we won

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
ABushismaDay wrote:I would like to see it enacted. So what that he is on hs way out. They did it to Clinton for much less than GWB is potentially guilty of. I think congress owes it to the American people.
Perhaps you're right, but if that's the case, doesn't congress owe the American people a lot more then this?
I wouldn't mind seeing Bush and Cheney get investigated...
But I doubt it will happen...
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

ABushismaDay wrote:I would like to see it enacted. So what that he is on hs way out. They did it to Clinton for much less than GWB is potentially guilty of. I think congress owes it to the American people.
Clinton's impeachment was because he was charged with perjury for lying under oath, just what do you propose the charges should be for Bush.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote:
Clinton's impeachment was because he was charged with perjury for lying under oath, just what do you propose the charges should be for Bush.
Under the "High Crimes and Misdemeanor" bit the President can be impeached for official misconduct and abuse of power

You can easily argue that many of Bush's actions in office come close enough to both of those to warrant an investigation.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote:
Under the "High Crimes and Misdemeanor" bit the President can be impeached for official misconduct and abuse of power

You can easily argue that many of Bush's actions in office come close enough to both of those to warrant an investigation.
I think they should start an investigation, it will tie up both Congress and the Senate and we all we be better off, but no charges will ever be brought. Executive privilege and decisions made are hard to prove as misconduct or abuse of powers, charges would have to be specific and be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote:

I think they should start an investigation, it will tie up both Congress and the Senate and we all we be better off, but no charges will ever be brought. Executive privilege and decisions made are hard to prove as misconduct or abuse of powers, charges would have to be specific and be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
Wouldn't be that hard. Bush violated the FISA law. After untangling all the sh*t about time of war and executive privilege, that alone should be
enough.

btw, I share the sentiment about tying up the government. I really wish they'd take more and longer vacations.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

newpylong
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong »

Impeach him for sending a well respected Veteran and man (Colin Powell) in front of the United Nations with sh*t intelligence and insisting it is correct. Bush may have a good vision, but be surrounded himself around some aweful people. He should have asked his father and his team for more advice.

Today is like Christmas all over again. Rummy steps down and the Democrats win the Senate and House (and my state governorship). Its not about Republican vs. Democrat anymore, its about change. This country need a breath of fresh air, let's hope it happens.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Hopefully this improves the state in which our country has been operated. It was assuring to hear a Democratic Strategist say that there are absolutely no plans to attempt to impeach the president. He also listed the items the dems are going to work hard to fix, I hope they follow through, unlike the republican party
they can work and not be bothered by attempts to change the constitution to ban gay marriage... and other stuff...
I always thought gay marriage was a state issue anyway (I think you feel the same). Over half of the states (or close to it) within the nation already have a gay marriage ban anyway.

For the record I really could careless.
The Gay Marriage ban between states fall under other Federal laws requiring equal recognition of couples and such. Not sure how it all goes, but if one state begins allowing marriage and that couple then moves, supposedly other states would have to honor that union. By Federalizing it one way or other, the Interstate discrepancies could be eliminated.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Sen. George Allen will concede the Virginia race to Democrat Jim Webb, giving Democrats a majority vote in the U.S. Senate, CNN confirms.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

The important thing is not whwther W gets to finish has last 2 years or not, it's how do we prevent him from pardoning all the rats on his sinking ship. Then we need a Dem president next time so that W won't be pardoned for any crimes he is charged with when he is investigated for his blatant abuses of power. You say Clinton committed perjury? Didn't W commit perjury when he took the oath of office and swore to uphold the constitution? I won't rehash all his other abuses here but you can hear the whole list every day on the Randi Rhodes show. I'm glad W beleives in hell and I wish I could. The best we can do is make the rest of his life hell on earth.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Well, to the Victors go the spoils, and the gloating.

Was announced this afternoon that a German procecutor is filing claims in the world courts against high ranking officers and Politicians, including Rummy, for high crimes against individuals and humanity, mostly for plaintiffs who were in Abu-Gra prison or Club Getmo. Could be sentenced in the world courts to prision but also have to pay retributions.

Question then arrises, how can you charge similar crimes to people who do not belong to an army, claim no nation, except islam, but kill, murder, behead and torture victims without punishment?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?