Tuesday Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

gotanygum?
Black Carver

Tuesday Report

Post by gotanygum? »

Carbon Copy of Yesterday. Middle Ovation bumps are rocking. Cascade ROTD, they groomed a strip down the middle of it that was like carving in margerine. The ribbon connecting the two parts is pretty much gone but if you're hiking all the way over there you probably don't care much about a gap.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday Report

Post by Bubba »

Interesting...they groomed an area where the lifts aren't running and hiking is required? How beastly of them...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Skiing was great today:) . . . I didn't hike though . . . the grooming section of Cascade must be where they are farming snow . . . the crossover from Ovation to Superstar had much more snow on it than in the past week . . . Snowshed has many ribbons :mrgreen:
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Makes me wonder.... how does the cost of moving snow from Cascade to Superstar compare to just blowing it in the first place on a cold day?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote:Makes me wonder.... how does the cost of moving snow from Cascade to Superstar compare to just blowing it in the first place on a cold day?
if you're talking the return from middle o to supe. no way they're moving snow from cascade to middle o. if they're moving snow onto that connector, it's probably coming from lower o. as for cascade, probably martians. wonder what it looks like from outer space ....
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Thank you all for the updated report.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Some pictures from yesterday. Today looks to be more of the same.

Mid Ovation bumps. I thought these were the best. My back thinks otherwise.

Looking down the upper Superstar headwall. The bumps here were pretty far apart by the afternoon.

Looking up Superstar from the bottom. Bouncy line on the skier’s left.

The Canyon – looks a little sketchy, but plenty of folks still up for the end of day hike.

I was surprised by the number of people on the hill - mostly locals, but I did see a few day tickets out there.
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Look at that empty parking lot!!!!
Ovation's lines look dope!
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...