"eastern snow"

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

K1 Bandit
Blue Chatterbox

"eastern snow"

Post by K1 Bandit »

We just had the first "storm" of the season up here. :wink:
Not much, but I think I saw someone on Giant Killer making turns. Was that you skippysnow?

skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Re: "eastern snow"

Post by skiingsnow »

Is that really today at Pico? I know some heavy thunderstorms just moved through there...

I see we got a severe thunderstorm warning right now despite the forecast having been for nothing but sun and some clouds.
K1 Bandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by K1 Bandit »

yup thats Pico. I just called Killington and they didn't get any hail at all. Most of it melted already but there is still a little on the ground.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

pics arent showing up...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
K1 Bandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by K1 Bandit »

Sorry about the pics JTJ, can anyone else see them?
you and me still on with our yankee redsox bet? yankees ahead by 1 game with 3 left at fenway...
j-bombs at the Pickle-Barrel.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

yeah, i just bumped that thread up in the sports forum. check it...

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

yeah the pics show up fine for me...
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

i just went through the season series and it looks like the sox are up by 1 game, 8-7, 15 played, 3 to go. am i wrong? 5 in april, 7 in july and 3 in august...

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

johnny the jibber wrote:pics arent showing up...
You probably need a Kodak Gallery account. I just signed in and I can now see the images if I do a 'properties' on the red X and paste the link into Internet Exploder.

They're just shots of a hand full of hail and a rock on the ground with some hail around it.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I had to copy and paste them into Word to see them. that's some serious hail. Glad we just missed it! We were up at K since Saturday and left today at noon. Didn't see any r*in except for a 1/2 hour Saturday night. It was 4 days of awesome weather. When we left K it was sunny and about 70. Got home around 5:30 and it was still in the 90's! YUCK! F'n heat and humidity just refuses to go away!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

RENO wrote:I had to copy and paste them into Word to see them. that's some serious hail. Glad we just missed it! We were up at K since Saturday and left today at noon. Didn't see any r*in except for a 1/2 hour Saturday night. It was 4 days of awesome weather. When we left K it was sunny and about 70. Got home around 5:30 and it was still in the 90's! YUCK! F'n heat and humidity just refuses to go away!
According to the Weather Channel, Gustav and Hannah are going to get together and bring lots of r*in to the Northeast this coming weekend. It looks like the opening of the football season will have to be postponed (at least the activities that were planned for Saturday).
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
RENO wrote:I had to copy and paste them into Word to see them. that's some serious hail. Glad we just missed it! We were up at K since Saturday and left today at noon. Didn't see any r*in except for a 1/2 hour Saturday night. It was 4 days of awesome weather. When we left K it was sunny and about 70. Got home around 5:30 and it was still in the 90's! YUCK! F'n heat and humidity just refuses to go away!
According to the Weather Channel, Gustav and Hannah are going to get together and bring lots of r*in to the Northeast this coming weekend. It looks like the opening of the football season will have to be postponed (at least the activities that were planned for Saturday).
Saturday is gonna suck big time! No softball this weekend for me!
At least the Giants play tonight...
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Starting Tuesday we are headed for the fall time weather with overnight lows every night in the 40's and 60's during the days.

Up on the mountain much colder. 30's and 40's just about all the time. Snow-forecast has 25* for Wednesday Night. 8)