I was in the lift line with Nyberg today . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ski
Wanted Poster

I was in the lift line with Nyberg today . . .

Post by ski »

. . . He was a few peeps in front of me in the singles line at SPE. I was watching to see how the lifties would handle him as far as scanning his pass and sorting him from the singles line. Then I realized that no one was scanning or running the maze.... This is Bear Mountain around 11:30 today and no one was checking tickets ! I think Nyberg was a little puzzled. He ended up directing traffic as he merged from the singles line...

:?
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Re: I was in the lift line with Nyberg today . . .

Post by johnny the jibber »

busy or just steady out there today?
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

I guess this is the Sunday report thread . . . it was more crowded than I ever expected - really thought all the vacationers would have headed home early to get ready for school/work . . .

Conditions were decent . . . but, "Mother Nature giveth, and Mother Nature blows it away" :lol: :lol:

Some kind of water issue on Bear Claw - does not look good, almost ice looking three-quarters of the way across and 200 yards long - hope they found the source - it'll take some work to get it back. Also, appears there was a bad accident on the Wildfire/Bear Claw intersection - hope the person is OK.

Wildfire, Dreamaker, Skyburst good . . . the Superstar headwall was quite an endeavor this morning, but I heard it was better in the afternoon - the rest of Superstar was great, Sky and Bitter good as well. My ROD was Highline - maybe just because we finally got to ski it for the first time in a couple of weeks. East Fall meh, and that chair was coooooold - back to Snowdon and all was good:)

Can't wait to get out there tomorrow with the regular midweek crowd . . . love ya all, but hey, enough is enough :mrgreen: :wink:
Last edited by MrsG on Jan 4th, '09, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

Can't wait to get out there tomorrow with the regular midweek crowd . . . love ya all, but hey, enough is enough :mrgreen: :wink:
word...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

johnny the jibber wrote:
word...

this is so much better than shizzle's post complaining about gapers.

thank you, mrs. g. : - )
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I was in Burlington enjoying brisket and latkes at a belated Chanukah celebration this weekend. mmmmmmm.....good!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Keithus
Slalom Racer

Post by Keithus »

Another Pico day.
Q-Ball was doing race training with the ski club.
Cold early, but surface conditions were just fine.

Summit and Birch Glades still nice.
Groomers were running fast and firmed up from yesterday, but definitely not scratchy yet.
Still soft in the trees, with some popular, if unmarked, spots still untouched.

I got talked into doing the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge race, and think I did pretty well considering my entire race experience consists of being a volunteer with Pico Hopefuls (Ross Light) last year.
They were running two courses on Lower Pike so you could race a friend if you wanted.

I have the week off so will be raiding the demo racks hard.
My "regular midweek crowd" membership card is stashed away somewhere, but I'll bust it out for the next eight days.
shizzle
Bumper

Post by shizzle »

MarieM wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:
word...

this is so much better than shizzle's post complaining about gapers.

thank you, mrs. g. : - )
i didn't call any of y'all gapers. you guys are just fine.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Since this appears to be the Sunday thread....

I started with Conclusion. And then I skied Conclusion. And then Conclusion. And then another Conclusion. I think you get the idea. I found Snowy Morning at Mahogany Ridge and dragged her over for... you guessed it... a couple of Conclusion runs. I went back in to rehydrate again, came back out, and did... Conclusion a few times. I then wandered over to Superstar. And another Superstar. And another Superstar. You get the idea. On my last run on Superstar, I closed it out with old school "Play that Funky Music, White Boy" on the iPod. Orange is the new pink. The Disemboweler has nothin' on me!

It looked like a neutron bomb hit the mountain by noon. There was nobody around in the afternoon. I was mostly using the K1 to access Conclusion since you could walk right on. Superstar had bodies in maybe every 5th chair. There weren't many people on the two trails I was skiing.

I pulled a brand new pair of Salomon X-Wing Furys out of the basement this morning that I bought for cheap on eBay last February. My last year's pair has almost 100 days on them and are pretty beat. It was like a new world. I had edge hold on things I was skidding on yesterday.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Ok, if it's a Sunday thread:

I began the day in the bedroom, late start but worked my way over to the bathroom. After that it was to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee. From there I worked my way over to my office where I checked posts here and on AZ. Checked the daily specials on the Steap and Cheap sites and had the my OJ and roll. Scratched my butt a bit, hit the bathroom again and then it was out to the store to pick up a fresh roll. Conditions were a typical 65 deg and nicely groomed floors, throughout the day temps reached about 70
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Ahatala25
Green Skidder

Post by Ahatala25 »

Today was pretty windy and cold. K-1 on windhold early and skyship kept stoping and starting :?: The woods at bear were very nice. spe lift line rotd.
Max
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

andyzee wrote:Ok, if it's a Sunday thread:

I began the day in the bedroom, late start but worked my way over to the bathroom. After that it was to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee. From there I worked my way over to my office where I checked posts here and on AZ. Checked the daily specials on the Steap and Cheap sites and had the my OJ and roll. Scratched my butt a bit, hit the bathroom again and then it was out to the store to pick up a fresh roll. Conditions were a typical 65 deg and nicely groomed floors, throughout the day temps reached about 70
No Sunday comics?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Mister Moose wrote:

No Sunday comics?
Ooops, yes, they came later after Sunday shopping, conditions there were nice as well. Sunny skies, warm temps and small crowds.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

MrsG wrote: Also, appears there was a bad accident on the Wildfire/Bear Claw intersection - hope the person is OK.
don't know all the details, but a boarder (could just as well been a skier) lost control at the very bottom of the stash and took out 4 of the 5 kids in my (2) son's devo group. my oldest got knocked out of his skis. youngest unscathed. one of the boys had to be sledded out, possibly a broken leg. evidently the accident took place way below the last jump of the Stash. i'm sure we'll hear the details in the days to come.

supe and conclusion were great today. took ONE ride up the Canyon chair and don't remember EVER being that cold. weird pierced to the bone....
double the powder and shorten the fuse!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

This is worthless without pictures...