(CNN)October bloodiest month yet for Iraqi civilians

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

ski_adk wrote:Kinda funny how we feel that we know what's best for the people who live over there.
Three horrible hotspots - leaning towards or already in a civil war - have already had their "free" elections in a western style democracy and it's not working out so good...

Iraq.... The Palistinians.... Lebanon...
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

Excellent point, but I'm curious what you meant by weaken one's 'loyalty towards the troops'? I would qualify my 20th century American history has less-than decent.
I mean for that comment to be a jab at the pro-war, mostly neo-con ignoramuses out there. Whenever someone starts to bring up historical facts that run contrary to supporting the agenda, the neo-cons are quick to label them as unpatriotic, unsupportive of the troops, etc. They are willfully ignorant of the situation over there, indignantly righteous and arrogant that they know what's best for Iraqis and are belligerently and blindly steadfast to adhering to their own ideology. These traits are what lead to the cherry-picking of intelligence that lead us into this war and it's these traits that have bogged us down into the quagmire that is this war.

Lacking open minds to see otherwise, I can't fathom how the neo-cons expect to ever win this war. (As if they've even defined what conditions must actual exist to justify using the term "win" here.)
Last edited by ski_adk on Nov 28th, '06, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

ski_adk wrote:
Excellent point, but I'm curious what you meant by weaken one's 'loyalty towards the troops'? I would qualify my 20th century American history has less-than decent.
I mean for that comment to be a jab at the pro-war, mostly neo-con ignoramuses out there. Whenever someone starts to bring up historical facts that run contrary to supporting the agenda, the neo-cons are quick to label them as unpatriotic, unsupportive of the troops, etc. They are willfully ignorant of the situation over there, indignantly righteous and arrogant that they know what's best for Iraqis and are belligerently and blindly steadfast to adhering to their own ideology. These traits are lead to the cherry-picking of intelligence that lead us into this war and it's these traits that have bogged us down into the quagmire that is this war.

Lacking open minds to see otherwise, I can't fathom how the neo-cons expect to ever win this war. (As if they've even defined what conditions must actual exist to justify using the term "win" here.)
Ah, I see what you mean!

I know a lot of people that are historically knowledgeable and read every stinking book they can get their hands on, but more often then not, they're always thinking "me, me, me .... us, us, us". I didn't realize this flaw in their reasoning until now (for whatever reason), thanks.