Looking for a room for '07-'08

Post share and ski house listings, short/long term rentals and home/condo sales
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Looking for a room for '07-'08

Post by Stache »

I am very seriously considering joining the Perfect Turn / Killington Ski School for next season. I have been teaching there for the February Brit weeks for the last four seasons. The Work Committment vs. Free Ski time is a lot better than my current job at Jiminy Peak. The weekly mileage works out to be a wash. The only hitch is I need a room for the season. Most every weekend and the holiday weeks plus a Brit week or two. Some weekends I will be solo and teaching, others my daughter will tag along so we can ski together.

If you run a house or have a room PM me or email Stache@SkiWithStache.com
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Just maybe.

Post by Stache »

I found most of what I am looking for:
Place to crash near K without having to drive all the way back to Selkirk NY (it ain't all the way back to Boston or Jersey but it is still too far to commute daily). Room for myself most weekends and three busy teaching weeks. Able to bring my daughter the weekends I am not teaching.
<=$1500/season
The small hurdles are :
#1. 30 mins to mt on good days.
#2. No internet.

Looking for a room for myself most every weekend, Christmas, Pres, and Brit weeks. For my Daughter and self on other weekends when I am not teaching. As close to Snowshed as possible without the $$ of ski in/ski out. Kinda need wifi or other net connect 'cause I make my living off the net.

What does the house get?
50 yo ski instructor (PSIA Associate Cert 1987) with a very mature and sensible (up to now) 13 yo daughter who can ski anything at K and has done the fiddle 3X.
Very handyman who has re-wired and re-plumbed a 100+ yr old farmhouse he currently lives in (a work in progress). Above average computer and net user (far from expert or KIA).
Stache
Poster Child Poster

How about for just Feb 8th - 13th??

Post by Stache »

Many Circumstances (most beyond my control) prevent me from becoming a K-ton Part timer this season.
However, I will still be doing the Brit week and I am looking for a place to crash Friday night 2/8/08 through Wednesday night 2/13/08.
Traditionally it has been the Turn of River Lodge, but I am open to other possibilities if you can beat their english muffins and Wheaties.