What other countries think of "US"

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Your first point doesn't apply, many of these people have the food, but eat any that comes their way ... even if they made $100K a year, it's my guesstimate that they would remain in poverty because of their continuous poor financial decisions.
wow.... you have a heart of stone... cold cold cold...

Many don't have food and those are whom I am refering to.

I've seen poverty up close.. I've been out to help struggling families rebuild houses in Apalachia and NJ... It doesn't take much to push someone down below the poverty line...

Cause maybe it's not food - maybe it's healthcare - of a car that breaks down - or natural disaster - or a lost job...whatever...

I pray you and your family never find yourself hungry and destitute...
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Your first point doesn't apply, many of these people have the food, but eat any that comes their way ... even if they made $100K a year, it's my guesstimate that they would remain in poverty because of their continuous poor financial decisions.
wow.... you have a heart of stone... cold cold cold...

Many don't have food and those are whom I am refering to.

I've seen poverty up close.. I've been out to help struggling families rebuild houses in Apalachia and NJ... It doesn't take much to push someone down below the poverty line...

Cause maybe it's not food - maybe it's healthcare - of a car that breaks down - or natural disaster - or a lost job...whatever...

I pray you and your family never find yourself hungry and destitute...
My heart is not made of stone. I feel the people that NEED the money and food (those you refer to) are being cheated by ineffective gov't programs that many are taking advantage of due to the lack of controls. If the gov't placed more controls, the potential to allocate more funds to those that really need it rises exponentially.

Sometimes, times get tough. Many circumstances, albeit with hard work, I feel people can get themselves out of holes.

Yes, there are unique circumstances. In terms of the natural disaster, I'm not sure what level of assistance I'd agree with.

Those that can't even provide food and shelter for themselves, certainly deserve the gov'ts help ... there's no question.

I think you and I are discussing two very different categories of people.

Make no mistake, those that can't provide shelter and food for themselves DO deserve gov't assistance.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I think you and I are discussing two very different categories of people.
Yeah... thats for sure...

I'm refering to the poor and destitute...

i have no idea what your talking about... Lazy people?
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Confirmed: The personal savings rate is derived from personal income less the sum of personal outlays and personal current taxes. "Personal income" is net of payments to Social Security, but NOT payments to a 401k or any other private pension fund. So, yeah, we have a negative savings rate, period.

More info here:
http://www.bea.gov/beahome.html
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

KBL Ed wrote:Confirmed: The personal savings rate is derived from personal income less the sum of personal outlays and personal current taxes. "Personal income" is net of payments to Social Security, but NOT payments to a 401k or any other private pension fund. So, yeah, we have a negative savings rate, period.

More info here:
IMHO, it shouldn't be calculated that way. Some of my friends max out their 401k's (around $15,500) and Roth IRA's (around $3,000) and they're counted as "not saving" haha
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
KBL Ed wrote:Confirmed: The personal savings rate is derived from personal income less the sum of personal outlays and personal current taxes. "Personal income" is net of payments to Social Security, but NOT payments to a 401k or any other private pension fund. So, yeah, we have a negative savings rate, period.

More info here:
IMHO, it shouldn't be calculated that way. Some of my friends max out their 401k's (around $15,500) and Roth IRA's (around $3,000) and they're counted as "not saving" haha
I think I may have not been clear. Those savings ARE included in determining the nation's savings rate. It is just there is too much dis-saving to make up for the few of us who are prudent.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

KBL Ed wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

More info here:
I think I may have not been clear. Those savings ARE included in determining the nation's savings rate. It is just there is too much dis-saving to make up for the few of us who are prudent.
You were clear, I just read it too quickly.

This is very surprising, thanks KBL Ed for the eye-opener.
Personal saving -- DPI less personal outlays -- was a negative $95.0 billion in November,
compared with a negative $71.4 billion in October. Personal saving as a percentage of disposable
personal income was a negative 1.0 percent in November, compared with a negative 0.7 percent in
October. Negative personal saving reflects personal outlays that exceed disposable personal income.
Saving from current income may be near zero or negative when outlays are financed by borrowing
(including borrowing financed through credit cards or home equity loans), by selling investments or
other assets, or by using savings from previous periods. For more information, see the FAQs on
"Personal Saving" on BEA's Web site. For a comparison of personal saving in BEA's national
income and product accounts with personal saving in the Federal Reserve Board's flow of funds
accounts and data on changes in net worth (which help finance consumption), go to
http://www.bea.gov/bea/dn/nipaweb/Nipa-Frb.asp.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The most amazing thing in this thread is that DMC hasn't resorted to calling XJib a "f*** Nazi" or other such stuff in two pages of discussion. Must've made a New Years Resolution to have more civil discussions on Killington Zone. :lol:

Carry on.......
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

He compared us to Rome, but Rome fell because it over taxed and plaquated the populous while being over extended. OK, Um, Nevermind!

But as for industry, being in that business, we may have outsourced many manufacturing jobs, but that sector still continues to grow and expand, and purchase Capitol Equipment. So, how is it we are declining?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Re: What other countries think of "US"

Post by St. Jerry »

Almost no one is saving any money in the United States today.

Three spelling errors and one blatant lie ... and I've only reached the beginning of the seventh paragraph.

Nothing more to read, move along.

seriously dude? I nominate this post for quite possibly the most pathetic post of all time.
Ron Paul 2012