Let me get this straight. CEO's and corporations are screwing the Middle Class, yet nearly everyone on this board is in the upper portion of the middle class and doing quite well. Yes, some have setbacks and hard times, but most are doing better than their parents did. Of course we have different tastes and spending habits than our parents, like 2 homes, a boat, skis, motorcycle, ATV, SUV and on and on, but yep, the Middle class is being screwed.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:Let me get this straight. CEO's and corporations are screwing the Middle Class, yet nearly everyone on this board is in the upper portion of the middle class and doing quite well. Yes, some have setbacks and hard times, but most are doing better than their parents did. Of course we have different tastes and spending habits than our parents, like 2 homes, a boat, skis, motorcycle, ATV, SUV and on and on, but yep, the Middle class is being screwed.
I don't think CEO's are screwing the middle class, after all, they're technically the ones who run the organizations that pay us. However, I feel that a CEO that's paid 431 times more than the average worker is fairly over board and I think you can agree.

The only real problem I have right now is college loans. That's my problem though because I chose to go to a private (and expensive) university.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Let me get this straight. CEO's and corporations are screwing the Middle Class, yet nearly everyone on this board is in the upper portion of the middle class and doing quite well. Yes, some have setbacks and hard times, but most are doing better than their parents did. Of course we have different tastes and spending habits than our parents, like 2 homes, a boat, skis, motorcycle, ATV, SUV and on and on, but yep, the Middle class is being screwed.
I don't think CEO's are screwing the middle class, after all, they're technically the ones who run the organizations that pay us. However, I feel that a CEO that's paid 431 times more than the average worker is fairly over board and I think you can agree.

The only real problem I have right now is college loans. That's my problem though because I chose to go to a private (and expensive) university.
Average worker of a company makes say $36K plus bennies. That means the company is actually paying him about $72K with their portion of taxes and the bennies they provide. The company the CEO is running NETS over a BILLION / year and he is the top guy. So, exactly what should he be paid? I believe some are excessive, like ASC when they are running red ink, but when they are profitable, they deserve credit.

Oh, the Median US income is over $40 K now so my example is a bit LOW.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Average worker of a company makes say $36K plus bennies. That means the company is actually paying him about $72K with their portion of taxes and the bennies they provide. The company the CEO is running NETS over a BILLION / year and he is the top guy. So, exactly what should he be paid? I believe some are excessive, like ASC when they are running red ink, but when they are profitable, they deserve credit.

Oh, the Median US income is over $40 K now so my example is a bit LOW.
That would mean the average CEO makes 18+ million a year. That's just a bit excessive from my view. And hell, my first job I'm already making over the average income.

I'd really have to look at each company and their CEO on a case by case to honestly say if I felt it was 'too much'.

I think the google CEO has an odd way of being paid, but can't think how it works or what he's paid atm. Someone on here has got to be a share holder, what was he paid last year? Or maybe someone knows where to find that info (I don't have time atm)