Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote:Yes, more treason by "Benedict" Bush.

Since it is a signing statement, there is good hope that it will be thrown out -- or at least not applicable for the next President.

"Stop throwing the Constituion in my face...It's just a goddamed piece of paper." -- George W. Bush, 2005

"Constitution is an outdated document." -- Alberto Gonzales

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." -- Oath of office, United States Constitution (Article II, Section 1)
From what I've read ... the first two quotes are "unconfirmed". I couldn't find a credible source that reported these quotes.

I'm not 100% certain that this would be a direct case of treason. Unethical, yes.
Whether the quotes are confirmed or not doesn't really matter. The President's actions clearly show a complete disdain for the Constitution...
The Supreme Court, through its actions and decisions over the past 200+ years, has proven that the Constitution is open to interpretation. "Disdain for the Constitution" in your eyes is "interpretation" in the eyes of others.
Bubba you don't really believe that the administration's interpretation of it's powers under the Constitution bears any relation to reality. Do you?
For the most part I disagree with their interpretation, however, I would not attack someone else's interpretation as "disdain" for the document. Did Lincoln have disdain for the Constitution when he suspended habeus corpus during the Civil War or was he acting to protect the Union and the Constitution? I happen to disagree with the Supreme Court's recent decision on the use of eminent domain - I think it was an awful decision. Does that mean the court has disdain for the Constitution? Did the Court have disdain for the Constitution when it decided Plessey v Ferguson or did it just interpret the Constitution in a way that was reversed 50 - 60 years later in Brown v Board of Education of Topeka? Again, "disdain for the Constitution" in your eyes is "interpretation" in the eyes of others. I rest my case.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe