Killington Finds A New Way to Answer Questions

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

IronMan WannaB
Bumper

Re: Killington Finds A New Way to Answer Questions

Post by IronMan WannaB »

I am a non home owner. Only been skiing K for four or five years. Mountain has varied terrain and is large. Hard to get bored. It was in the past 1st to open and
last to close. I am a blackout pass holder. I will take trips North early and late season, and also blackout dates. I will be bringing a boat load of people with me. I would rather spend time at K, but I am forced to spend my money away from K due to mountain policies and prices. Go to Jay get discount showing season pass. Rooms within 1/2 hour 89 bucks. Feed three people at mountain less than twenty five bucks. Deep snow Face shots priceless.
Sparky
One of the kids your mothers wouldn't let you play with.
K1 Bandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by K1 Bandit »

Stop Bitchin' about how to answer Killington Mountain Questions. One of you guys take Dwight's old job and you can answer your own questions!
(job description from the website):

Marketing Services and Interactive Manager
Maximize potential of Killington websites in driving business to the resort. Keep web content current and develop e-commerce opportunities for multiple profit centers. Design direct marketing programs for both email and regular mail. Create lists, develop offers and write copy and newsletters. Interact with corporate web, database, and IS teams well as with outside vendors and resort sales/reservations teams. This is a marketing-oriented position which requires creative thinking and analytical skills versus technical and graphic design ones. The position requires prior marketing experience and reports to the Brand Manager.

Come on Shortski This is perfect for you. Your office will be just down the hall from your buddy Chris. You can collaborate on all the ASK KILLINGTON answers!
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

K1 Bandit wrote:Come on Shortski This is perfect for you. Your office will be just down the hall from your buddy Chris. You can collaborate on all the ASK KILLINGTON answers!
Funny, I actually do have the qualifications to fill the position. I should go fill out an application for giggles. I'm on the access road right now typing from Sud-n-Duds, maybe a quick stop by the admin bluiding is in order. I just happen to be wearing a Kzone t-shirt.

:D :D
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

shortski wrote:
K1 Bandit wrote:Come on Shortski This is perfect for you. Your office will be just down the hall from your buddy Chris. You can collaborate on all the ASK KILLINGTON answers!
Funny, I actually do have the qualifications to fill the position. I should go fill out an application for giggles. I'm on the access road right now typing from Sud-n-Duds, maybe a quick stop by the admin bluiding is in order. I just happen to be wearing a Kzone t-shirt.

...like they'd do anything with a Shortski job application but circular file it. :beat

I'll be interested to see who they hire for this slot. Dave RatBurn wasn't a particularly compelling public speaker and Chris Nyberg seemed to open his mouth in public last year mainly to change feet. I'm unfamiliar with his replacement but she's bound to be an improvement in generating some level of enthusiasm about the resort. If they add more talent on the public face of the company, it could go a long way to mending relations with their core customer base and the town.

I'm still of the thinking that my only personal beef with the new ownership was their reprehensible closing date. I also think they need to adjust their never-never and juniors pricing since it's really their moral obligation to sustain the sport rather than merely generate short-term profit from it. Their public face was a disaster last year but they're bound to adjust that given the negative impact it had with their Texas real estate partner.
SkiPutt
Slalom Racer

Post by SkiPutt »

shortski wrote:

DO IT :lol: The interview would be a hoot :!:
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Geoff wrote:and Chris Nyberg seemed to open his mouth in public last year mainly to change feet.
OK, I've never heard that expression before. That's a good one.

From what I've been able to gather from friends who work in the industry and know/knew the new K-Marketing director, the general reaction seems to be... eh. She's apparently a pleasant enough person but hasn't ever set the world on fire... which, come to think of it, may be exactly what they need right now.

I'm more interested in the person just hired to be the new director of the Killington chamber -- Patricia O'Connor. I've met her a couple of times, and she's a smart woman who really knows what she's doing. Plus, she seemed like a pretty cool chick. It was a wise move.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

JerseyGuy wrote:
Geoff wrote:and Chris Nyberg seemed to open his mouth in public last year mainly to change feet.
OK, I've never heard that expression before. That's a good one.

From what I've been able to gather from friends who work in the industry and know/knew the new K-Marketing director, the general reaction seems to be... eh. She's apparently a pleasant enough person but hasn't ever set the world on fire... which, come to think of it, may be exactly what they need right now.
If she was a former high school cheerleader with that level of enthusiasm, I think it would go a long way. Dave RatBurn had the public persona of an accountant and Chris Nyberg isn't a compelling public persona so you have to surround him with public-facing staff who are well-liked. "Pleasant" would be good as long as it's coupled with some enthusiasm. Face it, the team Chris Nyberg inherited wasn't exactly selected from the best and brightest. They all came in as ASC was sinking and employee morale was at an all-time low. That's not exactly the time to be hiring "A" players and you end up with a lot of "C-".

I think Chris Nyberg got some very bad advice and trusted the wrong people. In particular, he has a staff member who owns the Mountain Inn who I believe was very influental last year. Find me one satisfied guest who has ever stayed at the Mountain Inn. I've only ever heard complaints. Given the connection between the Killington Lodging Bureau, Killington, and this troll's property, he has a steady stream of suckers to screw every year. The internet reviews for the place go like:
"Stayed at this Inn once before but recieved such poor service this time that we will never go back."
and
"One of the worst hotels in the US".
Project that attitude on Killington and you end up with the 2007-2008 debacle. I'm hopeful that Chris Nyberg has seen the light.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Geoff wrote:I think Chris Nyberg got some very bad advice and trusted the wrong people. In particular, he has a staff member who owns the Mountain Inn who I believe was very influental last year. Find me one satisfied guest who has ever stayed at the Mountain Inn. I've only ever heard complaints. Given the connection between the Killington Lodging Bureau, Killington, and this troll's property, he has a steady stream of suckers to screw every year. The internet reviews for the place go like:
"Stayed at this Inn once before but recieved such poor service this time that we will never go back."
and
Project that attitude on Killington and you end up with the 2007-2008 debacle. I'm hopeful that Chris Nyberg has seen the light.
Yup -- I know exactly who you're talking about. This "gentleman" is the very definition of a slick, superficial, used-car salesman, and incredibly lazy to boot. He's a fast talker who married money and now owns several properties in the area, including plenty of slum-level residences down in Rutland. He's the kind of guy who makes you want to take a shower after the briefest of conversations.

One thing's for sure: he's a prime example of the type of high-level K-Manager who's had way, WAY too much influence at Killington in recent years. He's also the kind of selfish, self-serving creep a more-secure general manager would find a way to jettison as soon as humanly possible.
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"Go f*** yourself."
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

JerseyGuy wrote:
Geoff wrote:I think Chris Nyberg got some very bad advice and trusted the wrong people. In particular, he has a staff member who owns the Mountain Inn who I believe was very influental last year. Find me one satisfied guest who has ever stayed at the Mountain Inn. I've only ever heard complaints. Given the connection between the Killington Lodging Bureau, Killington, and this troll's property, he has a steady stream of suckers to screw every year. The internet reviews for the place go like:
and
Yup -- I know exactly who you're talking about. This "gentleman" is the very definition of a slick, superficial, used-car salesman, and incredibly lazy to boot. He's a fast talker who married money and now owns several properties in the area, including plenty of slum-level residences down in Rutland. He's the kind of guy who makes you want to take a shower after the briefest of conversations.

One thing's for sure: he's a prime example of the type of high-level K-Manager who's had way, WAY too much influence at Killington in recent years. He's also the kind of selfish, self-serving creep a more-secure general manager would find a way to jettison as soon as humanly possible.
Some women I know think he's cute.......Mostly the "bats from both sides"...he is kind of a girlyman. :shock: :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

shortski wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
and

Some women I know think he's cute.......Mostly the "bats from both sides"...he is kind of a girlyman. :shock: :lol:
How do you think he got most of the toys he has in life?

"Go f*** yourself."
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

JerseyGuy wrote:I'm more interested in the person just hired to be the new director of the Killington chamber -- Patricia O'Connor. I've met her a couple of times, and she's a smart woman who really knows what she's doing. Plus, she seemed like a pretty cool chick. It was a wise move.
I know Pat from her role here in lodging marketing. Pat was let go in the bloodletting that took place last July - a big mistake in my book. She's a good catch for the Chamber.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The1ThatGotAway
Bumper

Post by The1ThatGotAway »

wOOOhOOO!
gO pAT gO!
"This is good stuff. I got it from a Negro. You're probably high already and you don't even know it.
S.Smails
L.Underall
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Here's the latest Q&A from the Mountain Times along with an article on the Chamber of Commerce dinner with comments by Chris Nyberg and others. To get to the article, click on the link below "Get the Answer".

http://www.mountaintimes.info/
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe