aol would not let me open this

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

aol would not let me open this

Post by nancie2k »

it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
Killington Koyote
Black Carver

Post by Killington Koyote »

How long before one of these groups with co-ordination in the U.S. get this site banned??? I hope the creator/editor is well hidden and protected.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Killington Koyote wrote:How long before one of these groups with co-ordination in the U.S. get this site banned??? I hope the creator/editor is well hidden and protected.
Why is that? You dislike freedom of opinion? Or is that you prefer to ban any site that you disagree with? What's next, strapping people's mouths shut because you dislike the information/opinion coming from their mouth?

Sounds pretty hypocritical, all things considered.
Killington Koyote
Black Carver

Post by Killington Koyote »

XJ You mis understood, I love the fact that this site is up and running, I merely meant that it is probably only a matter of time before someone tries to shut it down because it puts Islam in a bad light, as just happened with a special news story (not aware of full details) that was blocked from airing because it showed a darker side of Islam, not far off from this site. I actually forwarded the URL to some of my friends who think all is fine with their religion and treatment of women. As far as hoping the creators were protected, I fear that with the extremism these groups follow their ideologies, that they (the web site creators) would be targeted).

I don't believe in banning anyone's freedom of expression (except maybe a few on this board :) )
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I only partially read KK's post and understood what he meant. They will attempt to find prejudice in the site and have it shut down. Extremests will attempt to find those posting it and do what ever it takes to stop them.

You think Iraq is a war? it is a war of minds, logic and freedom, and our laws protect these assholes. The Koran wants all infidels dead. That is you, me and everyone else who is not Muslim.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:The Koran wants all infidels dead...
So did Christians before the Enlightenment....17th century or so. Heretics used to be burned at the stake. Copernicus was lucky!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:The Koran wants all infidels dead...
So did Christians before the Enlightenment....17th century or so. Heretics used to be burned at the stake. Copernicus was lucky!
Yes, but unlike the muslims the chritians were working on the words of the men that led them. The word of the Koran requires that all that are conquered must convert or die. Not even the Old Testament required that.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?