J-E-T-S

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

SkiDork wrote:C, you up for the game?
No. In a horrible bit of Christmas frenzy planning I'll be on a plane from Boston to NYC and will miss the game. Gotta work Monday too.

Maybe we'll get to catch a playoff game though...
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

CAPBOY wrote:There's lots of ways to skin the cat. Doesn't really bother me. Pats are a good team with a great coach. We lost to them, Pit, Ravens, and Bills. Beat every team we should have beat. That is a good thing as a Jets fan considering our history of losing games you should win. I guess as a fan of a team that won 2 out of the last 3 SB's, you lose perspective or just have a different one. You should thank God that Herm/Hacket are running the O!
It's all good bro! This is just fun. You definitely get a little high on your team when they have had the success that the Pats have had these last few years. But as we found out Monday, this is the NFL. And in the NFL, more that any other pro sport, anyone can win any week. I'm sure Sunday will be a battle. Enjoy it!
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Cityskier wrote: It's all good bro! This is just fun. You definitely get a little high on your team when they have had the success that the Pats have had these last few years. But as we found out Monday, this is the NFL. And in the NFL, more that any other pro sport, anyone can win any week. I'm sure Sunday will be a battle. Enjoy it!
It is fun! I went to every game in 96. 1-15! Rich KOTITE! And enjoyed it all. Would love the Pats Fans success. I enjoy a good conversation about the games too.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

CAPBOY wrote:
Cityskier wrote: It's all good bro! This is just fun. You definitely get a little high on your team when they have had the success that the Pats have had these last few years. But as we found out Monday, this is the NFL. And in the NFL, more that any other pro sport, anyone can win any week. I'm sure Sunday will be a battle. Enjoy it!
It is fun! I went to every game in 96. 1-15! Rich KOTITE! And enjoyed it all. Would love the Pats Fans success. I enjoy a good conversation about the games too.
1-15...like the Pats in the early '90s. It can be tough to endure. You guys are in good shape with Herm and Chad though. And Curtis Martin has blown me away this year. Anything can happen...I just hope it doesn't happen this weekend!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Jets offense went back to being crappy.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

I didn't see a snap! Damn. I hope Richard Seymour's leg is ok.

Rams should be easy. Hopefully it won't matter. Good luck.
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Went to the Jets/Pats game yesterday. Was my first Jets home game in many moons (I bleed blue) but anyway, I got the tickets from my company. Had 14th row, lower deck on 15 yard line. Great seats but what up with the Jets offense? They didn't show up yesterday. Left after the 3rd quarter since it was really cold but all in all had a fun time. The fireman really gets the crowd going.

EDIT: Was great to see the Joe Klecko jersey retirement ceremony. Broadway Joe was out there along with Gastaneau and a few others.
1918 lives
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Cityskier wrote:I didn't see a snap! Damn. I hope Richard Seymour's leg is ok.

Rams should be easy. Hopefully it won't matter. Good luck.
Luck will be needed. Pats played a great game.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

If the Jets lose against St Louis, the Bills beat Pittsburgh, and Denver beats Indy, the Jets don't make the playoffs? I don't quite understand the tiebreaker system. I thought it was head-to-head (a split with the Bills) followed by conference record (Jets are 7-5, Bills would be 6-6). I'm confused. Do they count margin of victory in the 2 head to head games?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Geoff wrote:If the Jets lose against St Louis, the Bills beat Pittsburgh, and Denver beats Indy, the Jets don't make the playoffs? I don't quite understand the tiebreaker system. I thought it was head-to-head (a split with the Bills) followed by conference record (Jets are 7-5, Bills would be 6-6). I'm confused. Do they count margin of victory in the 2 head to head games?
Overall record, Conference Record, point spread or something like that. The point spread is the killer because if you had a couple of big blow outs your way or against you, it can change everything.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

Is there a three way tie. That throws all kinds on new wrinkles into the computation.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

I just looked up the tiebreaker rules. Within the same division for a wildcard slot, it's "head to head" followed by "common opponents". If the Bills beat Pittsburgh and the Jets lose to St Louis, the Bills have a better record against common opponents.
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

You think you understand this until you have all the rules.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6823575
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit