Who does this sound like?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kerry was for the joke, before he was against it.
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry has apologized for a "poorly stated joke," which the Massachusetts senator said was aimed at the president but was widely perceived as a slam on U.S. troops.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended," Kerry said in a statement Wednesday.

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: My poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and [was] never intended to refer to any troop," he said.
As for what CS said, I agree with you. This thing with Kerry is a non-issue and shouldn't be the number one story right now. My intent talking about this, was to point out that his joke was not understood by many, much less the fact that it was a botched joke to begin with. I think if Kerry clarified himself right after the statement, this wouldn't be an issue.

Point and case ... Herald Ford Jr was interviewed last night on TV and was asked "If Kerry's joke was botched, what did he intend to say?". Herald Jr. replied "I don't know what Kerry intended to say".

Too many people are unclear what Kerry meant to say. Sure I know what he meant, so it's a non-issue for me, but I wanted to merely point out that Kerry was going about the botched joke in the wrong manner.

Now that he has made it absolutely crystal clear that his joke was unintended, pointed out what he really meant to say, and apologized about mis-speaking. There is nothing more to discuss.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

Mid-term elections, no nationally interesting races that the media could package for the masses....

The 24hr TV-internet newsmedia was dying for something to latch their claws onto and beat to death. Kerry gave them something.

Hell, Kerry isn't even running for anything this time. This just demonstrates the media's control of the sheeple.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Point and case ...
WTF are you trying to say?
:roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe