Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote:From ABC News:

Quote:

But the real reason was that some lawmakers, including House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other members of the delegations from Ohio and Florida, wanted to travel to Arizona to watch tonight's college football championship between Ohio State and the University of Florida.

The explanations for the day off have already fueled partisan rancor, with both parties blaming the other.

Democratic congressional sources claim that their leadership wanted a normal Monday in session, but that when Boehner's office requested the day off due to the football game, it relented in the interest of keeping the peace. (The Senate was in session today.) Members of the House typically arrive late Monday evening to vote on noncontroversial suspension bills, such as naming a post office.

"He did in fact request that votes not commence this week until tomorrow" because of the football game, Boehner spokesman Brian Kennedy told ABCNews.com, calling the brouhaha "much ado about nothing."

End Quote
That's the hugest bunch of sh*t I've ever heard.

The dem's are not interested in peace, they're interested in change ... I'm surprised after all of Pelosi's chest-thumping, she did a complete 180 and instead admits she'd rather keep the peace rather than her promise.

In the business world, she'd be fired.
OK, let me get this straight:

First, you're pissed off because the Dems are "backpedaling".

Well, OK, they're not exactly "backpedaling" -- they'll "taking the day off" for football.

So, OK, scratch the first diatribe. You're now really angry about the "Dem's taking off for football", or more specifically, "giving themselves the day off so they can watch football".

Except, well, THEY didn't want the day off at all -- the House Minority Leader, a Republican (among others), wanted to fly out to Arizona to watch his politically beloved Buckeyes get their asses kicked by Florida. (And this was confirmed by Boehner's own spokesman -- well, everything but the "getting their asses kicked" part.)

So, OK, scratch the second diatribe. NOW, instead, you're "upset" that the Dems -- what? Didn't force a Monday session to spite Boehner? And this shows -- what? That they're more interested in "change" than "peace"? Which means what, exactly?

Sometimes, instead of "Yeah, but... but... but...", it really is OK to just say, "Oh, never mind. Forget I said anything."
They are backpedaling ... you can call it what you will.

Since the House Minority leader needs the day off, the whole congress (435 people) is given the day off? How does that work?

Precisely, they should have held a session despite his absence. They're elected officials that are supposed to be serving the public ... that's what they're paid for, not to take days off for football.

Is this "day off" that was given, acceptable to you?
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote: Hope the Dems have the cojones to stand up to the traitor.
Like the cojones they displayed when they said "Hm, ok Mr. Republican, yes we'll give congress a day off for football"?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dude.. you have no perspective...

You come accross as just looking for a fight..
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote: Hope the Dems have the cojones to stand up to the traitor.
Like the cojones they displayed when they said "Hm, ok Mr. Republican, yes we'll give congress a day off for football"?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dude.. you have no perspective...

You come accross as just looking for a fight..
I know it comes off that way, but it's all relative, IMHO.
DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Where is BadDog and DMC bad mouthing the new Dem controlled congress??

chirp chirp chirp
I'm actually in Texas.. I have to work for a living... :)
Your telling me ... I'm about to quit out of boredom. Were things this slow when you started out? The other day I asked my senior if there are any projects or tasks that need to be completed because I'm dying of boredom. His reply was that I should spend time reading Oracle documents (yawn) and learn more about Oracle ... he said if I waited for work ... I'll never get any. I've tried asking others on the team to allow me to help them with various tasks, but to no avail, so I've quit asking. I guess I need to dig around and find something to do? Certainly not the environment I'm accustomed to! :shock: :lol:

They hired me because they were flooded with work, yet here I sit, bored as can be.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:They hired me because they were flooded with work, yet here I sit, bored as can be.
Maybe you should try and find another job...

In the meantime..
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/09/ ... index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The first item on the House Democrats' "100 hours" legislative agenda, a measure to implement some of the recommendations of the 9/11 commission, passed on Tuesday evening.

The vote was 299-128.

Nearly 70 Republicans crossed party lines to vote for the package. It mandates full inspection of air and sea cargo entering the United States and shifts more homeland security funding to communities with high-risk terror targets.
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:They hired me because they were flooded with work, yet here I sit, bored as can be.
Maybe you should try and find another job...
I have been, but I've decided I should at least stick it out and work here for at least a year.
DMC_Freeride wrote: In the meantime..
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The first item on the House Democrats' "100 hours" legislative agenda, a measure to implement some of the recommendations of the 9/11 commission, passed on Tuesday evening.

The vote was 299-128.

Nearly 70 Republicans crossed party lines to vote for the package. It mandates full inspection of air and sea cargo entering the United States and shifts more homeland security funding to communities with high-risk terror targets.
Good news to hear! It's shocking that it took congress this long to pass the recommendations. I wonder what those who voted against it are thinking!!!???
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Jan 10th, '07, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The vote was 299-128.

Good new to hear! It's shocking that it took congress this long to pass the recommendations. I wonder what those who voted against it are thinking!!!???
The only thing they didn't do was vote to fund all those changes. When the Senate looked at it a while back it turned out the cost was over $50 billion over 5 years. They plan on coming back to that later - how much later and how much money will they vote to support? Why didn't they do the whole thing now, unless they just wanted the political points gained from voting for "motherhood and apple pie"? Judging by this initial vote, they're not draining the swamp, they're merely changing out the alligators.

Beyond that, I have no idea what they actually voted for - in substantive detail rather than broad "full inspection, etc." language which everyone could support. And, keep in mind that some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission were quite debatable and have been counterproductive. The Department of Homeland Security is, in many ways, simply an added layer of bureaucracy to an already bloated Federal government. Putting FEMA into DHS instead of having the FEMA director report directly to the President was, in many respects, a major contributing factor to FEMA's failures during Katrina. Let's not be so quick to go "whoopee, what took them so long" and let's look at the reality of the proposals.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The vote was 299-128.

Good new to hear! It's shocking that it took congress this long to pass the recommendations. I wonder what those who voted against it are thinking!!!???
The only thing they didn't do was vote to fund all those changes. When the Senate looked at it a while back it turned out the cost was over $50 billion over 5 years. They plan on coming back to that later - how much later and how much money will they vote to support? Why didn't they do the whole thing now, unless they just wanted the political points gained from voting for "motherhood and apple pie"? Judging by this initial vote, they're not draining the swamp, they're merely changing out the alligators.

Beyond that, I have no idea what they actually voted for - in substantive detail rather than broad "full inspection, etc." language which everyone could support. And, keep in mind that some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission were quite debatable and have been counterproductive. The Department of Homeland Security is, in many ways, simply an added layer of bureaucracy to an already bloated Federal government. Putting FEMA into DHS instead of having the FEMA director report directly to the President was, in many respects, a major contributing factor to FEMA's failures during Katrina. Let's not be so quick to go "whoopee, what took them so long" and let's look at the reality of the proposals.
I guess you could call me one of the "suckers". I was under the impression that within this 100 hours Dem's were getting things done, completed, etc and making up to the American people, the failures of Republicans ... not doing things "half assed" as I call it.