Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Thursday 12/17

Post by laseranimal »

^

patrol training

didn't look like much fun
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

laseranimal wrote:^

patrol training

didn't look like much fun
Yup. Was a hardcore training run. 2 sleds with no ropes on a nasty section of cascade. Gotta hand it to those guys. They train like maniacs.
Legion
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Legion »

It was so cold that my feet got numb even with the boot heaters turned up to 4. Repeatedly.
My wife razzed me about my little frostbite spot , so I bought a full face mask with the tin woodsman looking nose before I headed out.
It was frigid enough that I didn't have to worry about looking like a dork. No offense SD.

Had this year's Nordica Nitrous CA out today and ... wow.
The carbon fibers make all the difference in stiffening these puppies up.
They feel more like the '07-'08 Top Fuel than the noodly Nitrous offerings of the last few years.
Great on the hardpack and very good on the soft sides and in the bumps.

There was a lot of windscoured boilerplate, but there was always something good on the leeward of most trails where the snow blew to.
I especially liked lower Skyelark, Chute top to bottom, and my final run snowgun baptism down lower East Fall.