MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
MarieM wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote: Easy to say.... :roll:
You're right, considering I have no son.

However, in the circumstance that I died doing something I loved and was passionate about, but my mother didn't share similar feelings ... I would expect in mourning me she would try her best to understand and appreciate the passion I had, not use my death as a tool to forward her own passion, feelings, and opinions.

I disagree. He died doing a job he believed in. Now it's up to her to do the same thing. If she believes his death was in vain, and she feels passionate about conveying that, she should do that. He would expect nothing less.

I don't agree with everything she has to say and I don't agree with her tactics in attempting to promote peace, but I give her a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and making an honest attempt at changing things.

The line about American Idol makes me nauseous in it's truth. What a sad and scary commentary on our priorities.

BigK, did you shake a hand?
I guess I disagree with you disagreement!

If I was passionate about fighting for my country and I believed in what I was fighting for and I believed in the reasons for fighting .... I wouldn't want my mother to use my death to forward her own personal passions, albeit opposite of mine.

Perhaps we merely agree to disagree.
I'll cut you some slack here because of your age but losing a child is the most traumatic event a parent can possibly experience, and to lose a child in a war that you don't believe in would make it even worse. That parent would justifiably say "no more" and "I have to do whatever I can to stop this".
Thank you, Bubba.

I used to think that if I ever lost one of my kids, I'd be hard-pressed not to jump in the grave with him.

The solider took a stand. How could he fault his mother for speaking out for hers?