Bush Approval Rating At New Low

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Bush Approval Rating At New Low

Post by ABushismaDay »

Do you think he can say anthing tonight that will change his rating drastically?

Poll: Bush Approval Rating At New Low

On Eve Of State Of Union, President's Approval Rating Falls To 28%, A New Low

Fast Fact

By a more than 2-to-1 margin, Americans think Mr. Bush does not share their priorities. Just 28 percent think he does, while 69 percent think he does not.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CBS) President Bush will deliver his State of the Union address Tuesday night to a nation that's strongly opposed to his plan for increasing troops in Iraq and deeply unhappy with his performance as president, according to a CBS News poll.

Mr. Bush’s overall approval rating has fallen to just 28 percent, a new low, while more than twice as many (64 percent) disapprove of the way he's handling his job.

The president's nationally televised message to Congress may not even reach many of those whose minds he would like to change. Less than half the public says it's very likely to watch the speech — and that answer comes more from those who already support him.

There's still more troubling news for the president: By a more than 2-to-1 margin, Americans think Mr. Bush does not share their priorities. Just 28 percent think he does, while 69 percent think he does not.

More than two-thirds of Americans also think the country has gotten off on the wrong track, while just 26 percent think it is headed in the right direction.

DOES BUSH SHARE YOUR PRIORITIES?

Yes
28%
No
69%

Mr. Bush's approval rating is much lower than it was one year ago, when 42 percent of Americans approved, and far lower than the ratings he received in polls prior to his previous State of the Union addresses. Those ratings have fallen steadily since a high of 82 percent in January 2002, shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

His job approval is also far below those of other modern two-term presidents at this point in their second terms.

In January 1999, for example, just after his impeachment by the House of Representatives, President Bill Clinton's job approval rating was 65 percent. In January 1987, President Ronald Reagan's was 52 percent. In 1967, President Lyndon Johnson received a 47 percent approval rating, even as debate about the Vietnam War raged.

This poll was conducted among a random sample of 1,168 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone January 18-21, 2007. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher. An oversample of African-Americans was also conducted for this poll, for a total of 221 interviews among this group. The results were then weighted in proportion to the racial composition of the adult population in the U.S. Census. The margin of error for African-Americans is plus or minus seven points.

For unabridged version see the original article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/ ... rchStories
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Closing the boarder and fixing SS would help him tremendously, too bad he lacks the balls to do anything of that magnitude ....
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Bush Approval Rating At New Low

Post by BadDog »

ABushismaDay wrote:Do you think he can say anthing tonight that will change his rating drastically?
1) I'm firing Dick Cheney.

2) Then I'm resigning.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Closing the boarder and fixing SS would help him tremendously, too bad he lacks the balls to do anything of that magnitude ....
Doubt it on the border issue. Very few - if any - people who ran on the border issue actually got elected to Congress. Just wasn't that important an issue to most people.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Closing the boarder and fixing SS would help him tremendously, too bad he lacks the balls to do anything of that magnitude ....
Doubt it on the border issue. Very few - if any - people who ran on the border issue actually got elected to Congress. Just wasn't that important an issue to most people.
I'm surprised by this and not surprised at the same time.

I'm willing to bet 50% of those that voted don't even know who they're voting for or what the person's platform they're voting for is.

I talk about politics a lot, but I have a very hard time doing it with my friends. They start by commenting about a headline they saw somewhere and then we begin our discussion.

Undoubtedly, both republican and democrat friends of mine are totally clueless ... when I say Nancy Pelosi, they say, who? When I say Hillary, everyone knows, but they just know the name, nothing more.

What so bad about this? All of them vote, but know nothing more but a name and a face.

I actually had a friend that voted for Kerry because she thought that he supported Gay marriage and thought Kerry was going to make it legal.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if 50% of these clueless people spent more then five seconds choosing who they vote for, I think the border issue would be more important.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

ABushismaDay wrote:Do you think he can say anthing tonight that will change his rating drastically?
As stated - fire Cheney...
Then fire KKKarl Rove... Or even better... Run him out of the country on a rail...

"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Watching CNN in the Airport I had to wonder WTF is in the news anymore. All they talked about for about 15 minutes were POLLS. Polls about what they liked about Bush, What they didn't like, how he was doing in his job, if the Dems would fix anything, if the Republicans would play with the Dems and on and on. Seems all they know how to do anymore is create polls to create news to report on.

Bush is a lame duck. He will pass some stupid measure to allow ILLEGALS to stay but pay a fine and all the other crap citizens don't want, and the Dems will help him. SS will go the way it has been going for 50+ years. Dems never did anything for it before, why start now?

And Iraq will still be on the plate come 2008. Dumb f'n government.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC_Freeride wrote:
As stated - fire Cheney...
Then fire KKKarl Rove... Or even better... Run him out of the country on a rail...

Yeah I think he just lowered his rating even further.

More of the same, more of the same, more of the same.

Think I've use the quote attributed to Einstein before here but it's apropos

"Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result"
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre