No...it can't be!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

No...it can't be!

Post by Bubba »

I saw my first 2008 presidential campaign commercial last night....for Mitt Romney. Say it ain't so! It's only February and the primaries are a year away!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Seen plenty of Obama 2008 stickers already.

IMHO, Hillary is already on self-destruct mode.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

First Christmas Season gets extended to July and now this..........
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:First Christmas Season gets extended to July and now this..........
It's the New Hampshire primary - first in the nation - that comes up in early February next year. Last time around, commercials started in July - most John Edwards commercials then as I recall. Kerry started a little later. Then, with NY on the other side of VT, and their primary season starting later, we got inundated with NYS oriented commercials until their primary came along. By the time the election rolled around in November, I just wanted the election to be over and not have to watch another candidate commercial for a while.

This go 'round, we're apparently starting earlier - February - to prepare for next February's NH primary.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:First Christmas Season gets extended to July and now this..........
It's the New Hampshire primary - first in the nation - that comes up in early February next year. Last time around, commercials started in July - most John Edwards commercials then as I recall. Kerry started a little later. Then, with NY on the other side of VT, and their primary season starting later, we got inundated with NYS oriented commercials until their primary came along. By the time the election rolled around in November, I just wanted the election to be over and not have to watch another candidate commercial for a while.

This go 'round, we're apparently starting earlier - February - to prepare for next February's NH primary.
I was surprised that you were surprised...I guess it's cause I'm living it. I can't even count the amount of "meet and greets" that have happened already.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

MarieM wrote:
Bubba wrote:

I was surprised that you were surprised...I guess it's cause I'm living it. I can't even count the amount of "meet and greets" that have happened already.
Oh, I understand the "meet and greets" happening so early. That's the nature of retail politics in New Hampshire and the rest of northern New England, but it's the commercials that just start to annoy being that they're starting earlier and earlier.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Bubba wrote:
MarieM wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Oh, I understand the "meet and greets" happening so early. That's the nature of retail politics in New Hampshire and the rest of northern New England, but it's the commercials that just start to annoy being that they're starting earlier and earlier.
I used to have a job in "traffic" at a radio station...scheduling of commercials. The closer it gets to election time, the more of a nightmare it is to try to keep a handle on it. For a local radio station, it's a great source of revenue...like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm sure it's the same for the bigger markets but obviously on a much larger scale. I wonder if the candidates' handlers take the "annoyance" factor into account when making the decision on scheduling advertising.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

It the time of the constant campaign...that is my problem with politics / politicians....by always being "campaign mode" they lose all sense of what the really are and who they represent and end up leading a life of lies and "politiking"

1984 - Double Speak lives on!

p.s. fyi - my constitutional law professor just left mid semester to be an advisor for obama, seems to be doing alright. He worked for Booker in Newark who is suppossed to be a welcome change, but crime continues and he has been giving out contracts to non residents who contributed to his campaign...it seems they all suck
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPy7RnHwvmA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPy7RnHwvmA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>